early model cartridge oil filters on a L1500

royboy42

Equipment
L something or nother
Sep 8, 2009
macon ga
Is there another source for the 7030 from napa?

How hard is it to come by the piece(s) needed to swap over to a spin on filter?

I'm assuming that one would simply unbolt the four bolts slap on a gasket and the new spin on block. Is it that simply?

Thanks.

royboy42

Equipment
L something or nother
Sep 8, 2009
macon ga
What about 15213-32350 and using the internals (relief valve/plug/spring/check valve) from the one that's already on the tractor?

Of course I'd get the new o rings.

It appears after a couple of oil changes the time saved waiting on the filter and the money saved from being able to buy a screw on filter it'd pay for the upgrade.

mikeduppers

Equipment
L 1500
Jan 4, 2010
Sabillasville Maryland
I have a L 1500 (L 175?????)with 1st 2nd and reverse out. Which manuel should I get to perform this work ? I want to make sure I buy the correct book. What other Kubota models are the same ?

Wags

Equipment
L1500, front hydraulic bucket, 6' Std off set grader, carry all, paddock harrow, 5' Stick Rake
Sep 21, 2009
Clonbinane, Victoria, Australia
RoyBoy42,

Did you get an answer to your question - What about 15213-32350 and using the internals (relief valve/plug/spring/check valve) from the one that's already on the tractor?

I'm thinking about doing the same.

royboy42

Equipment
L something or nother
Sep 8, 2009
macon ga
No answer as of yet.

I just purchased the entire assembly.

With the recent passage of the health care plan here in the US i won't have to work anymore so i can afford these simple frills without any retributions.

Wags

Equipment
L1500, front hydraulic bucket, 6' Std off set grader, carry all, paddock harrow, 5' Stick Rake
Sep 21, 2009
Clonbinane, Victoria, Australia
Lucky man, I'm still paying penance!

Looks like I'll also bite the bullet and go the full assembly. Will check Oz availability before looking at a US source.

Got the L1500 running again yesterday after 7 months laid up waiting for a replacement front axle mount. Ouch $$$ but glad to have her out and about again so I can do some clean up of bush ground clutter for burning ahead of on coming winter.

Monte

Equipment
L1500DT
Nov 10, 2009
Geeveston, Tas, Australia
Hi Wags

How did you go getting the full assembly in oz? I'm south of Hobart and have emailed the part numbers to a kubota dealer. Not sure what kind of response I will get as I don't know if the L175 or L185 ever came to Aus???

PS Did you find it difficult, expensive or impossible to find the cartridge filter down here? If it's going to take a while to get this assembly I wouldn't mind getting a new cartridge to get me through.

Cheers

Monte

Monte

Equipment
L1500DT
Nov 10, 2009
Geeveston, Tas, Australia
Just an update, not that anyone still seems interested in this thread but I got the new filter head plus gasket at a cost of AUS$ 280. As Wix and NAPA filters are few and far between down in Aus and the kubota filter was $60 I reasoned that I was better off just upgrading.

Cheers

Monte