Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Not a pet, but April the giraffe was an internet sensation earlier this year up until she gave birth to her baby.
My wife was all over it on Facebook.
Place she lives is 35 minutes south.

Cool place, our first visit there. Lots of different animals, many exotic and quite a few locals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

I may have mentioned (not more than 40 or 50 times...) that I LOVE dogs. Some years back, SWMBO developed severe allergies to pet hair and we had to part with our last dog. I've been in serious withdrawal since.

So, daughter decided she wanted an Akita puppy and put a deposit down for the next litter from a local breeder. Pups are now 3 weeks old and I made the mistake of going up with her to visit and begin the socialization process with the new pup.

The breeder has at least 6 adult dogs, 3 breeding females and 3 males, and the 8 month old female pictured above. I like to think I read dogs pretty well, and very rarely have any trouble getting to know a new dog. In this case, the lady said "Most of the females are very standoffish and won't want to be petted".

Okay, I can relate to that, me being a stranger and all.

That lasted all of about 30 seconds. The three males came right over, and got their ears scratched, and then this little gal bulled her way in and practically sat in my lap. Stuck to me the whole time I was there.

After I left, she said the dog laid by the door and moped the whole time. She'd never seen her take to anybody like that.

Probably a sales pitch, but it worked. She came WAY down on the price and my daughter kicked in half as the dog will live with her due to my wife's allergies. She benefits from two dogs to keep each other company while home alone all day, and I have a source for my minimum daily requirement of dog spit.

Her name is "Fate" by the way. Seems appropriate somehow...

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Dog sitting again for the night. This time it's Molly, my son's 6 month old Pit. She's a sweet heart and gets along with Gypsy really well :D

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Thinking Gypsy met her match :D Little miss Molly turned into a Satan spawn with little needles :D

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

Brought that 8 month old female Akita home to daughter's house today. What a sweetie. Housebroke, about 3/4 broke to a leash, knows all the basic commands. Adjusting really well to her new "dog house".

Technically, and on paper, she's "my" dog, but will live with the daughter and grandson. I'll just visit a lot and get my MDR of dog spit.

She has a gorgeous silver-gray undercoat that really stands out in the sun. When she's happy, that tail has almost three full turns in it.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Our one Rotty is usually found in the morning like this. She's a hoot. The basenji is a pain in the butt and the other rotty is the best dog ever.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mike.O

Equipment
B2650
Mar 28, 2017
CT
Hank on the Left, Nutmeg on the right.
Dogs.jpg
dogs1.jpg

Were dog lovers. They sure are funny creatures. Always laughing at them! Hank is so far out in "la-la land" its too funny, the goofiest dog :confused::confused::D:D

Last edited:

geoff

Equipment
b2410 tractor, FM90 topper,RS1200 cultivator,bearcat 4 inch chipper,b1610.
Jul 7, 2017
essex uk.
I think this shot speaks for itself...they say animals take after their owners, this is, I stress, my partner's dog:rolleyes:

Attachments

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I think this shot speaks for itself...they say animals take after their owners, this is, I stress, my partner's dog:rolleyes:
What a great shot!

Daughter says Fate (the Akita) is settling in nicely. Bit stressful for her, she lived in a house with her whole pack of 6 or 7 other dogs and assorted humans, now she's alone. Grandson had a day off so he stayed with her today, I'll run up and "dogsit" tomorrow so she's not totally on her own.

She's getting a bit more playful. Daughter's house has a walk-in basement and quite a slope from front to back on the landscaping. Fate stands at the top of the slope with a ball, drops it, chases it down the slope, then lugs it back to the top...rinse, repeat.

bluevegan

Oct 5, 2017
Las Vegas
Not a pet, but April the giraffe was an internet sensation earlier this year up until she gave birth to her baby.
My wife was all over it on Facebook.
Place she lives is 35 minutes south.

Cool place, our first visit there. Lots of different animals, many exotic and quite a few locals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Such cute pets!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
She's looking pretty comfy :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I think the face says it all :D:D

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
This post really belongs in the "what stupid thing have you done today" thread, but in the light of reminding folks of dangers to our pets...here goes.

I am sitting here missing my little cat who is in the vet clinic on an iv drip. I didn't put the tube of Diclofenac gel (Voltaren), my arthritis med, back in the drawer where it belongs, and she got into it, the cap wasn't on it tight. I heard her get into something and turned the light on but she'd jumped down so I didn't realize what until this morning. I think she could only lick a little off where the lid fits, but I can't be sure and the toxicity of NSAIDs to cats and dogs is high. I know this but just plain old screwed up not putting it away. If she only got the amount under the lid she should be ok, but she is such a determined little creature I wouldn't put it past her to stand on the tube to get more out. So with luck the fluids will reduce kidney damage. I am worried and I hate having her not home and she is in the hands of students. She ripped out the first iv they put in. :(

She likes to kill paper towel rolls, an iv tube would be easy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Best of luck with the vet and your cat. Mine just recently rearranged the full roll of toilet paper that was hanging on the wall. Managed to scatter it into a couple of rooms. [emoji849]

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My deepest thoughts are with you and your girl Sheepfarmer!
I have been though what you are going through and it's not easy! :(