Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We've been in the process of slowly remodeling the house. This weekend was our bedroom.

Gypsy got thrown off since we slept in a different room for a night. Then when we got our furniture in our room, we rearranged the furniture from what she was used too,

She tried to get to where she used to sleep on the floor. And got stuck under the bed :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Gypsy at the end of her obedience class today. She and the trainer were sacking out in the grass :) the little guy was part of her distractions today during her training

The owner of the obedience school mentioned to us today that she would make a fantastic service dog with her disposition. So, after she finishes these sessions. We are gonna have her trained and certified as a service dog :D

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Gypsy at the end of her obedience class today. She and the trainer were sacking out in the grass :) the little guy was part of her distractions today during her training

The owner of the obedience school mentioned to us today that she would make a fantastic service dog with her disposition. So, after she finishes these sessions. We are gonna have her trained and certified as a service dog :D

She's a beautiful dog!!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Does that mean she will get you a cold beer when you ask her to? :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Skeets, haven't got her quite there yet :(

Bearbait, thanks. She's a mess some days :D

Guess we made it on the trainers Facebook page. Here's some pics he took of us today :)

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
We took a vaca last week and picked up a stray that the owner of the cabin we stayed at was gonna shoot. My daughter named her "Socks" but grandson couldn't pronounce that and called her "Scott". We decided to keep that name. Well, I did anyway!!!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Went out to water the fig tree. Gypsy had to get her playing in at the same time :D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
So my dog has a kennel of sorts. A patch of yard as big as the house. Her doghouse is a tractor cab which she loves. Can leave her out with rain all day and she comes in dry. Can see everything come and go. Out of the wind in winter.
So i let her out, 15 minutes later went to let her in and i see her in her doghouse eating all the flies. Yuck! Oh well, guess thats the treat for the day. Caugt her eating frogs last spring as they travelled through the pen.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
So my dog has a kennel of sorts. A patch of yard as big as the house. Her doghouse is a tractor cab which she loves. Can leave her out with rain all day and she comes in dry. Can see everything come and go. Out of the wind in winter.
So i let her out, 15 minutes later went to let her in and i see her in her doghouse eating all the flies. Yuck! Oh well, guess thats the treat for the day. Caught her eating frogs last spring as they travelled through the pen.
Our mini dachshund was the frog eater. We figured that out when he was a pup. Had him sitting on the center console between my wife and I in the truck. Mentioned to my wife that I thought he ate the frog that he was chasing on the back patio the night before. We confirmed that notion a couple minutes later when he barfed it up on me :eek:

At night, I'll kick on the motion light out back. Gypsy will wear herself out chasing moths :D She also snatches birds out of the air if they fly too close to her.

Our Jack Russell is a snake killer. Or was till he got nailed last summer by a copper head. Old age has kicked in, and he doesn't see well anymore. He used to snatch a snake in the middle, and sling it around like a pair of nun-chucks. Toss the snake, hop around like a spider monkey, then snatched it again and sling it around some more till it quits moving. That's how he got his nick name "Jackie Chan" :D First time I saw him do it, he snatched a copper head and slung it at my wife :eek: She was not too happy :rolleyes:

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
Over the 4th weekend I was doing my younger son a favor and replacing the exhaust studs and gaskets on his Ford V-10. Not a bad job so I had the truck up on jack stands in front of my shop and sit down to get working. Little did I know my older son has turned lose his 3 very friendly turkeys. I've worked under vehicles with a dog next to me. No problem but turkeys??? They found what I was doing fascinating. Unfortunately shiny tools were irresistible. Before I knew it they were running around fighting over a 5mm (small) socket. Gurp. Down goes my socket.
One of the big toms got pesky with my 13mm combo wrench so I smacked him to shoo him away. His head got red and he puffed up. I held the wrench like a sword and we commenced a duel. My wife and son were howling. They thought it was hilarious til they realized I was calling for help. A 20lb turkey can kick your butt fast. But I know that now....:cool:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Friends had emu and ostriches. The emu were near harmless. As i was helping repair a waterer they were all interested in what i was doing, and nipping at my ears. I look around and theres a dozen heads looking over my shoulders. Couldnt put down tools either.

Ok,silly question- my dumb dog wont drink water outside. Tried all kinds of ways. Comes inside and hits the water bowl and empties it. Thinking i should try one of tose spray pads,dog steps on pedal and water squirts. Or maybe a block of ice with treats in it.i think ice will work,she will do back flips for a slice of orange....

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
TJ, try a different colored bowl.

Gypsy will not drink out of a black or dark colored bowl. Only light colored or white. Also, the water has to be fresh. I have to empty and fill her water bowl morning, and night or she will not drink out of it.

Jack will not drink out of a self filling water bowl. Like the ones you fill a jug full of water, tip it upside down and it will fill a bowl to a certain level. Thought I was being clever, spent 30$ on one for the back porch. He drank out of it once. It gurgled while he was drinking and got him in the snout, and that was it. He would never go near it again :rolleyes:

I keep a kiddy pool out in the back yard for the dogs during the summer. It's one source of water they can't tip over while horsing around. Both dogs tend to drink out of that most of the time. Especially after a really good rainstorm.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Kind of a old pic, but still have both of them

Back when I was a kid, we rescued a black and white kitten that we named George. He ended up being our rodeo kitty. We had just gotten a Black Lab pup named flash the week before. So flash and George grew up together. And played together as well. George used to ride our lab around. He would wait till flash sacked out on the floor. Then he would pretend to cuddle up to him. George would lay on flash's back. Hook his claws on his front paws into flash's collar. Then dig his back claws into the dogs hind end like he was spurring a horse :D Flash would take off like a rocket with that cat on his back :D:D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Please take NOTE! ;)
This is one thing that ticks me off quick! :mad:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
And it can happen by accident. My wife had gone to the grocery store and back home takeing the groceries out, she left one of the doors open. While she's inside, our black chow we had rescued climbed in and layed down in the floor board. Wife came back, got the rest of the grocery's out and closed the door. After hunting for the dog for almost an hour, she found her. She was already dead. It almost destroyed my wife.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I'll lighten up the mood a little. ;) I'll never forget the time my grandfather stole the neighbors dog :D

So, my grandfather had a Black lab/ Springer Spaniel mix. All black, with a little triangle of white on his chest. Named him poncho.

The neighbors across the road would walk and bike quite often. If they weren't gonna be gone long. They would hook poncho to a chain over at there place so he wouldnt follow them. Then let him go when they got home.

Well gramps went outside, couldn't find poncho anywhere. So he got in his car, and started looking for him. Drove to the bottom of the hill, turned left, and found him around the corner a half mile from home. He had slipped his collar. Gramps also had to fight like the dickens to get him in his car :rolleyes: Got home, put a spare collar on him, and chained him by the garage. Then went across the road to work in one of his gardens.

About a 1/2 later he heard poncho bark behind him. Now he's mad, since he got loose from the chain. He looked back at poncho, fixing to scold him, and chain him back up. Then happened to look at the garage where there is a dog still hooked to the chain :eek: That's about the same time it sunk in that the neighbors must have hooked him up at there house for a bike ride, and he stole someone else's dog :p

So he goes home, fights like the dickens to get this dog back in his car so he can return it. Drives down the hill, around the corner. And just as he's trying to sneak the dog out of his car, the home owner comes out to talk to him. So then he has to fess up to the neighbor his mistake :D:D

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Some time back I was going through this small town of about 100 residents. Saw this critter tied to the hitching post.

Found out the owner had been ticketed with DWI, so he figured he ride "Bud" to the local pub.

Attachments