EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
hmm, 600 grapples behind, that's roughly 1.5 million they have upfront, which they can park in a GIC or other secured investment. At a lousy 1% per annum, that's $ 15,000 pure profit on top of the grappler profit. yes, I know they won't have 'grapple money' for a year but since they make other things, it's all the 'same' money at least to the bank.
I have to wonder if the '600' pay off THEIR CC every month, to wipe out the near 30% up here, interest on the $2500 grapple purchase ? Also now wondering about their suppliers ? Does EA pay 100% up front or, lke most businesses ,have 'Net30' accounts ? Then there's the known defect, the warp. How many of the '600' will return them,if EA doesn't correct the manufacturing defect NOW ? Wonder if EA will invest the 500K grapple profit in hiring competent welders or buy a robot ?
it is an interesting 'slice of the economy' to look at.
Give it up!! You sound like sour grapes. You obviously have no clue at all what most businesses particularly smaller business is going through right now since the pandemic changed everything. What worked for you in past years to make your fortune that you brag about, wouldn’t cut it now. You worked in an energy company which are some of the biggest thieves out there using every little excuse to raise prices for no reason other than to fatten their own pockets.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
no sour grapes, just an observation on one company which a lot here deal with....

re: You worked in an energy company which are some of the biggest thieves out there

No, I actually OWNED the corporation, designed,built,installed the remote energy control systems in 50-60 clients,locally. Average savings was 34%, not too shabby for 3 decades ago. It was also hackerproof,no one ever got in, unlike the current systems.
As for what small businesses are going through, I'm well aware , at least locally, all trades are going flat out, home building is solid, steel fabs(2 within walking distance) orders until early next year and the Kubota dealership has LOTS of oranage to sell, Scrapyards doing great too.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I continue not to understand this rabid defense of EA by the EA fans here. As detailed in this thread, a couple of members had some issues with their recent EA purchases. After varying amounts of back and forth with EA, EA has made the members satisfied customers. That is good; it is not great. Great would have been delivering problem free products to start.

As to EA's policy of requiring full pre-payment of all orders, EA is doing something that benefits EA. It is not a customer friendly policy, but it also not immoral or illegal. Moreover, it is a policy EA chose; it is not required by any economic, supply chain or other issues - including COVID. EA's statements regarding their prepayment policy, as related by a member, are nonsense. A company funds its purchases of materials with: the 30 day grace period from the supplier, their own capital, their own credit, monies paid in advance by their customers or some combination of these. The vast majority of companies forego the option using their customers' monies; EA does use their customers' funds. How you fund your materials purchases has nothing to do with your ordering sequence - unless your business does not have enough capital or credit. I am presuming EA is financially stable; and therefore, the pre-payment is just another area of profit/cost avoidance.

The vast majority of businesses today, large and small, charge your credit card when the item ships - as they have always done (before, during and I am sure after COVID).

If you want an apples to apples comparison of small US implement manufacturers that make their products in the US with all/mostly US content and have similar products (materials and price):

EA - ships free to within 1000 miles, customer has to pay 100% at time of order.

Homestead Implements - ships free to all of the lower 48 states plus parts of Canada, offers a 10% military discount and offers 0% financing for 3, 6 or 12 months.

Is EA a bad company with bad products? Absolutely not. I presume (I have never used or seen their products) they are a good company with good products; otherwise, they would not be doing as well as they are.

However, potential customers should look at all their options, and then they can make an informed choice.

Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I really do hate to add to this thread but. . . Last year when I placed my 1st order with EA I started a thread (here or at TBN) questioning the '100% pay up front' policy. After reading the responses and reviews of their products I was ok with it. Since that original box blade order I have ordered and received from them a back blade, subsoiler, pallet forks and a rotary tiller. I expect my Wicked 55 grapple in a couple of weeks. I and other customers of theirs have voted with their wallets.

I'm no shill for them or any other company but by now every possible point of view has been expressed.

I've been in the wholesale distribution business for over 50 years. Does that make me an expert? No, only someone with a lot of experience. I don't need lessons on PIL (projected inventory level), OP (order point), EOQ (economic order quantity), MD (monthly demand), MH (monthly hits), LT (lead time) or SD (safety days). I am the last person here that would tell someone else how to run their company without being asked for my opinion.

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I continue not to understand this rabid defense of EA by the EA fans here. As detailed in this thread, a couple of members had some issues with their recent EA purchases. After varying amounts of back and forth with EA, EA has made the members satisfied customers. That is good; it is not great. Great would have been delivering problem free products to start.
And I continue not to understand the attacks from members here that don't want to buy an EA product. How many times can you say that you don't like their pre-payment policy? Say it once, then move on since nothing you say is going to change EA's policy, and it's unlikely that you'll dissuade many members here from ordering from EA if they want to.

For the record, the bent lid is the only new issue that I've seen here and EA is resolving it. The hose routing isn't a new issue, it's a design issue but my grapple was delivered to me as designed and intended. I was able to correct it to my liking and hopefully EA incorporates a change to improve the perception of the product even if no hose has ever failed due to the design.

I had to replace three hoses on my BX25D, one on the loader and two on the backhoe despite being kept in a barn and not being abused or excessively used.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I really do hate to add to this thread but. . .
@ctfjr, it's good that you added to this thread because you highlight the point that those of us who actually own and use EA implements know that they're worth the cost and the wait and that's why we keep coming back to them.

@Elliott in GA has been pushing Homestead Implements but just do some research and decide if they know anything about tractors and implements and if their products are built well. Also, there's no such thing as "free shipping". Someone is paying for it since FedEx and similar aren't lugging 1,000 lb implements all over the country just because they're nice folks. I don't expect to have my next order of an EA land plane shipped to MT for free, and $260 is very reasonable as far as I'm concerned.

One of the reasons why I told Travis that he didn't need to ship hoses to me is that they cost money, I don't need them, that cost goes somewhere, and it's scumbags who are always trying to work the system.

Clearing Pond Dam - BENT HOMESTEAD GRAPPLE FIRST PROJECT **Update in comments** - YouTube

Homestead Grapple **UPDATE-I BENT IT ON THE FIRST PROJECT** - YouTube

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
hmm.. if Murphy has his way...... you'll NEED the hoses 10 minutes after you start a long weekend of necessary grappling......:cry:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I really do hate to add to this thread but. . . Last year when I placed my 1st order with EA I started a thread (here or at TBN) questioning the '100% pay up front' policy. After reading the responses and reviews of their products I was ok with it. Since that original box blade order I have ordered and received from them a back blade, subsoiler, pallet forks and a rotary tiller. I expect my Wicked 55 grapple in a couple of weeks. I and other customers of theirs have voted with their wallets.

I'm no shill for them or any other company but by now every possible point of view has been expressed.

I've been in the wholesale distribution business for over 50 years. Does that make me an expert? No, only someone with a lot of experience. I don't need lessons on PIL (projected inventory level), OP (order point), EOQ (economic order quantity), MD (monthly demand), MH (monthly hits), LT (lead time) or SD (safety days). I am the last person here that would tell someone else how to run their company without being asked for my opinion.
And surely you would agree that customers and well as potential customers have the right to publicly express their opinions in a public discussion forum regarding the business-practices of sellers who target the participants….? In-fact, any forum participant is NOT participating in a discussion forum unless they DO express their thoughts on such things…. ?

We all now have a better understanding of the business practices of EA and Homestead…and are better informed as to who/where to make our purchases. 🎯

I tried to do business with EA a couple years ago but they would not give any credit toward the shipping fees built-into their pricing-structure (since I live outside their 1,000 mile “free” shipping policy.). They also were unwilling to make a minor custom alteration to their product to meet a special need I had.
So I contacted Hayspear dot com (Washburn company, US maker) who did meet my request and did it in a much more timely fashion to boot.

That’s what I experienced.

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I tried to do business with EA a couple years ago but they would not give any credit toward the shipping fees built-into their pricing-structure (since I live outside their 1,000 mile “free” shipping policy.). They also were unwilling to make a minor custom alteration to their product to meet a special need I had........

Well that was refreshingly honest. I guess that would explain your hatred.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Well that was refreshingly honest. I guess that would explain your hatred.
I don’t ”hate” them. They just didn’t try to meet my needs as well as Washburn did and their money policy doesn’t serve my interests.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
We all now have a better understanding of the business practices of EA and Homestead…and are better informed as to who/where to make our purchases. 🎯
The only thing I've learned in 16 pages is that EA stands behind their products. I knew about the up front charges when I placed my first, second and third orders. I knew about the extended delivery times and I'll know about these things when I order the land plane on Monday.

Oh yeah, I've learned that Homestead grapples don't hold up to hard use, and they offer financing through Affirm, and they use cheap cotter pins to hold the cylinders in place, and they pay some "influencer" on YouTube to help sell their stuff. I have to laugh at the obvious attempt to copy the look of EA's Wicked grapple.

I'll stick with EA that has a three point lid on the 60" grapple, holes in the right places, and is designed and tested by guys that actually use tractors. Just watch EA videos to see the kind of testing these guys put their implements through. You won't find videos like this from Homestead. Seriously, anyone looking for a grapple needs to watch this video.

Wickeder 55" Grapple test - YouTube

Last edited:

Jasper2018

Equipment
Kubota L3130. LA723 FEL, L3901 HST, LA525, bush hog rotary cutter,
May 25, 2021
Florida
Just ordered a 55" wicked grapple, adapter to quick attach, loader and bucket.
Grapple 14 weeks out, adapters 8 weeks out. Enough time to get adapters done before grapple arrives.
Don't mind the wait.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Grapple 14 weeks out, adapters 8 weeks out. Enough time to get adapters done before grapple arrives.
Don't mind the wait.
Congratulations on your grapple!! I just placed an order for an EA XTreme Tractor Land Leveler V2.0 - Land Plane With Scarifier Shanks. Here's the latest order and delivery timeline. Probably looking at 14 to 16 weeks too but I could really use this implement sooner rather than later but maybe there'll be snow on the ground by the time it shows up. I have an EA box blade that works really well and a LP rear blade so I'm able to work on the driveway while I wait for the land plane.

ORDERED 2/24 - EA 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple ETA-60-WRRG > $2,860 shipped to NW MT (DELIVERED 7/1)
ORDERED 3/3 - EA 84" Category I/II Severe XTreme Duty Box blade V2.0 ETA-CATI-II-XDBBV2-84 > $2,101 shipped to NW MT (DELIVERED 5/5)
ORDERED 5/12 - EA 72" Wicked Tooth Bar ETA-WTB-72 > $522.75 shipped to NW MT
ORDERED 7/9 - EA 84" XTreme Tractor Land Leveler With Scarifier Shanks V2.0 ETA-LAND-LEVELER-WS-84-V2 > $2,762.790 shipped to NW MT

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Don't mind the wait.
I once heard it said that "good things come to those that wait". And my mothers favorite "patience is a virtue".

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I don’t ”hate” them. They just didn’t try to meet my needs as well as Washburn did and their money policy doesn’t serve my interests.
What you write must sound a lot different in your head.

• Dislike

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
re: Oh yeah, I've learned that Homestead grapples don't hold up to hard use, and they offer financing through Affirm,

we've also seen here that EA sells and ships defective grapples, those 'prebent' ones several have said...
no need for financing options, as you pay 100% up front on your credit card......

BTW , no one has replied about whether they pay off the EA portion of their CC every month, to NOT get hammered with the CC interest rates of what 15,20,25% ? Up here 29% is 'common'...

As for the 'free' shipping, that's built into the product price, almost everyone does that. NOT helping a client who'se 1001 miles or more on shipping cost isn't good business. If EA's volume is as good as reported, they get a huge discount on shipping.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
@ctfjr, it's good that you added to this thread because you highlight the point that those of us who actually own and use EA implements know that they're worth the cost and the wait and that's why we keep coming back to them.

@Elliott in GA has been pushing Homestead Implements but just do some research and decide if they know anything about tractors and implements and if their products are built well. Also, there's no such thing as "free shipping". Someone is paying for it since FedEx and similar aren't lugging 1,000 lb implements all over the country just because they're nice folks. I don't expect to have my next order of an EA land plane shipped to MT for free, and $260 is very reasonable as far as I'm concerned.

One of the reasons why I told Travis that he didn't need to ship hoses to me is that they cost money, I don't need them, that cost goes somewhere, and it's scumbags who are always trying to work the system.

Clearing Pond Dam - BENT HOMESTEAD GRAPPLE FIRST PROJECT **Update in comments** - YouTube

Homestead Grapple **UPDATE-I BENT IT ON THE FIRST PROJECT** - YouTube
In a vain attempt to interject some humor (albeit pointed) into an increasingly shrill thread, I would say:

Let me get this straight. You were disappointed and angry about your grapple when it arrived; you even used expletives in your post. You expended what sounds like a significant amount of time addressing the grapple's shortcomings. You contacted EA, and eventually spoke to the owner. EA ends up doing absolutely nothing for you; you declined the replacement hoses. Now, EA is great - again.

As a friend of mine would often say, stop me when I am lying. :LOL: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

As I posted before, good luck with your new, cool grapple.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
What you write must sound a lot different in your head.
What I think and what you interpret are not the same thing. YOU are who posted the “hate” word.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
In a vain attempt to interject some humor (albeit pointed) into an increasingly shrill thread, I would say:

Let me get this straight. You were disappointed and angry about your grapple when it arrived; you even used expletives in your post. You expended what sounds like a significant amount of time addressing the grapple's shortcomings. You contacted EA, and eventually spoke to the owner. EA ends up doing absolutely nothing for you; you declined the replacement hoses. Now, EA is great - again.

As a friend of mine would often say, stop me when I am lying. :LOL: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

As I posted before, good luck with your new, cool grapple.
Yep, I was pissed off initially when I saw that the hose was cut. I wear my heart on my sleeve and make no apologies for that. I used the word "bullshit" once ... hardly an expletive. I spent no more than an hour addressing the issue and EA offered to send me new hoses which in itself was enough and I declined the offer. Yes, EA is great again and I ordered another implement and will pay off my credit card each month as I always do.

I will enjoy my grapple and you can keep pushing crap made my morons who wouldn't know a tractor implement if it fell on them. Yeah, let's make a post hole digger with no guards over the input or output shafts. What a bunch of clueless morons. Did you watch the videos where the Homestead grapples folded like the crap they are? Did you watch the video of the Wicked 55 being abused? Clearly not.

Post links to videos of Homestead implements being abused rather than just fingered by YouTube bought and paid for morons.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
BTW , no one has replied about whether they pay off the EA portion of their CC every month, to NOT get hammered with the CC interest rates of what 15,20,25% ? Up here 29% is 'common'...
I just pay the interest each month ... how about you? Heck, I have a $100K HELOC account with my local credit union and only pay the interest on that too. I'll probably file for Chapter 7 once I've accumulated enough debt. Seems like a good plan.

• Haha