Gasoline Engine Swap - is it possible?

spamanon

Equipment
Kubota B3030
Jan 17, 2024
USA
First there is no need to yell at US.
You simply have something wrong with your tractor.
Not our fault and it's not really the tractors fault.
It's got a problem, fix it!
That is not a problematic engine or tractor.
It's one of the more stable off all the engines.

If you keep it plugged in all the time, 100 to 1 odds are the heater is fried.
They should only be plugged in in short intervals.

There is no reason it shouldn't start and run, I have quite a few Kubota diesels along with others and I could go out with it being -22 and all of them would start and run, and not a single one was plugged in.

Swapping it to Gasoline would be insane!
No one that I know makes a new 30HP gasoline tractor.
So go find and old JD, Oliver of Ford and be happy.
I have not yelled at anybody. I'm not sure why ypu think I'm blaming you?

All I want to know is if it could be switched to a gas motor. Seems like a maybe, but expensive. I may just sell it for whatever I can get for it with it not running well and use the money to buy an older gas tractor that's reliable in the cold. 😂

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes, I keep it plugged in.
Yes, I buy winter blend.
Yes, I put anti-gel in too.
Yes, the battery is new.
Yes, the glow plugs are new.
No, I don't want to hear about how your diesel "always" runs at -100 F. Good for you. Mine doesn't.
That is forum yelling! ;)

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I think a heated garage would be cheaper the swapping engines. You need to do some tests before swapping parts.

spamanon

Equipment
Kubota B3030
Jan 17, 2024
USA
I think a heated garage would be cheaper the swapping engines. You need to do some tests before swapping parts.

What would you estimate my b3030 is worth, as is, private sale? It's a 2007 with ~440 hours. Has a good cab with heat and air, and a bucket up front. In warm weather it runs flawlessly. Any ballpark would help.

Thanks!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
GEE I THOUGHT "ALL CAPS" was YELLING ????:confused:
'bold' would be to politely emphasize a point OR..:(
make it EASIER to SEE text as this light grey(gray ?) font is kinda hard to read:(

As for tractor value, see what a new 'equal' one costs, figure 75% as a 'fair market value'...then see what similar tractors are listed for. Say new is $40k, yours is worth $30K ?

I have to ask , have you blocked off 100% of the rad intake ? I block 50%+- of my BX23S and it make a HUGE difference in where the temp gauge goes ! Diesels like to run hot, not k-k-k-k-cold .

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You listed these item being done.
I keep it plugged in.
I buy winter blend.
I put anti-gel in too.
The battery is new.
The glow plugs are new.

You have something not done. Maybe it's power to the Gp's, or maybe you THINK you have winter blend, but something is not letting the engine run in your weather (wherever you are located).

But then, I see your name, and list of supposive things you've done and you want a gas engine because you can't get a diesel engine with 400 hours on it running.

It been cold and winter has folks stranded inside. I believe you're bored and listing a problem that doesn't exist. I call BS on your post, sorry!

I have a 1966 Case 730 with about 4K hours on it. I had it running for the last three days when it's colder here then your area and stating your having trouble.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
And you don't do it ?????

Because my initial statement is a statement and not a question.
Otherwise they would end in a ?
I rarely do. I did it this time emulating you. I guess you didn’t realize that.

Normally a period is used to end a sentence and or statement unless a question mark is warranted. Or unless an exclamation point/mark is warranted. I’m curious what it means when you do it?

Some might understand you are intending to convey sentences which express strong emotions such as fear, anger, shock, or excitement.

What are exclamation points how do you use them

“Exclamations
Declarative sentences are those that end in a period. Declarative sentences are used to neutrally (and calmly) make statements. For example,

• I like orange juice.
Exclamations, on the other hand, are sentences that express strong emotions such as fear, anger, shock, or excitement. Rather than a period, exclamations end with an exclamation point. For example,

• There is a ghost in the house!”

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I rarely do. I did it this time emulating you. I guess you didn’t realize that.

Normally a period is used to end a sentence and or statement unless a question mark is warranted. Or unless an exclamation point/mark is warranted. I’m curious what it means when you do it?

Some might understand you are intending to convey sentences which express strong emotions such as fear, anger, shock, or excitement.

What are exclamation points how do you use them

“Exclamations
Declarative sentences are those that end in a period. Declarative sentences are used to neutrally (and calmly) make statements. For example,

• I like orange juice.
Exclamations, on the other hand, are sentences that express strong emotions such as fear, anger, shock, or excitement. Rather than a period, exclamations end with an exclamation point. For example,

• There is a ghost in the house!”
Thanks!
You've schooled me. (y)

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
No one has asked, so I will. Why would you want to swap to a gas engine versus the diesel you already have?
The OP who is I believe the same person who posted a similar question on a Kubota Facebook group, has issues with the B3030 in cold weather running, but refused to entertain any answers from people that were suggestions on how to fix it.

spamanon

Equipment
Kubota B3030
Jan 17, 2024
USA
Update:

I just put my tractor up for sale. I found a shop that would swap a used Kubota gasoline engine for me, but as others predicted the price was more than makes sense. It's cheaper to sell the B3030 and buy a gasoline powered tractor. Hopefully, I can find a Kubota one because I like the brand other than their diesel engines.

Thanks everyone for their input!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Update:

I just put my tractor up for sale. I found a shop that would swap a used Kubota gasoline engine for me, but as others predicted the price was more than makes sense. It's cheaper to sell the B3030 and buy a gasoline powered tractor. Hopefully, I can find a Kubota one because I like the brand other than their diesel engines.

Thanks everyone for their input!
KUBOTA does not make or sell Gasoline tractors.
You'll need to look at other tractor manufactures.
Good luck to you.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
KUBOTA does not make or sell Gasoline tractors.
You'll need to look at other tractor manufactures.
Good luck to you.
Well, sort of. Steiner and Ventrac use gasoline Kubota engines in their machines, starting back in the mid 80's.
But, no Kubota tractor. I can't think of a modern tractor that isn't diesel (or electric).

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If the OP was seriously going to install a gasoline engine he could use one similar to those used in Grasshopper mowers. I think the largest is 29HP,

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Does anyone else wonder if this post is spam? After all, the OP is using a name of spamanon or “Spam An On”

Reactions: 2 users