COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
"the sooner I am dead to someone else the better "...
like your going to tractor supply and catch the virus ? Or stand to close to someone in line and get popped ?
I'm not sure I see your point. No one here or anywhere wants anyone dead.
Be safe and do want you want and I'll wear my mask while driving to look stupid and give you a laugh.
This could be our last 4th of July Holiday as I've heard the 4th will be replaced by Juneteenth in 2021. So enjoy today. Happy 4th.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
like your going to tractor supply and catch the virus ? Or stand to close to someone in line and get popped ?
Be safe and do want you want and I'll wear my mask while driving to look stupid and give you a laugh.
This could be our last 4th of July Holiday as I've heard the 4th will be replaced by Juneteenth in 2021. So enjoy today. Happy 4th.

Won't give me a laugh, I live 1200 miles from you but carry on anyway.

Reactions: 1 user

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Fruit Of The Loom face mask.
I figure this guy was making a point of some sort, Not sure.
Or maybe he was just repurposing some old undies.

Fruit Of The Loom Face Mash.jpg

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Nice edit.

I said "the sooner I am a dead end to someone else, the better" and that is the truth. The same with you, the sooner you are a dead end to others, the better.

I don't think anyone is afraid of Flip and his "short fuse" at tractor supply. He usually forgets his gun in the car anyway.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Kind of like the 2 BLM protesters on the Seattle freeway last night at 1:45am. Both got the permanent press by a car at 70 per....

Bang, out go the lights.
Nice edit.

I said "the sooner I am a dead end to someone else, the better" and that is the truth. The same with you, the sooner you are a dead end to others, the better.

I don't think anyone is afraid of Flip and his "short fuse" at tractor supply. He usually forgets his gun in the car anyway.
Correct, that 45 Kimber tends to pull my pants down............... :p

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
The only thing sidecar is going to be shooting off is his mouth 🤒

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Kind of like the 2 BLM protesters on the Seattle freeway last night at 1:45am. Both got the permanent press by a car at 70 per....

Bang, out go the lights.

Correct, that 45 Kimber tends to pull my pants down............... :p
Guys I think dead end refers to the chain of transmission of the virus. One can end one particular series by becoming immune, staying isolated until you are no longer sick, or dying. I don't think sleddog meant the latter. At least that's how I took it.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Latest Stats: New cases today-
NY- + 451
Cally- + 4,612
Florida- + 10,059
Texas- + 3,881
Arizona- + 3,536
Michigan- + 360
New Hampshire- + 14
Maine- + 18
Hawaii- + 24
So all and all it looks like were in pretty good shape.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You Mainers have never been too impacted. Must be the pioneering spirit up there...

Interestingly, here in Michigan, it's not Detroit (Wayne County), but outlying areas and rural settings that the cases are increasing in. County next to me picked up 15 yesterday and one death (I think).

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Worth 8 minutes to listen to this gal
"It still appears to be RARE that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward"

Yeah it IS pretty interesting and whats equally interesting is you dont hear much about this anywhere in the main stream because it makes the idea of healthy people wearing masks even more dumb of an idea.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
You Mainers have never been too impacted.
Except our entire tourism economy was destroyed overnight by scared people who let emotions control their actions.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Guys I think dead end refers to the chain of transmission of the virus. One can end one particular series by becoming immune, staying isolated until you are no longer sick, or dying. I don't think sleddog meant the latter. At least that's how I took it.
There is actually a lot that they don't get about this. That is OK.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
"It still appears to be RARE that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward"

Yeah it IS pretty interesting and whats equally interesting is you dont hear much about this anywhere in the main stream because it makes the idea of healthy people wearing masks even more dumb of an idea.
Actually I don't know how much she is being taken out of context, or if she is oblivious of the difference between asymptomatic and presymptomatic. Or she knows and her listeners don't. I think I know one paper she is citing, I posted a link a while back. I remember (I think) that they found that truly asymptomatic people shed less virus in the nasal swabs and made fewer antibodies. There are not enough good contact tracing studies to be sure over a two or three week period someone might have the virus but not be sick how many people they did or didn't infect. But that is good news if some people innately develop a mild illness and the virus doesn't infect cells in the upper part of the respiratory tract where it can be coughed or breathed onto someone else.

A person who feels fine can't tell if they are asymptomatic, presymptomatic, or healthy! Looking at any of the current hotspots like Harpers bar where over 100 have been infected not to mention the silent spread in many places means a lot of folks are out and about with the virus sharing it. Although maybe a foolish assumption to expect someone to stay home from the bar if they feel awful. o_O. There are many examples where someone gets overtly sick and they have infected people in the two or three days beforehand.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Actually I don't know how much she is being taken out of context, or if she is oblivious of the difference between asymptomatic and presymptomatic. Or she knows and her listeners don't. I think I know one paper she is citing, I posted a link a while back. I remember (I think) that they found that truly asymptomatic people shed less virus in the nasal swabs and made fewer antibodies. There are not enough good contact tracing studies to be sure over a two or three week period someone might have the virus but not be sick how many people they did or didn't infect. But that is good news if some people innately develop a mild illness and the virus doesn't infect cells in the upper part of the respiratory tract where it can be coughed or breathed onto someone else.

A person who feels fine can't tell if they are asymptomatic, presymptomatic, or healthy! Looking at any of the current hotspots like Harpers bar where over 100 have been infected not to mention the silent spread in many places means a lot of folks are out and about with the virus sharing it. Although maybe a foolish assumption to expect someone to stay home from the bar if they feel awful. o_O. There are many examples where someone gets overtly sick and they have infected people in the two or three days beforehand.
That is a great spin however what the Doctor from the WHO said is,

I found her entire statement in the video to be very easy to understand and not confusing at all, no need to make it something it isn't.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

According to this doctor who is looking at research papers from around the world on this issue, asymptomatic transmission isnt happening or very rare when it does. Arent we supposed to be listening to these people who are smart? And have data?

I dont think she is oblivious to the difference between asymptomatic and presymptomatic just look at her credentials:

Van Kerkhove was born Maria Rosanne DeJoseph in New Hartford, New York.[4][5][6][7] In 1999, she received a B.S. in biological sciences from Cornell University.[8] In 2000, she received an M.S. in epidemiology from Stanford University School of Medicine. In 2009, she earned a Ph.D. in infectious disease epidemiology from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, where she wrote her thesis on the avian flu in Cambodia

Status
Not open for further replies.