EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Ahh… Soo… you pay compliments to the Lady you admire…. But you sleep with another, heh..??
;) :ROFLMAO::p
LOL -Touche'

I wanted a EA Wicked grapple last year when I purchased my LP unit. It had a 5 week lead time and based on the jobs I had for it, I needed one sooner and ended up buying the LP unit from my dealer.

I did not cry or post about their lead time though, I just purchased one somewhere else.

Full disclosure, I do own a EA Wicked BoxBlade (paid in full up front, waited a month for it) that replaced the frontier boxblade I had that fell apart.

I have since used the EA box for miles and it is holding up really well, so I am impressed with the quality of their product from first hand experience.

You think I am on comission? That is funny, it seems like you guys are getting paid to bad mouth EA for no reason that I can tell. Who would spend that kind of energy for free?

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
As opposed to attacking people for making truthful statements, and during those posts they never made any derogatory statements (outside of the two points) about EA, EA's products and never about EA's customers.
Ohhh pooor Elliot. Where were you attacked? Is you calling everyone that is happy with a purchase they made a bunch of fan boys an attack? I didn't see it as one. How were you attacked? The admins will get right on it.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
As opposed to attacking people for making truthful statements, and during those posts they never made any derogatory statements (outside of the two points) about EA, EA's products and never about EA's customers.
In post #36 I stated " The fact that they have my money for months doesn't bother me at all." but you seem intent on convincing me and everyone else that we should have a problem with it. It is your opinion that EAs pay up front policy isn't "customer friendly", it's not a fact.

Your second post in this thread #156, in response to an actual fact [that other manufacturers don't show their products undergoing tough testing] was ....

" This is what I am talking about - an almost rabid fan base."

That's an insult pure and simple. There's no way to put a positive spin on the word "rabid".

And for the record, I agreed with you in post #240 that EA could and should do a better job of hose routing, which is also an opinion.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
LOL -Touche'

You think I am on comission? That is funny, it seems like you guys are getting paid to bad mouth EA for no reason that I can tell. Who would spend that kind of energy for free?
This is what I just don't get. Why put so much effort into putting a company and its products down. I think the frustration comes because some members here don't like the pay up front policy and it incenses them that others are ok with the policy. They hate it and want everyone else to hate it too.

Perhaps they actually want EA implements but don't want to pay up front, and the fact that so many are ok with it drives them nuts because it means that the only way to get an EA implement new is to pay up front and clearly EA isn't going to change their policy. It's the lack of control that they rant against because ultimately they're control freaks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Ohhh pooor Elliot. Where were you attacked? Is you calling everyone that is happy with a purchase they made a bunch of fan boys an attack? I didn't see it as one. How were you attacked? The admins will get right on it.
You only embarrass yourself.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
In post #36 I stated " The fact that they have my money for months doesn't bother me at all." but you seem intent on convincing me and everyone else that we should have a problem with it. It is your opinion that EAs pay up front policy isn't "customer friendly", it's not a fact.

Your second post in this thread #156, in response to an actual fact [that other manufacturers don't show their products undergoing tough testing] was ....

" This is what I am talking about - an almost rabid fan base."

That's an insult pure and simple. There's no way to put a positive spin on the word "rabid".

And for the record, I agreed with you in post #240 that EA could and should do a better job of hose routing, which is also an opinion.
How can having to pay 100% up front and wait be described as customer friendly?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
How can having to pay 100% up front and wait be described as customer friendly?
Have you ever bought a plane ticket? I bought a $1,000 + ticket last year to Hawaii, had to pay up front for a flight that was six months away. Then I had to cancel the flight due to COVID restrictions. United told me I had to use the ticket within 12 months so a few months ago I used the cost of that ticket towards a flight to the UK later in the year and also months out.

If I don't have a problem paying in advance for something then I don't care about touchy feely "customer friendly" catch phrases. So what you call a fact I call personal opinion. All I care about is that EA continues to manufacture quality implements. They're trying to get their lead times down and ultimately would like to ship a week after an order is placed but until that happens I'll continue being the fool that I am.

I'm heading outside to install a Curt weight distribution hitch and then tow my tractor and cutter out to a friend's house to cut his 8 acre field so as much fun as this is I'll leave you to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Elliott in GA

Equipment
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Have you ever bought a plane ticket? I bought a $1,000 + ticket last year to Hawaii, had to pay up front for a flight that was six months away. Then I had to cancel the flight due to COVID restrictions. United told me I had to use the ticket within 12 months so a few months ago I used the cost of that ticket towards a flight to the UK later in the year and also months out.

If I don't have a problem paying in advance for something then I don't care about touchy feely "customer friendly" catch phrases. So what you call a fact I call personal opinion. All I care about is that EA continues to manufacture quality implements. They're trying to get their lead times down and ultimately would like to ship a week after an order is placed but until that happens I'll continue being the fool that I am.

I'm heading outside to install a Curt weight distribution hitch and then tow my tractor and cutter out to a friend's house to cut his 8 acre field so as much fun as this is I'll leave you it.
Normal course of business in other industries is irrelevant to this discussion. EA's pay 100% up front is different from the vast majority of implement manufacturers/dealers - that is why it is a topic of discussion. Whether you like it or not is a personal choice/reaction, but to argue it is necessary due to Covid or other reasons (as some have) is misplaced. EA's policy certainly puts more of a burden and risk on the customer than the industry standard of pay upon shipment or delivery - that is a fact.

Also, EA's grapple hose routing does not conform to best practices/industry standards. The fact that the grapple cut into the outer hydraulic hose sheath prior to the grapple being used is conclusive proof. There are many sites with technical data on hydraulic hose standards; I have linked 2 sites that discuss it in layman's terms. It is not an opinion; it is a fact.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Normal course of business in other industries is irrelevant to this discussion. EA's pay 100% up front is different from the vast majority of implement manufacturers/dealers - that is why it is a topic of discussion. Whether you like it or not is a personal choice/reaction, but to argue it is necessary due to Covid or other reasons (as some have) is misplaced. EA's policy certainly puts more of a burden and risk on the customer than the industry standard of pay upon shipment or delivery - that is a fact.

Also, EA's grapple hose routing does not conform to best practices/industry standards. The fact that the grapple cut into the outer hydraulic hose sheath prior to the grapple being used is conclusive proof. There are many sites with technical data on hydraulic hose standards; I have linked 2 sites that discuss it in layman's terms. It is not an opinion; it is a fact.

Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla.

Wow what a whiner.

Truly though, bravo! (pat yourself on the back), your continuation of the whining is epic. Your ability to be but hurt by-proxy is inspirational.

Still waiting to see your award winning lineup of products. Come on, show us (and EA) how its done.

What a joke.

We get it, you don't like EA geeeeeeezzz.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I wonder if the “pay up front” policy isn’t an excellent idea in order to retain customers..?

Thinking about this….. if there’s a backlog of implements….(and there clearly is a backlog at EA…which happens to be a great comment on their products)…. anyway, if there’s a backlog and the customer hasn’t paid up-front, they might abandon the purchase at the last moment and select another mfr’s product.

The counter to that would be “so what?…. that would only result in everyone else moving up in the que…as the Brits would say…. in which case the backlog would be reduced… and the pay-up-front waiting period would shorten….
…Ultimately, the effect is ….a paid-up customer is a loyal customer, ….as far as THAT implement is concerned….and if the quality and customer-service is good…then it’s a possibility for repeat-business.

They might be on to something, especially in a time-period post-Covid in which backorders are commonplace. :unsure:

I’m disappointed in all of us however, that we seem to continue attacking each other instead of offering valid viewpoints…. It doesn’t speak well of us. (I’m clipping onto the static-line and out the door on this one.)
CC559EEE-83A3-477B-A2CE-A2B10C60A280.jpeg

Last edited:

Elliott in GA

Equipment
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla.

Wow what a whiner.

Truly though, bravo! (pat yourself on the back), your continuation of the whining is epic. Your ability to be but hurt by-proxy is inspirational.

Still waiting to see your award winning lineup of products. Come on, show us (and EA) how its done.

What a joke.

We get it, you don't like EA geeeeeeezzz.
You continue to only embarrass yourself.

Quiet Horseman

Equipment
Kubota M4050DT with 1830 Loader
Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Let me remind everyone of how the second post in this thread started out.

" Anyone that pays for an item prior to being shipped, is a fool. "

What I've seen in this thread from the get go is that EA owners or perspective owners showed up to talk about their implements, discuss wait times, voice an opinion on EA's pay up front policy (both good and bad), complain about some things and openly talk about any issues encountered.

The other group posting in this thread has had an agenda from the start directly stating or implying that EA owners are fools, weekend farmers, misguided, misinformed, rabid, and clearly don't actually need the implements since they're ok to wait. As I said, putting that much effort into trying to convince someone not to buy an EA product is either about ego (most likely) or these individuals have a connection to a competitor to EA. Why else would so much effort be put into something made by a company you don't like, making products you don't own and clearly don't want to own. It's pathological and typical of the anonymous internet.

I don't think anything good has come from this thread other than the possibility that EA will look at making a change to the hose routing. There is zero evidence that the hoses will or have failed where they contact the corner of the c-channel but I modified mine to reduce the chance of a failure. The one video that the anti EA group continue to reference shows a Wicked 55 grapple with a year of use without a hose failure.
One thing I don't like anybody doing, is badmouthing. Badmouthing because you had a lousy experience is not good to do to somebody else, but I can half understand why a person would do such a thing. Bad mouthing someone else to make or increase profits I find inexcusable. I'm not saying I've never badmouthed! I have, and once I did it for profit! But I learned a painful lesson after that one experience, and have never badmouthed for profit ever again. And I do my best to try not to badmouth period!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
As far as the 'cut hoses' problem, while there haven't been any reported failures , that we know of, it's only a matter of time. We have seen the cuts, slices or knicks on a new, never used unit. How long, depends on actual 'time of use' of the grapple. It might take 100,00 full cycles before the line is cut, I don't know. Someone would have toproperly 'bench test' and see when it fails. At 10 second 'open -closed cycles, that'd be about 12 days of continuous testing. Easy to automate, $5 PIC, 2 electric solenoid valves, 3 pressure sensors, <200 lines of code.

Chinook3

Equipment
BX2380,FEL344S,LP forks,BX2816snowb50,mmm60, log arch, Wicked 55 grapple
Nov 13, 2020
Michigan
Wow!!! I did not realize how immature some of the folks are on here. Time for you to go to bed, you need a nap!

Chinook3

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I think a nap might be a good idea for some. It works for my grandkids when they are grumpy. ;)

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Hey I’m not upset but can I have a nap too🤪

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
As far as the 'cut hoses' problem, while there haven't been any reported failures , that we know of, it's only a matter of time. We have seen the cuts, slices or knicks on a new, never used unit. How long, depends on actual 'time of use' of the grapple. It might take 100,00 full cycles before the line is cut, I don't know. Someone would have toproperly 'bench test' and see when it fails. At 10 second 'open -closed cycles, that'd be about 12 days of continuous testing. Easy to automate, $5 PIC, 2 electric solenoid valves, 3 pressure sensors, <200 lines of code.
I'm more concerned about tight radii than a slice in the outer jacket which isn't structural, but I'd rather have neither. I had three hoses fail on my BX and all of them failed where the fitting was pressed onto the hose.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
hmm, old skool rule, bends should be greater than 6X the diameter of the hose...
another factor would be single or doubled braided hoses,as for the 'toughness' of the hose.
be interesting to know how much the hoses move, and how when you apply full pressure-release, the 'shock' test.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
How about the thought of all those who ordered and paid for the product never get a notice of a price increase, it's locked in!

This day in age many quotes are good for 72 hrs because of the changes in material cost. Talk to a home builder, or someone who is getting the home built. Prices going up 30-40 even 70K on a home.

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
Short term quotes are also a way to 'push' the potential buyer INTO buying a product,similar to 'sale' prices
or 'free' options offers.

Custom home next door, build price was locked in ,last fall. Builder wanted the'excess' top soil ( about 2 feet x 1 acre) .....'I'll get rid of it for you'....hmmmm