EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

Cosmicsheepman

Equipment
Kubota BX2370
Jul 19, 2021
Southern High Plains
Do you have a second set of holes in your lower 3 point hitch?

If you do (as many models do) you could try using the holes closest to the tractor. That should give you a few more inches of lift and drop.

View attachment 63294
No the TPH is not set up that way on my BX2370. However I did find out no thanks to the ETAs that with the 12" auger I can go over 36" which I couldn't with the 9" I have to be careful not to kill my tractor however if I do I can rock it out. My point is why didn't ETAs know that and be honest and up front?

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
Geo you make a good point. I guess it’s the direct attacks that bother me. I like to learn from the experiences from others, good and bad. I read a ton of reviews when I am looking to buy something on Amazon. If someone had a bad experience I take that into consideration but I look more for trends. I guess my original point was that some seem fanatical in their defense of EA. Loyalty is a great thing. I love my Ford trucks but I have friends that are BIG Dodge fans. We raz each other and move on. In the end buy or don’t buy a Ford, EA, LP, or Kubota for that matter. There is another thread going on about Kioti vs Kubota. Kioti May make a great tractor. Don’t know. Not a dealer around me and my friends have Kubotas. Yes the same guy with the Dodge so there’s that lol. I have driven the Kubota and loved it so I bought one. If one of them went out and bought a Kiota I would raz them same as their Dodge truck but in the end it’s their money and they can buy what they want. Just wish things were a little more civil in this thread. JMHO
I miss the days when you could “RAZZ“ people and friends without people getting so butt hurt.
People need broader shoulders.

Reactions: 1 user

Newaterman

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, Z422-54KW
Feb 14, 2021
Vermont
I miss the days when you could “RAZZ“ people and friends without people getting so butt hurt.
As an older millennial this is honestly something I see a lot online with people older than myself. While I straddled the 24/7 internet access revolution, and people younger than me grew up online, the often ritual and nuance of purely written online communication can not be expressed or received at times by people who didn’t grow up like this. Emoji’s, the generational changes in the use of written word, it’s often there to see for someone who grew up on AOL instant messenger.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
You still can…just have to do it in person! Social media is still communication by bits and bytes…hard to convey the body language.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
As an older millennial this is honestly something I see a lot online with people older than myself. While I straddled the 24/7 internet access revolution, and people younger than me grew up online, the often ritual and nuance of purely written online communication can not be expressed or received at times by people who didn’t grow up like this. Emoji’s, the generational changes in the use of written word, it’s often there to see for someone who grew up on AOL instant messenger.
Newwaterman…you don’t have to yell aol. (lol)

• Haha

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
Just FYI EA is quoting me the late September "at best" for my 55" grapple. I ordered mine on 5/4/2021. Right now I am #436 out of 700 in line.
Ordered my Wicked-55 Grapple on March 05, 2021 and I am now #25 on the list.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I ordered a LP grading scraper months ago but there was absolutely no timeline for when I might actually see it, no updates, nothing. Since I've ordered and received an EA grapple, box blade and tooth bar this year, all ordered between 2/24 and 5/12, I'm confident that the EA land leveler I ordered on 7/9 will be here before my local dealer asks me if I still want the LP grading scraper.

Time is going to pass regardless of whether we've placed orders or not. In a few months I'll have another implement while others are still wondering if they should place an order. It's going to be a while before we can call up a manufacturer or drive up to a dealer and expect next day shipping or take home that day.

There's no DOM tubing in box blades and land levelers so they're shipping sooner than grapples.

Last edited:

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
I ordered a LP grading scraper months ago but there was absolutely no timeline for when I might actually see it, no updates, nothing. Since I've ordered and received an EA grapple, box blade and tooth bar this year, all ordered between 2/24 and 5/12, I'm confident that the EA land leveler I ordered on 7/9 will be here before my local dealer asks me if I still want the LP grading scraper.

Time is going to pass regardless of whether we've placed orders or not. In a few months I'll have another implement while others are still wondering if they should place an order. It's going to be a while before we can call up a manufacturer or drive up to a dealer and expect next day shipping or take home that day.

There's no DOM tubing in box blades and land levelers so they're shipping sooner than grapples.
I knew I was in for a wait when I ordered. I would rather they promise a longer date and deliever earlier. Doesn't look like they'll make the 12 weeks they promised.

I watched a YouTube video of a new grapple design without the DOM. Maybe that's part of it also.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
And yet…. some folks bitch about paying taxes a year in advance and must file reports to get it refunded…. yet they’re so thrilled to do business with that outfit….:rolleyes:

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi

I agree that there is a shortage everywhere. To the point of this thread LP hasn’t asked you to pay while you wait. I have a grapple coming from LP. I haven’t spent any money, not even a down payment on it. I personally don’t like the pay 100% up front and have these very long wait times. If you have ordered the EA and the LP comes in before, you are now stuck, which is why I think EA does it. Not that they are short on funds. It locks you in. Do I think EA makes a quality product? Oh heck yeah. Some of there stuff is over priced in my view. I am looking at getting a stump bucket. Titan has their extreme buck at $800. Seems to be the same weight and materials as EA. EA’s price $2000! probably a great stump bucket but I will bet not for 2.5x the price. I may at some point buy something from them but if I have choice for a comparable product without paying all upfront I probably will. If someone feels different for themselves I have no issues with that. We all have the freedom to patronize whatever company we want. I am very confident that when the EA product shows up most everyone will be very happy with the product. I have used the LP grapple on my buddies tractor and loved it. I am sure I will love mine when it arrives. Freedom is an awesome thing.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I agree that there is a shortage everywhere. To the point of this thread LP hasn’t asked you to pay while you wait. I have a grapple coming from LP. I haven’t spent any money, not even a down payment on it. I personally don’t like the pay 100% up front and have these very long wait times. If you have ordered the EA and the LP comes in before, you are now stuck, which is why I think EA does it. Not that they are short on funds. It locks you in. Do I think EA makes a quality product? Oh heck yeah. Some of there stuff is over priced in my view. I am looking at getting a stump bucket. Titan has their extreme buck at $800. Seems to be the same weight and materials as EA. EA’s price $2000! probably a great stump bucket but I will bet not for 2.5x the price. I may at some point buy something from them but if I have choice for a comparable product without paying all upfront I probably will. If someone feels different for themselves I have no issues with that. We all have the freedom to patronize whatever company we want. I am very confident that when the EA product shows up most everyone will be very happy with the product. I have used the LP grapple on my buddies tractor and loved it. I am sure I will love mine when it arrives. Freedom is an awesome thing.
It's refreshing to see a well thought out and reasonable post in this thread. I absolutely understand that the pay up front policy is unattractive or even unacceptable to some people. For me it's not a deal breaker whether I pay up front or not. This thread started out with the "pay up front" policy at the forefront, but it morphed into a fault finding campaign for those who weren't happy with the policy as a way to reinforce their decision not to buy an EA implement, and to pat themselves on the back for not paying in advance.

The overall quality and performance of the product is very important to me, and having owned lots of Land Pride implements over the past five years, including a grapple, I'm choosing EA where I think it's appropriate and LP where it's not. I like LP products and have a lot of money tied up in their implements with no regrets and I feel the same way about EA.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
And yet…. some folks bitch about paying taxes a year in advance and must file reports to get it refunded…. yet they’re so thrilled to do business with that outfit….:rolleyes:
It makes me sad, but every time I pay my taxes, they never send me a grapple two or three months later. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Just got shipping email from Trace. Tooth bar should be here Thursday.

Grapple is still looking like October.