COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Stock market in the chitter, oil prices at a low since 1991, heard the word

recession many times in the last while and then there's the covid 19 shutting

down travel and spreading like nothing we've seen in a long time. Not a great

start to the new year. Gonna be interesting to see how this one ends.:eek:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Re: Is the sky falling?

I'm wondering who is making BILLIONS off this rediculous 'situation' ?
Maybe Greta ? After all, less travel = less planes = less pollution = greener World ?
There is a simple solution to eradicate CV19, takes 3 weeks, 100 % effective, based on CURRENT knowledge of the virus....will NOT be implemented as , well, follow the money.......to see why.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

Yup it's always about the money

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts

The press is doing a great job at creating panic. They are driving down the stock market, lowering oil prices and making headlines they like. I had the Hong Kong flu when I was in the Army in 1968, I survived and I'm sure we'll all survive this too, at least most of us will.

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

The press is doing a great job at creating panic. They are driving down the stock market, lowering oil prices and making headlines they like. I had the Hong Kong flu when I was in the Army in 1968, I survived and I'm sure we'll all survive this too, at least most of us will.
EXACTLY. I will say the the media is bringing the closet 'preppers' out of the woodwork....lol

Around here in God's country, everything remains the same except there is no toilet paper to be had.

Guess I'll have to start using a leaf or my fingers soon.....lol

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA

Really now is just the time to not panic sell if you have any investments. Take any income and start building a "war chest" of any money you have to spare and when the drop starts coming then just put in a steady amount every month or so in an index fund (S&P, NASDAQ, DOW Jones Industrial) and when the economy bounces back you'll be the one lining your pockets with cash.

Bonus is that if the economy entirely tanks the greenbacks won't be worth anything anyway so no real use in hoarding it in the bank or under the mattress.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Really now is just the time to not panic sell if you have any investments. Take any income and start building a "war chest" of any money you have to spare and when the drop starts coming then just put in a steady amount every month or so in an index fund (S&P, NASDAQ, DOW Jones Industrial) and when the economy bounces back you'll be the one lining your pockets with cash.

Bonus is that if the economy entirely tanks the greenbacks won't be worth anything anyway so no real use in hoarding it in the bank or under the mattress.
They aren't anyway. Nothing new there. Fiat currency is just that.

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA

They aren't anyway. Nothing new there. Fiat currency is just that.
True, but it is probably also a misconception that if the country falls into anarchy that gold, silver, or platinum will be worth anything either. That is just something that people with large amounts of gold to sell say to build the price higher. In the event of a total collapse water, food, the means to create more water/food, and transport will be all that is really worth anything anymore.

However, we all (for the most part) accept that the dollar is worth something because it is easier, safer and more economical to carry $100 cash into a grocery store than $100 dollars worth of corn.

I don't believe there will be a total economic collapse though anyway because let's be honest us American's are to damn stubborn anyway.

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA

Trade shows are being cancelled. My company's yearly service meeting is being cancelled. Like Tommy Lee Jones said in MIB "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals....."

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

An dat chillins is why we should be investing in brass lead and powder

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Already have plenty of that stuff and things to make it go bang with too.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont

Isn't it a nice feeling to know you don't shoot poorly enough to ever HAVE to buy ammo again? ;-)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

I'm not a paper puncher. I get my rifles sighted in and loads built for them and load an extra 50 and call it good. Rifles (and handguns) for me are for killing, not paper punching. 50 usually lasts me a couple years and then I load back to the 50 count.

Only exception to that is my 223 Ruger. I had some idle time a few winters ago and loaded 5000 55 grain FMJBT's in Federal match brass and stowed them away in metal ammo cans and got 1000 LAP green tips too.

I mostly shoot 300 Win Mag, 338 Lapua Magnum, 308, 45 ACP and 460 S&W magnum.

45 is my carry caliber. Everything else is for hunting.

Reactions: 1 user

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States

Plenty of brass & lead but I'm real low on small rifle & pistol primers.
My Wife is LDS aka Morman so we have allways been what some call a " prepper ". Those of us that live in rural area may come out better should the " fit hit the Shan ". I keep saying in month we won't see a thing on the news about corona virus.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

I think you are right, all the other things that were suppose to wipe us all out but we are still here. My folks we depression kids so we were raised to make sure there was enough on hand to take care of your needs should it all go sideways.
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.
Thank you Agent K

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.

Covid 19 won't wipe us out. It has however wiped out Chinese manufacturing for the time being. So what's going to happen when Wal-Mart and Amazon have nothing left to sell? Auto plants run out of parts? I-phones are unobtainable?

Oh well, at least food will be cheap -- China sucks up something like 1/2 of all US agricultural exports. With no cash coming in, they won't be able to afford that anymore. We've already seen the price of oil start to drop.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Well the local walmart has 0 rolls of poo paper.... :eek:

Things are going to get really serious around here! :(

I'm ready to go out and peel birch bark if I have to! ;)

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota

Plenty of brass & lead but I'm real low on small rifle & pistol primers.
My Wife is LDS aka Morman so we have allways been what some call a " prepper ". Those of us that live in rural area may come out better should the " fit hit the Shan ". I keep saying in month we won't see a thing on the news about corona virus.
I hope you don't have to be a Morman to be prepared?
The jackrabbits around here can be a little skittish at times! :D
Belted .30 cal.jpg

Belted 30 cal.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.