COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
That is a great spin however what the Doctor from the WHO said is,

"It still appears to be RARE that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward"

I found her entire statement in the video to be very easy to understand and not confusing at all, no need to make it something it isn't.
Ok I listened again, and you are correct she makes it very clear that in response to a question someone asked that she is distinguishing very carefully between truly asymptomatic, those that are presymptomatic, and those that have slight symptoms. The latter two and obviously the sick can transmit, but she is saying that what data she had suggested the truly asymptomatic were not transmitting. The problem for an individual still remains distinguishing healthy from presymptomatic or slightly symptomatic on any given day. If you wear a mask and keep some kind of distance you can worry less if it is your allergies acting up or you are coming down with covid.

I will be curious as to how this evolves. There are a lot of speculations floating around as to why some people get really sick and some don't. Obviously I am an err on the side of caution kind of person, and you (sleddog and motionclone) are not. I get it. And we might actually agree on the cost benefit ratio of the public policies that have been attempted.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
41 YO, not an easy out!

Broadway star Nick Cordero, who battled COVID-19 and its complications for three months, has died, his wife, fitness trainer Amanda Kloots, announced Sunday on Instagram.

Cordero, 41, had been on a ventilator in a Los Angeles hospital since early April and in that time, sustained several lung infections and required a leg amputation.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
41 YO, not an easy out!

Broadway star Nick Cordero, who battled COVID-19 and its complications for three months, has died, his wife, fitness trainer Amanda Kloots, announced Sunday on Instagram.

Cordero, 41, had been on a ventilator in a Los Angeles hospital since early April and in that time, sustained several lung infections and required a leg amputation.
90+ percent of all people put on vents so far have passed. 9 out of 10. If it were me I would avoid a ventilator like the plague.

I know in my wifes hospital, they have all but stopped using them due to the high mortality rate.

Imagine Cuomo in NY wanted 90,000 ventilators. That would be 81,000 deaths if he could have forced that many old people on them.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
90+ percent of all people put on vents so far have passed. 9 out of 10. If it were me I would avoid a ventilator like the plague.

I know in my wifes hospital, they have all but stopped using them due to the high mortality rate.

Imagine Cuomo in NY wanted 90,000 ventilators. That would be 81,000 deaths if he could have forced that many old people on them.
Your illogical thinking explains why you so misunderstand this issue.

”90% of fatal traffic accidents occur within 5 miles of one’s home” .... so NHSleddog plans to move. :unsure:

If it were me I would avoid a ventilator like the plague
It’s NOT the ventilator you should avoid... it’s the PLAGUE.... current version is Covid 19.... which is neither a flu nor a cold!

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA

did not say ventilators were the correct treatment, said its a hard way to go out. I personally have forms to
prevent such plus no garden hoses in my belly and no paddling if no pulse, have had them for years.
Now again...with or with out vents its a hard way to go out. What we have here is evolution of treatment.
So if you get it and you turn south are you going to buck up and refuse treatment? Quit fighting? That is a personal decision. Hot wire the morphine drip? My goal is to prevent the virus from getting in my home.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Your illogical thinking explains why you so misunderstand this issue.

”90% of fatal traffic accidents occur within 5 miles of one’s home” .... so NHSleddog plans to move. :unsure:

It’s NOT the ventilator you should avoid... it’s the PLAGUE.... current version is Covid 19.... which is neither a flu nor a cold!
ROFLMAO.

I'll stand by my comment on the ventilators.

Helmets save head trauma, so you helmet up everyday getting out of bed?

You make me laugh Geo.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
A lot of lives would be saved every year if people would only wear helmets...While in there automobiles! Head trauma is the big killer, and car wrecks are avoidable.
Cardiac and repiratory failures? Diet and lifestyle choices are your decision.

Remember when the enforced wearing of a helmet while riding a motorbike was argued as an unfair burden to the non riders insurance payments. But the fat lazy drinkers get off scot free!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
A person posted these facts on FB.

All of these statistics are from Google as of 06/29/2020. (Took about 3 minutes)

Kansas population 2,190,000

Covid-19 cases 14,569

Total deaths 276

Let's do the math:

14,569 is .66% of total population (That's point 66, not even 1 percent of the yen population)

276 is 1.89% of 14569

Therefore, out of 2,190,000 people in the state of Kansas less than 1% of them have been infected with Covid-19. That is 2,175,431 people that have not been infected. Of the 14,569 people infected, 14,293 have survived. That is a 98.11% survival rate! (Many of the reported deaths had nothing to do with Covid- 19. They were only reported that way so the hospitals would be paid more money. In other words your tax dollars.)

Why are survival rates not being reported?

Why is only the doom and gloom being reported and emphasized?

Now let's go back to 2017.

In the state of Kansas there were 546 deaths related to the common flu over a 12 month period. A very similar rate compared to 276 over a 6 month period in 2020 so far.

If the Covid-19 numbers are so similar to the flu in 2017 where was the outrage about it in 2017?
Where were the shutdowns in 2017?
How many jobs were lost over the flu in 2017?
How many businesses were closed in 2017?
How was the economy affected by the flu in 2017?
How many schools were closed because of the flu in 2017?
How many sporting events were canceled because of the flu in 2017?
Why weren't we told to stay at home in 2017?
Why weren't people told to self quarantine in 2017?
Why weren't we told that we should practice social distancing in 2017?
Why weren't we told to wear masks in 2017?
Why was this not all over the news, everyday, all day, for months?

Covid-19 is no more deadly than the common flu!

Yes, you should take precautions if you are of a certain age or have underlying conditions, but not every man, woman, and child!

Wake up people! We are all being played with! I don't care if you are Republican or Democrat, Catholic, Baptist, Jewish, White, Black, Brown, or what ever! The citizens of this country are being played with at the expense of our RIGHTS, our ECONOMY, and MANY LIVELIHOODS!

IT IS TIME TO STOP!

Reactions: 2 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
NPR had this story about a vaccine that didn't work for children in the Philippines. It is an example of how the WHO approved of something without good background.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The WHO as well as CNN (Clinton News Network) have zero credibility with me. The WHO because of their protecting China at the beginning and CNN because of their totally biased reporting. Neither are worth beans in my view.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

All of these statistics are from Google as of 06/29/2020. (Took about 3 minutes)

Covid-19 cases 14,569

Total deaths 276

Let's do the math:

14,569 is .66% of total population (That's point 66, not even 1 percent of the yen population)

276 is 1.89% of 14569

Therefore, out of 2,190,000 people in the state of Kansas less than 1% of them have been infected with Covid-19. That is 2,175,431 people that have not been infected. Of the 14,569 people infected, 14,293 have survived. That is a 98.11% survival rate! (Many of the reported deaths had nothing to do with Covid- 19. They were only reported that way so the hospitals would be paid more money. In other words your tax dollars.)

In the state of Kansas there were 546 deaths related to the common flu over a 12 month period. A very similar rate compared to 276 over a 6 month period in 2020 so far.

If the Covid-19 numbers are so similar to the flu in 2017 where was the outrage about it in 2017?

Yes, you should take precautions if you are of a certain age or have underlying conditions, but not every man, woman, and child!

Wake up people! We are all being played with! I don't care if you are Republican or Democrat, Catholic, Baptist, Jewish, White, Black, Brown, or what ever! The citizens of this country are being played with at the expense of our RIGHTS, our ECONOMY, and MANY LIVELIHOODS!

IT IS TIME TO STOP!

I hope played with is not right. We can probably all agree the hype is overkill to the point that it is hard work to sort out fact from fiction no matter what network or online sources you use.

D2 if those numbers are correct, and I wouldn't necessarily believe them, you Kansans are lucky. Michigan has a total population of 9.987 million, 4.56 times that of Kansas. Our total number of covid deaths is 5975, and the death rate as a fraction of cases is 6%. However that number depends on number of people tested.

They do post the number recovered in Michigan but the number I heard was that it was calculated as the number still alive 30days after first tested positive, and not number actually feeling well at 30 days.

Here is a link to the Michigan website, it has what appears to be straightforward data.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-coronavirus-dashboard-cases-deaths-and-maps

Probably the most important number is how many people are hospitalized at any given moment, and for us the number has dropped from around 3600 in April to about 300 in July.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I hope played with is not right. We can probably all agree the hype is overkill to the point that it is hard work to sort out fact from fiction no matter what network or online sources you use.

D2 if those numbers are correct, and I wouldn't necessarily believe them, you Kansans are lucky. Michigan has a total population of 9.987 million, 4.56 times that of Kansas. Our total number of covid deaths is 5975, and the death rate as a fraction of cases is 6%. However that number depends on number of people tested.

They do post the number recovered in Michigan but the number I heard was that it was calculated as the number still alive 30days after first tested positive, and not number actually feeling well at 30 days.

Here is a link to the Michigan website, it has what appears to be straightforward data.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-coronavirus-dashboard-cases-deaths-and-maps

Probably the most important number is how many people are hospitalized at any given moment, and for us the number has dropped from around 3600 in April to about 300 in July.
They were reporting that the hospitals here were at capacity for covid patients. Baptist hospital in North Little Rock, at capacity means 20 patients. My wife asked one of the doctors.

Some of the other hospitals can take a few more. Son in laws mother works one of the covid wards at another local hospital. Their capacity is 30 patients.

The doom and gloom is getting pretty ridiculous in the media.

They were blaming the latest spike in numbers monday night to the 4th of july partying. Then literally in the same segment they listed the numbers and where they came from. Half the latest spike was at one of the jails. That must of been some raging party 😜🤪😜🤪😜

They've been shipping the overflow on the tests out of state to be processed. Boss just came back from vacation with bronchitis. He got tested, then had the rest of his family tested 3 days later.

His test got shipped to South Carolina. Took 12 days for him to get the results. The rest of his families tests were processed locally. They had the results back in 3 days. All were negative.

Most likely half the spikes we are seeing are delayed notification of test results. So the 4th of july partying won't start trickling in till next week some time and probably be strung out for over 3 weeks afterwards.

Just in time for labor day weekend 😁😁😁

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

Covid-19 cases 14,569

Total deaths 276

Let's do the math:

276 is 1.89% of 14569

IT IS TIME TO STOP!
2015 and 2018 you can almost take any state and do the same thing. And keep in mind - the regular flu is gone gone gone, no deaths in 2020 - SMH.

Unfortunately all the evidence in the world will not take away Chicken Little's boogeyman.

And all the SPIN of doom and gloom, will not get me to turn on my fellow man, or fear the cold going around.

It is scary how easily people are led.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
2015 and 2018 you can almost take any state and do the same thing. And keep in mind - the regular flu is gone gone gone, no deaths in 2020 - SMH.

Unfortunately all the evidence in the world will not take away Chicken Little's boogeyman.

And all the SPIN of doom and gloom, will not get me to turn on my fellow man, or fear the cold going around.

It is scary how easily people are led.

The flu is not gone, or at least CDC doesn't think so.

Flu cases and deaths are not counted up individually the way they are attempted to be counted for covid.

The methodology and its limitations are described here:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/how-cdc-estimates.htm

The estimates for 2019 2020 are 24,000 to 62,000 deaths.

Flu deaths and cases have been estimated this way since 2010.
The estimated number of flu deaths for the 2018 2019 season was 34,200 out of 35.5 million people catching the flu.

But the two ways of calculating the numbers between covid and flu are very different. But either way the regular flu is still with us. Get your flu shot, such as it may be!

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont

Covid-19 cases 14,569

Total deaths 276

Let's do the math:

276 is 1.89% of 14569

IT IS TIME TO STOP!

numbers jive!

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
The flu is not gone, or at least CDC doesn't think so.

Flu cases and deaths are not counted up individually the way they are attempted to be counted for covid.

The methodology and its limitations are described here:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/how-cdc-estimates.htm

The estimates for 2019 2020 are 24,000 to 62,000 deaths.

Flu deaths and cases have been estimated this way since 2010.
The estimated number of flu deaths for the 2018 2019 season was 34,200 out of 35.5 million people catching the flu.

But the two ways of calculating the numbers between covid and flu are very different. But either way the regular flu is still with us. Get your flu shot, such as it may be!
Don't you find it troubling that "DEATHS" are counted differently?

I mean, there is little ambiguity. One has died of something or they have not.

"Two bullet wounds to the back of the head, obvious suicide!"

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Don't you find it troubling that "DEATHS" are counted differently?

I mean, there is little ambiguity. One has died of something or they have not.

"Two bullet wounds to the back of the head, obvious suicide!"
LOL! Well, read the methods, with flu it is worse than covid, many ultimately die of pneumonia, and not all are tested I suppose. They are using a mathematical model and projecting from the ones they do test.

Status
Not open for further replies.