EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
While we have throttled the heck out of this decidedly dead horse........just wanted to add a side note:

I ordered a tooth bar from BX on 5/11 and today's update was that it is being welded now and will be finished in ~2weeks....so figure mid-August to my door is what I am thinking. So 3 months......13weeks.... All $ up front as well.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
you'll be very happy with ANY toothbar on a bucket..... 2 years ago I made my own, free steel, free afternoon. I do have to sharpen it every 3-4 months ,it's quicker than greasing the BX23S !

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
…..I can’t imagine how…once production on a toothbar has begun….why it would take more than a day or two at most to make it….. The only thing that comes to mind is if they want to heat-treat a whole batch of them together.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
it is baffling....as for heat treating( if needed) ,takes less than a minute per blade, if 'electroheattreated'.
If manufacturing is setup properly, toothbars could be made in less than 15 minutes

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
I can’t imagine how…once production on a toothbar has begun….why it would take more than a day or two at most to make it….. The only thing that comes to mind is if they want to heat-treat a whole batch of them together.
I would imagine it is a batch process. No idea. Not my company. I doubt it is a bespoke 1:1 custom process.

It is what it is.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Another update for anyone waiting on a Wicked Tooth Bar. Mine shipped today and is scheduled for delivery on 7/21 so that will be about 9 weeks from order to delivery. Time to start cutting in the new driveway!

ORDERED 2/24 - EA 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple ETA-60-WRRG > $2,860 shipped to NW MT (DELIVERED 7/1)
ORDERED 3/3 - EA 84" Category I/II Severe XTreme Duty Box blade V2.0 ETA-CATI-II-XDBBV2-84 > $2,101 shipped to NW MT (DELIVERED 5/5)
ORDERED 5/12 - EA 72" Wicked Tooth Bar ETA-WTB-72 > $522.75 shipped to NW MT (DELIVERED 7/21)
ORDERED 7/9 - EA 84" XTreme Tractor Land Leveler With Scarifier Shanks V2.0 ETA-LAND-LEVELER-WS-84-V2 > $2,762.790 shipped to NW MT

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I can’t imagine how…once production on a toothbar has begun….why it would take more than a day or two at most to make it….. The only thing that comes to mind is if they want to heat-treat a whole batch of them together.
Hardox 450 isn't intended to be heat treated. These tooth bars are cut with a laser and then are finished in a Haas mill. Since they're custom in terms of overall length, edge thickness, number of holes, diameter of holes, distance between holes, center of hole to outside edge, center of holes to leading edge and inside width of the bucket, it stands to reason that each tooth bar is a custom addition to the cutting program. They're making tooth bars for numerous models and manufacturers.

Add in the time and effort to load a sheet into the laser cutter, along with all the other patterns that they need to cut for other products, they probably wait until they have enough sheets to run before they do it. Then the bar has to be cleaned up, brackets welded on, cleaned again and painted. Is 9 weeks a big deal for me ... heck no.

Yet again I'm shaking my head at the same three or four members who time and time again want to bring EA down complaining about every possible aspect of the company that is employing American workers. None of this affects you in any way since you don't own their products, haven't placed any orders, aren't waiting on any orders, and don't intend to buy from EA. You really are the most bitter, miserable, "know-it-all" individuals I've ever encountered on a forum. EA has been around a long time and have proven to be a successful company making good products that are in demand. Rather than congratulate them on that you all seem intent on convincing everyone else that you could do it all so much better. Yep, ego is a bitch!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Another update for anyone waiting on a Wicked Tooth Bar. Mine shipped today and is scheduled for delivery on 7/21 so that will be about 9 weeks from order to delivery. Time to start cutting in the new driveway!

ORDERED 2/24 - EA 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple ETA-60-WRRG > $2,860 shipped to NW MT (DELIVERED 7/1)
ORDERED 3/3 - EA 84" Category I/II Severe XTreme Duty Box blade V2.0 ETA-CATI-II-XDBBV2-84 > $2,101 shipped to NW MT (DELIVERED 5/5)
ORDERED 5/12 - EA 72" Wicked Tooth Bar ETA-WTB-72 > $522.75 shipped to NW MT (DELIVERED 7/21)
ORDERED 7/9 - EA 84" XTreme Tractor Land Leveler With Scarifier Shanks V2.0 ETA-LAND-LEVELER-WS-84-V2 > $2,762.790 shipped to NW MT
I ordered on 5/24. Tooth bar and grapple. Hopefully I’ll get a shipping email for the tooth bar next week.

Reactions: 1 users

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Hardox 450 isn't intended to be heat treated. These tooth bars are cut with a laser and since they're custom in terms of overall length, edge thickness, number of holes, diameter of holes, distance between holes, center of hole to outside edge, center of holes to leading edge and inside width of the bucket, it stands to reason that each tooth bar is a custom addition to the cutting program. They're making tooth bars for numerous models and manufacturers.

Add in the time and effort to load a sheet into the laser cutter, along with all the other patterns that they need to cut for other products, they probably wait until they have enough sheets to run before they do it. Then the bar has to be cleaned up, brackets welded on, cleaned again and painted. Is 9 weeks a big deal for me ... heck no.

Yet again I'm shaking my head at the same three or four members who time and time again want to bring EA down complaining about every possible aspect of the company that is employing American workers. None of this affects you in any way since you don't own their products, haven't placed any orders, aren't waiting on any orders, and don't intend to buy from EA. You really are the most bitter, miserable, "know-it-all" individuals I've ever encountered on a forum. EA has been around a long time and have proven to be a successful company making good products that are in demand. Rather than congratulate them on that you all seem intent on convincing everyone else that you could do it all so much better. Yep, ego is a bitch!
Glad to see you got your sense of humor back. :LOL:

WDF

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST/FEL
Jan 4, 2021
Central Florida
EA appears to be a standup business with excellent products and I might be a customer in the future. That doesn't mean that one cannot offer constructive criticism or "opinions", however right/wrong, relevant/irrelevant informed/uninformed they may be.

Last edited:

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
They could do a lot of things, but they found a system that works for them. As others have said many times on this thread, if you don’t like it, you don’t have to buy from them.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
They could do a lot of things, but they found a system that works for them. As others have said many times on this thread, if you don’t like it, you don’t have to buy from them.
Exactly! And when you've voiced the opinion that you don't like the pay up front policy why keep saying it over and over and over? And then because others are ok with the policy, which clearly upsets some folks in this thread, some are putting a lot of effort into insulting EA customers and trying to find fault in EA's products or their delivery times.

I don't think I've tried to influence anyone to buy EA products. If I have I apologize for that. I've reported the facts about my purchases as best I could without trying to convince others that EA is the best option for everyone. Clearly it isn't but it's a good option for me. I was very clear with my reaction to the hose routing and with a little work I got it to my liking. I do sincerely hope that EA makes a change since their grapple should have hose routing commensurate with the quality of the rest of the product.

That's all I'm going to contribute to this thread moving forward until such time I hear that the land plane has shipped and I'll provide an update then. Anyone thinking of placing an order can look at post #366 to get some idea of how long it might take from time of order to delivery.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
…..

Last edited:
  • Haha

Cosmicsheepman

Equipment
Kubota BX2370
Jul 19, 2021
Southern High Plains
I would not say that EA is reputable. I purchased their post hole digger after they told me it would go 3 feet with the 9" auger. After confirming that it would only do 28" I called them and the guy was rude and finally admitted it would only go 31" which is not 36".

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I would not say that EA is reputable. I purchased their post hole digger after they told me it would go 3 feet with the 9" auger. After confirming that it would only do 28" I called them and the guy was rude and finally admitted it would only go 31" which is not 36".
Do you have a second set of holes in your lower 3 point hitch?

If you do (as many models do) you could try using the holes closest to the tractor. That should give you a few more inches of lift and drop.

lift link.JPG

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The Wicked tooth bar was delivered this afternoon and I didn't waste any time getting it installed. If you want the short version I will say that the bar is absolutely worth the cost and worth that wait.

The first thing that really impressed me was the size of the mounting hardware. I provided the hole locations and hole size and EA did a fantastic job of putting all eleven holes where they needed to be and they provided 5/8" carriage bolts, lock washers and nuts. There is no room for error given the near perfect fit of the bolts to the holes in the bucket. Also, they were spot on with the overall length of the bar.

I spent about 10 minutes digging up some dirt where the new driveway is going to go and the tooth bar did just fine. Here's a before and after shot with more detailed photos in the next post.

tooth_bar_4.jpg

tooth_bar_9.jpg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
So here are some better photos that might give some idea as to the quality of the tooth bar. I torqued the nuts to 120 ft-lb after applying anti-seize to the threads. You can see how good the bolt/hole fit is and this leaves no room for error in hole placement but EA did a great job.

EA bolt on the left, Kubota bolt on the right

tooth_bar_03.jpg

EA bolt

tooth_bar_7.jpg

Kubota bolt

tooth_bar_8.jpg

tooth_bar_6.jpg

tooth_bar_10.jpg

tooth_bar_11.jpg

tooth_bar_12.jpg

tooth_bar_14.jpg

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
That looks really good. Yeah, there was no margin for error on those holes. You'll enjoy the tooth bar. I like my Piranha tooth bar. I would have gone with EA if they had a tooth bar at the time.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That looks really good. Yeah, there was no margin for error on those holes. You'll enjoy the tooth bar. I like my Piranha tooth bar. I would have gone with EA if they had a tooth bar at the time.
The Piranha bar is good based on the reviews I've read.

I removed a lot of dirt and rocks with the Kubota bolt on cutting edge and it held up well. It'll be interesting to see how much better the EA bar is at cutting. It did well on the driveway project but I only tested it out for 10 minutes before getting on with some mowing.

The new MX6000 cab model that's coming in won't have a bolt on cutting edge (saved a few pennies) so I'll move the Kubota bolt on edge to the new bucket.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Digging that! I went the regular mounting route. Figured I'd mess the bolt on measurements up some how.

Now if it would only ship!