EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I pay my CCs off every month,autoatically , so I do not pay ANY interest charges. Have for decades. Currently they avg about 21%,so if not paid , a $100 CC balance would cost $21 in a year, a $1000, an extra $120...

I was curious as it can add a significant additional cost to an item and wondered IF anyone factored it into the price of the product.

Up here CC statements have to have a box that show 'if you only pay the minimum on what you owe, it'll take xxx years,yyy months to pay off'. IE for a $500 balance, 20%, it'd take 9 YEARS and 3 months !!!

I know one guy who says his goal now, it to get 1 million in debt just before he dies. Shouldn't be too hard with $12 2by4s and $100 sheets of plywood !!

Reactions: 1 users

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Yep, I was pissed off initially when I saw that the hose was cut. I wear my heart on my sleeve and make no apologies for that. I used the word "bullshit" once ... hardly an expletive. I spent no more than an hour addressing the issue and EA offered to send me new hoses which in itself was enough and I declined the offer. Yes, EA is great again and I ordered another implement and will pay off my credit card each month as I always do.

I will enjoy my grapple and you can keep pushing crap made my morons who wouldn't know a tractor implement if it fell on them. Yeah, let's make a post hole digger with no guards over the input or output shafts. What a bunch of clueless morons. Did you watch the videos where the Homestead grapples folded like the crap they are? Did you watch the video of the Wicked 55 being abused? Clearly not.

Post links to videos of Homestead implements being abused rather than just fingered by YouTube bought and paid for morons.
No sense of humor - EA fan boys so often seem angry.

If it had been me, I at least would be able to acknowledge the humor of my situation - unhappy with vendor, vendor does nothing, happy with vendor.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
No sense of humor - EA fan boys so often seem angry.

If it had been me, I at least would be able to acknowledge the humor of my situation - unhappy with vendor, vendor does nothing, happy with vendor.
The vendor offered to make it right. Did you miss that post?

Elliott in GA

Equipment
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
The vendor did not offer to make it right.

The vendor offered to send replacement hoses, which were declined. The purchaser had to modify the hose routings and add extra protection to the hoses - no offer to or actual help from the vendor - no partial refund - not even an offer of some EA swag. EA offering to send replacement hoses for the damaged hoses but not addressing the cause of the damage is not making it right. If the purchaser had accepted and installed the replacement hose, the new hoses would soon be in exactly the same condition as the original hoses. Yes?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The vendor did not offer to make it right.

The vendor offered to send replacement hoses, which were declined. The purchaser had to modify the hose routings and add extra protection to the hoses - no offer to or actual help from the vendor - no partial refund - not even an offer of some EA swag. EA offering to send replacement hoses for the damaged hoses but not addressing the cause of the damage is not making it right. If the purchaser had accepted and installed the replacement hose, the new hoses would soon be in exactly the same condition as the original hoses. Yes?
Waaaaaaaaaa. Wow you guys are something. The hose was damaged, and they offered to make it right. Keep spinning.

BTW My brand new LP grapple was no different and needed protection, I never got an email back from LP. The weld on the main pivot cracked a month later and needed to be fixed. LP said the damage was from use (no replacement, no repair) - ROFLMAO of coarse it was. It turns out this was a known problem on the model I purchased but it wasn't covered.

I think you guys that are so but hurt over EA buying policy should stop crying about it and start making grapples and the hundreds of other things they make. Make the best product. Ship the same day for free worldwide. Provide a 50% discount to anyone that feels entitled to it. Provide interest free purchasing for as long as the customer wants. It sounds like sales in the segment are really strong, so you should make a killing.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Sleddog must be getting a commission. … what’s the percentage, dog..?? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Elliott in GA

Equipment
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Waaaaaaaaaa. Wow you guys are something. The hose was damaged, and they offered to make it right. Keep spinning.

BTW My brand new LP grapple was no different and needed protection, I never got an email back from LP. The weld on the main pivot cracked a month later and needed to be fixed. LP said the damage was from use (no replacement, no repair) - ROFLMAO of coarse it was. It turns out this was a known problem on the model I purchased but it wasn't covered.

I think you guys that are so but hurt over EA buying policy should stop crying about it and start making grapples and the hundreds of other things they make. Make the best product. Ship the same day for free worldwide. Provide a 50% discount to anyone that feels entitled to it. Provide interest free purchasing for as long as the customer wants. It sounds like sales in the segment are really strong, so you should make a killing.
Your response is not grounded in reality. If the hose was damaged in transit or bad from the factory, you would have a point. However, the hose was damaged by the design of the grapple, and the grapple would damage any future hose - a new hose solves nothing.

Whatever problems you may have had with Land Pride are irrelevant - just smoke to avoid the reality of EA's design and response.

Again, I do not understand this type of fanatical defense of EA by their fan boys. EA's design has a problem. In one post, EA's owner said that he told them to fix it many times (paraphrased). Seems that even the owner of EA agrees it is a problem - how is that for No Spin

Post #286

Travis emailed me this morning and this is what he said.

"Yeah, even though it [hose on sharp corners] has never been an issue, I’ve asked the guys to change it numerous times, so we don’t have to see it ever again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Don’t have a dog in this fight and will probably be buying a landscape rake from EA because it looks like the best one on the market for the price. Not a fan of pay up front and wait three months but I will know that going in. Having said all that it sure seems like there is a cult like following for EA. If you like their stuff great. If you don’t fine. Why is it people are getting so but hurt on what SOMEONE ELSE is buying.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I don’t think that’s the case Goz… no one is hurt by anyone else’s choices for themselves…. But a discussion forum is for “discussion” and sharing of experiences and opinions….so that we can each benefit from the experiences of others.
A discussion of the merits and de-merits of different makes/models is pertinent,… as least I thought so…
The real problems arise when someone can no longer support their argument with facts or logic and instead turns to direct attacks on other participants, demeaning their personal character. Ad hominem attack reveal only the true character of the one first issuing the insults.

Sorry if I did any of that.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
He misses a lot of posts and he still can't find a video showing any Homestead product being tested the way EA tests their products.

It amazes me that three members here put so much effort into bad-mouthing EA products and the company in general despite never having owned EA products, having never placed an order with EA and having no intention to order anything from EA. I would never put that much effort into something I don't want to buy. Truly sad and pathetic.

Interesting too that when they're asked to provide examples of superior products that they keep touting, or provide videos showing tough tests they miss those posts too. 😂

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Again, I do not understand this type of fanatical defense of EA by their fan boys.
Why do you care? You don't want to buy EA products, don't like EA's payment policy and don't like the wait times. How does any of this effect you? You haven't paid for an EA implement, haven't waited for one to show up, and haven't damaged one so why are you still bitching and moaning about this? Seriously, you put so much effort into putting EA down at every turn and yet there are plenty of happy EA customers. Do you feel that it's your mission in life to convince everyone that you know best about everything? Get over yourself or go do a daily podcast where you can share your wisdom and insight.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Why do you care? You don't want to buy EA products, don't like EA's payment policy and don't like the wait times. How does any of this effect you? You haven't paid for an EA implement, haven't waited for one to show up, and haven't damaged one so why are you still bitching and moaning about this? Seriously, you put so much effort into putting EA down at every turn and yet there are plenty of happy EA customers. Do you feel that it's your mission in life to convince everyone that you know best about everything? Get over yourself or go do a daily podcast where you can share your wisdom and insight.
I have made two points:

1) EA's policy to pay up front is not customer friendly. It is not. It is also neither illegal or immoral. I have answered claims by some that EA's policy is required by COVID or any of a number of reasons. It is not, and the fact other companies (the vast majority) or all types do not do it is conclusive proof. Whether the EA policy bothers you or not is a personal choice/reaction.

2) EA's hose routing/set-up on their grapples is problematic, and it does not meet best practices.

I have never said they make bad products; in fact, I have repeatedly said that I presume they make good products (based on satisfied customers and their growth).

For posting these two indisputable facts, you and others have attempted to attack me.

It is the EA zealots that need to get over themselves.

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
I don’t think that’s the case Goz… no one is hurt by anyone else’s choices for themselves…. But a discussion forum is for “discussion” and sharing of experiences and opinions….so that we can each benefit from the experiences of others.
A discussion of the merits and de-merits of different makes/models is pertinent,… as least I thought so…
The real problems arise when someone can no longer support their argument with facts or logic and instead turns to direct attacks on other participants, demeaning their personal character. Ad hominem attack reveal only the true character of the one first issuing the insults.

Sorry if I did any of that.
Geo you make a good point. I guess it’s the direct attacks that bother me. I like to learn from the experiences from others, good and bad. I read a ton of reviews when I am looking to buy something on Amazon. If someone had a bad experience I take that into consideration but I look more for trends. I guess my original point was that some seem fanatical in their defense of EA. Loyalty is a great thing. I love my Ford trucks but I have friends that are BIG Dodge fans. We raz each other and move on. In the end buy or don’t buy a Ford, EA, LP, or Kubota for that matter. There is another thread going on about Kioti vs Kubota. Kioti May make a great tractor. Don’t know. Not a dealer around me and my friends have Kubotas. Yes the same guy with the Dodge so there’s that lol. I have driven the Kubota and loved it so I bought one. If one of them went out and bought a Kiota I would raz them same as their Dodge truck but in the end it’s their money and they can buy what they want. Just wish things were a little more civil in this thread. JMHO

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ROFLMAO.

And no Geo, I don't even own a EA Grapple. I have a cracked LP unit.
Ahh… Soo… you pay compliments to the Lady you admire…. But you sleep with another, heh..??
;) :ROFLMAO::p

Elliott in GA

Equipment
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ROFLMAO.

And no Geo, I don't even own a EA Grapple. I have a cracked LP unit.
Yeah, I respond to misstatements of facts and attacks - that is not a bad thing.

Quiet Horseman

Equipment
Kubota M4050DT with 1830 Loader
Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
I just tried to buy tractor tires. In doing so, I discovering the United States seems to be going through a Agri Tire Shortage. Keep that in mind when dealing with people who say you need to pay in advance. As a contractor I charge people in advance often enough. But usually only50%. This give my clients some leverage and fair recourse with me, if they are dissatisfied with my work or service.

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Let me remind everyone of how the second post in this thread started out.

" Anyone that pays for an item prior to being shipped, is a fool. "

What I've seen in this thread from the get go is that EA owners or perspective owners showed up to talk about their implements, discuss wait times, voice an opinion on EA's pay up front policy (both good and bad), complain about some things and openly talk about any issues encountered.

The other group posting in this thread has had an agenda from the start directly stating or implying that EA owners are fools, weekend farmers, misguided, misinformed, rabid, and clearly don't actually need the implements since they're ok to wait. As I said, putting that much effort into trying to convince someone not to buy an EA product is either about ego (most likely) or these individuals have a connection to a competitor to EA. Why else would so much effort be put into something made by a company you don't like, making products you don't own and clearly don't want to own. It's pathological and typical of the anonymous internet.

I don't think anything good has come from this thread other than the possibility that EA will look at making a change to the hose routing. There is zero evidence that the hoses will or have failed where they contact the corner of the c-channel but I modified mine to reduce the chance of a failure. The one video that the anti EA group continue to reference shows a Wicked 55 grapple with a year of use without a hose failure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Elliott in GA

Equipment
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Let me remind everyone of how the second post in this thread started out.

" Anyone that pays for an item prior to being shipped, is a fool. "

What I've seen in this thread from the get go is that EA owners or perspective owners showed up to talk about their implements, discuss wait times, voice an opinion on EA's pay up front policy (both good and bad), complain about some things and openly talk about any issues encountered.

The other group posting in this thread has had an agenda from the start directly stating or implying that EA owners are fools, weekend farmers, misguided, misinformed, rabid, and clearly don't actually need the implements since they're ok to wait. As I said, putting that much effort into trying to convince someone not to buy an EA product is either about ego (most likely) or these individuals have a connection to a competitor to EA. Why else would so much effort be put into something made by a company you don't like, making products you don't own and clearly don't want to own. It's pathological and typical of the anonymous internet.
As opposed to attacking people for making truthful statements, and during those posts they never made any derogatory statements (outside of the two points) about EA, EA's products and never about EA's customers.