I drove a Cadillac XLR-V last week ! ! ! WOW ! ! !

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
The last time I got so impressed with a car like this was back in 1988. After I drove the Toronado Trofeo I was in love and I bought one.
Now this XLR-V is my new love. 0-60 in 4.6 supercharged seconds is such a thrill that I am really thinking about selling my old Toronado and getting this Cadillac Roadster.

I was rolling along at 15mph looking at the heads-up-display when I stomped it to the floor. It accelerated so hard that the rear tires started pushing sideways and I had to let out of it. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was surprised and exilirated all at the same time. :D :D :D

This is my old love, 88 Oldsmobile Toronado Trofeo. I think she may have to go for the new love Cadillac XLR-V.

Attachments

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Here is the XLR-V. Hardtop all power convertible and Supercharged Northstar V8 with a lot of bells and whistles.

OOoolaaalaaaa :D :D :D :D

Attachments

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
ONe nice car your olds is also. Id keep the olds also if you can. Dont know if you know this you may want to check and see where starter is. On my wifes it was under intake manifold and the engine had o rings and not gaskets and loosing 1 quart of oil in 1000 was acceptable on the warranty. Those cadies are nice and fast . handy

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Damn is this what old farts do? Sit around and test drive cars and decide if they should get rid of the Olds and buy a Caddie! Do something manly and buy a bigger Kubota! LOL

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
ONe nice car your olds is also. Id keep the olds also if you can. Dont know if you know this you may want to check and see where starter is. On my wifes it was under intake manifold and the engine had o rings and not gaskets and loosing 1 quart of oil in 1000 was acceptable on the warranty. Those cadies are nice and fast . handy

I'm in a quandry about the OLDS. Really like the car but may not be able to keep it in good protection out of the weather. I try to keep all my vehicles out of the sun here since ATL has VERY direct sun and it is a damage issue such that Atlanta Georgia has the highest melanoma occurance in the nation. :eek:

I used to work for Caddilac so I know this product pretty well. Yep the starter is under the intake on the Northstar engine, bummer but that is the way it is.:(

Sure wasn't thinking about that starter when the G force pinned my ears back. :D :D :D

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Yep better hold those ears guess you know all about the caddies. Northstar is a very high mileage engine but did all the work on my wifes myself some of the tools are expensive. Didnt have to do a lot alternator aggrivating to change and put plugs in it thats about it. Good luck on your decision know you will like that engine. Ours was a little older .handy

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Damn is this what old farts do? Sit around and test drive cars and decide if they should get rid of the Olds and buy a Caddie! Do something manly and buy a bigger Kubota! LOL

I would guess I'm on the younger end of the tractor community. :D
The first priority for my Kubota is to get the boats in and out of the shed. Here is my current boat size; Formula 242 LS and 242 SS.

Attachments

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Now if my boat moves from 27' to this 31' then I will have to move the Kubota from the L175 to an L225. I've been watching a couple of them since I am eyeing the 31' Formula 312 also. I would need a bigger tractor since this bad boy has twin 502 mag engines :D :D :D :D

I think this boat is kinda manly. LOL

Attachments

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Eh I've had my fill of boats. Its nothing but one big money pit. Like they say Break Out Another Thousand.

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Holy cow that's a nice looking vehicle :eek: I could give that a good home. Nice pics.

This roadster is built in Bowling Green Kentucky in the same plant that the Corvettes are. Basically the same thing since it is mostly fiberglass too but the Cadillac way. Love that supercharger. :D :D :D :D

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Eh I've had my fill of boats. Its nothing but one big money pit. Like they say Break Out Another Thousand.
LOL exactly, break out another thousand, but I've got a solution for that too...................... my pedal boat. LOL LOL LOL:D :D :D :D

I guess it's kind of obvious I like the water. :D

Attachments

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Yep better hold those ears guess you know all about the caddies. Northstar is a very high mileage engine but did all the work on my wifes myself some of the tools are expensive. Didnt have to do a lot alternator aggrivating to change and put plugs in it thats about it. Good luck on your decision know you will like that engine. Ours was a little older .handy

I had to deal with customers, while I was with Cadillac, on those early 90's cars and the oil consumption issues. Caddy had some pretty loose drawn lines on that but most of the problems with oil loss were that early design "oil manifold plate" which was sandwitched between the block and oil pan. Once that was corrected most of the oil loss was controlled too.

You have done well to get tools and work on one of these yourself. They can be a pain for some operations but sure are fun to drive. :D

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Aquaforce, really nice collection of goodies ya got!

So now we have two of the following checklist completed. You only need one more :rolleyes:

1) Fast Cars

2) Fast Boats

3) Fast Women

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Not while its raining outside Im NOT!! I'd kill myself for sure. LOL

Dude, you don't have a meter so this is the best time to find the problem.

Fire the bitch up and take your shoes and socks off. Walk around the tractor grabbing wires as you go. Bet you come up with something.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
There are two things I had enough of in this life and number one was being a tech with a GM dealership and worst again was going Service Manager. The second thing I did and regretted was buying a boat.

They say the two best days a boat owner has is the day he buys the boat and the day he sells it and I believe that to be true. It's a hole to throw your money in. That being said I do have a boat around from time to time such as last week. The difference is It was throwing money into my pocket. It's a new Department Of fisheries Petrol boat that I was doing some custom stuff on. Seeing you like pics here's a few to bore you with.