Got the l1500 running today!

jkk04

Equipment
kubota l1500, JD 410 backhoe,MF 30 tractor, IH TD14 142, BCS 715 tiller
Jan 9, 2017
PLYMOUTH CA
Jkk, thanks that is very good info! Did you have similar symptoms as me with oil light? I did research the spin on adapter but the oil filter assembly was set for certain psi relief? Or something along those lines. Been a while since I read up on it and I was worried about adjusting something that was set for a certain psi. Ill definitely go research it a bit more. The spin on filters will definitely be cheaper in the long run! Gosh just looked up in the manual. It says right here to replace it!

Thanks for your time. Much appreciated. Not sure she'd be running without everyone's help!

-Mike
Yes I had exactly same as your lower rpm oil warning light on problem.
Just replaced the whole assembly because didn't want to play with valve in old one ( not much experience with orange tractors)
Jkk

Last edited:

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Yes I had exactly same as your lower rpm oil warning light on problem.
Just replaced the whole assembly because didn't want to play with valve in old one ( not much experience with orange tractors)
Jkk

That's promising! Having trouble finding the adapter. Found this thread referencing it.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529

Is that part and gasket what you got? Kubota part number 15213-32070?

http://www.messicks.com/part/15213-32070/cover-assembly

Couldn't find it on eBay maybe searching for wrong keywords?

Thanks!

jkk04

Equipment
Jan 9, 2017
PLYMOUTH CA
That's promising! Having trouble finding the adapter. Found this thread referencing it.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529

Is that part and gasket what you got? Kubota part number 15213-32070?

http://www.messicks.com/part/15213-32070/cover-assembly

Couldn't find it on eBay maybe searching for wrong keywords?

Thanks!
Yes. the part number is correct.
try to ask the guy(ebay name ck-diesel)with following address:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/ck-diesel?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

He is selling some used kubota tractor parts and bought it from him about 7 month ago(new one is $145.95)

www.colemanequip.com/parts/KubotaParts/15213-32070/)

additionally, my replacement of filter assembly for lower rpm oil pressure warning light on problem resolved might not exactly your case. But worth to try if you found good used one.
Good luck
Jkk

Last edited:

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Yes. the part number is correct.
try to ask the guy(ebay name ck-diesel)with following address:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/ck-diesel?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

He is selling some used kubota tractor parts and bought it from him about 7 month ago(new one is $145.95)

www.colemanequip.com/parts/KubotaParts/15213-32070/)

additionally, my replacement of filter assembly for lower rpm oil pressure warning light on problem resolved might not exactly your case. But worth to try if you found good used one.
Good luck
Jkk

Thanks jkk. He's checking his inventory - not listed. I don't want to get my hopes up but the manual does say replace if low operating pressure so cautiously optimistic.

Now will try to take a look at that tach!

Thanks again!

jkk04

Equipment
Jan 9, 2017
PLYMOUTH CA

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Haha jkk. Ive probably read that entire thread three times over the last few months. Didn't realize that was you! Seems like the same stuff breaks on the tractors. Your reverse gear same as mine. Rebuilt steering etc. hopefully we have the same low oil pressure issue as well!

You had quite a cascading list of issues. Given it's mid-summer I hope my ol girl lasts until winter so I can get fields under control. I don't have a garage or shop yet to work on things so been turning wrenches in the heat and bugs, fighting off mosquitos, dirt daubers and not being able to work at night or rain.

I was surprised your gas tank didn't have a fuel shutoff on the left side?

You still have that tiller?

Thanks!

- Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkk04

Equipment
Jan 9, 2017
PLYMOUTH CA
Man this thing is loud! It's got a short stack on it. Anything I can do to quiet her a little? Haha

I was surprised your gas tank didn't have a fuel shutoff on the left side?

You still have that tiller?

Thanks!

- Mike

:D:D:D that is good to review my thread.
Again, without members help in here, I couldn't solve any problem.
So now, I can share with you what resolved on my tractor in past.

*** louding problem solved***

Bought a 2" straight Glass Pack Muffler from Ebay
welded to existing pipe. 100% reduced the noise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-straight-...ash=item2a56f6ba05:g:BCMAAOSwHoFXvaM5&vxp=mtr

the rototiller has been sold. I really don't need because having small garden and BCS 715 tiller is enough to cover.
Yes I was surprised the fuel shut off valve was not existing.

Since my tractor fixed, operating about little over 20 hours without any issues.(mainly mowing weed about 5 acres)
Jkk

Attachments

Last edited:

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Thanks jkk! Muffler looks good! It's on the list!

Been looking for a little tiller. Have a fair amount of tillage to do to get started but after that probably not so much. Maybe a few acres.

Looked at those walk behinds like the bsc but also need to mow etc. plus I really wanted a little tractor which was the biggest factor :)

Started on my tach cable problems. Mechanism is snapped just like yours They must have fixed in newer 1500s. I have older one with cartridge oil filter and now we see it does not have that plug to add oil like on bills.

I can't turn it with pliers so soaking to see if I can break it free. If I can get it to turn nice will try to see if neighbor can weld it up for me and I'll file it down.

I might have to get that oil adapter new (ouch). eBay fella can't find one!

jkk04

Equipment
Jan 9, 2017
PLYMOUTH CA
Thanks jkk! Muffler looks good! It's on the list!

Been looking for a little tiller. Have a fair amount of tillage to do to get started but after that probably not so much. Maybe a few acres.

Looked at those walk behinds like the bsc but also need to mow etc. plus I really wanted a little tractor which was the biggest factor :)

Started on my tach cable problems. Mechanism is snapped just like yours They must have fixed in newer 1500s. I have older one with cartridge oil filter and now we see it does not have that plug to add oil like on bills.

I can't turn it with pliers so soaking to see if I can break it free. If I can get it to turn nice will try to see if neighbor can weld it up for me and I'll file it down.

I might have to get that oil adapter new (ouch). eBay fella can't find one!

Hahaha:D:D
I thought the assy unit for hour meter in the picture was mine.
Yes. once it soaked well, will turn free.(same as mine)
The tip is not need to be micro fit. as long as the tip slip in to engine crank shaft (not sure)groove, it should be ok(mine works perfect even it was little thinner than groove size )

On oil filter assembly,
it will be worth to try to clean the regulating valve and put it back without any adjustment.
Some time the valve is no longer function as should be because stick.

jkk

Last edited:

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Going to try and see if this works. Jb welded the piece back together. Jb weld says 1100 psi for bond strength shear tensile I think.

Never tried jb weld but don't think a lot of shear load on this piece unless it seizes up again. If it does would rather it snap more easily anyway. I get the new fuel line tomorrow and will crank her up again hopefully with tach meter working again.

Added a little engine oil to the tach cable meter input. Hopefully that'll keep it moving nicely.

Thanks!

- Mike

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Jb weld didn't hold. Guess I'll have to find a welder. The tach drive is still catching a little bit sometimes. Not sure why yet. That probably did the jb weld in.

Replaced the returns lines like jkk has with some 3/16 rubber fuel line and spring clamps. No more leak!

Tach saga to be continued...

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Jb weld didn't hold. Guess I'll have to find a welder.
Well I got to tell you, I was holding my breath and hoping
but to be honest with you I didn't have a lot of hope for JB Weld
to hold something like that. It's good for some
things but anything that gets torque on it
not so much.
Sorry about that.

Replaced the returns lines like jkk has with some 3/16 rubber fuel line and spring clamps. No more leak!
Glad you got that leak fixed.

jkk04

Equipment
Jan 9, 2017
PLYMOUTH CA
Jb weld didn't hold. Guess I'll have to find a welder. The tach drive is still catching a little bit sometimes. Not sure why yet. That probably did the jb weld in.

Tach saga to be continued...
Good to try :p:p:p

How about buying wire feed welding machine for future.
It is not really difficult to use it as long as practicing some time.(I have old 220v a.c. dc arc welding machine that help me tons of time repairing equipments)
There is many inexpensive welder in the market like harbor freight .
Glad fixing fuel leaking
Jkk

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Good to try :p:p:p

How about buying wire feed welding machine for future.

It is not really difficult to use it as long as practicing some time.(I have old 220v a.c. dc arc welding machine that help me tons of time repairing equipments)

There is many inexpensive welder in the market like harbor freight .

Glad fixing fuel leaking

Jkk

I plan to in the future. I have grand ideas but often not enough time to implement. One day I'd like to build a little loader for it. ( grand idea )

I need to build a garage first. No 220 hookup here yet. Hence the jb weld try :)

- Mike.

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Since I have no garage yet when I need a vice to torque something I attach this little vice to front bumper.

My turn buckles were frozen up so I put them in a vice stuck a screw driver through and pulled them with a piece of iron pipe as leverage.

I got one freed. This is the result of trying to free the other one. This is after soaking for 2 days. I think I will purchase a new one. The 3ph adj side link looks pretty stuck too!

[emoji3]

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My turn buckles were frozen up so I put them in a vice stuck a screw driver through and pulled them with a piece of iron pipe as leverage.

I got one freed. This is the result of trying to free the other one. This is after soaking for 2 days. I think I will purchase a new one. The 3ph adj side link looks pretty stuck too!
You would have far better luck turning them if you loosen the lock nut first! ;)

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
You would have far better luck turning them if you loosen the lock nut first! ;)

Haha! Well at first I was loosening the end without one going in the proper direction! Not going to say I didn't try to go the other way in frustration without loosening the lock nut! Hahah. [emoji16]

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Haha! Well at first I was loosening the end without one going in the proper direction! Not going to say I didn't try to go the other way in frustration without loosening the lock nut! Hahah. [emoji16]
Been there, done that! :D

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You can just throw it in a can and soak it in PB Blaster for a while. They sell it in quart (pour) cans. Just leave it soaking for several days and it should break loose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: