Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
This page provided me some comfort today!!! Thank u...my little buddy Randy / after 14 years of love / had to be put down Friday evening. First time in 25 years I haven’t had a dog to let out. He was loving and was loved and I held him through the end. Thank you all for reminding me that the love we have is always worth the pain of saying goodbye and preserving their dignity.

That was our last pic together. [emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Jryser, so sorry about your loss. Those buggers definitely get under our skin and snag our hearts.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Jryser, sorry for your loss. I ease the pain by knowing our pet are God's gifts to us. How we treat them is our gift to God!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
jryser,
Sorry for your loss, It's never easy. :(
Blessed we are to have them in our lives!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Kind of a odd run of events has brought us #10.

I had been lucky enough to rescue Tesla about 2 years ago from a guy that had her bred her way to early (6 months old) and sold the pups to make money.
Well he was done with her and decided to get rid of her so I got her.
I had seen several of her pups in the area (they are very unique looking) and always wanted to meet them.
One day was out and about and a guy asked about Tesla, I told the story how i got her and the guy said I have one of her daughters.

He asked a ton of questions about who trained her because Tesla was being so good, (Tesla is a PTSD Service Animal so her manners are excellent) I told him I trained them and asked me if I could train his girl, I said yes just call me and we would work out any details.
Fast forward a year to this spring, he called and asked if we could meet as he and his wife were thinking about rehoming their girl (Kona) because she was being a bit too much for them to handle (Tesla and Kona are Timber wolf and long haired malamutes, so super high energy and strength).
I meet her and she was really a handful as they had not taught her basic manners and control aspects.
I talked them into letting me train her for them, and that want great, she was a super quick learner and incredibly smart, just like her mother, in fact just about everything she does is just like mom (Tesla).
she is even lead free which for a wolfdog is really amazing.
I worked with her on and off for the last 6 months or so and she was doing great.
The family moved from country to town an she was doing good with it, they had another dog and that dog bit a young kid, so they had to make the hard choice to rehome her, and also decided it was going to be tough on Kona not having another to play with so they asked if I would take her in, and I happily agreed.

So here's Kona! and Yes I did say we have 10 dogs, all very very happy!

Tesla is on the left (darker girl) Kona is on the right.

Attachments

RickCf

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, 5ft Land Pride Rotary Cutter , 5ft Land Pride Tiller, Misc. other imp.
Jun 7, 2018
Hernando, MS
Wolfman, I can see the links in the raw text, but don't see the pics for some reason.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
jryser- I'm sorry for your loss- I have been through it many times and it never gets any easier. They become members of the family, and losing family members is always hard. Remember the good times, makes this time a tiny bit easier.

Sean- I knew you'd end up with her!
I can't see the pics either.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Jryser I'm very sorry for your loss. I have been in your shoes and the pain is terrible. Keep well my friend.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't know how you manage to do all that you do, and find time for 10 wolfs/dogs as well. My hats off to you.

Actually it was easy... I gave up on the worthless things in life, smoking drinking, drugs, chasing women...

Oh wait a min,

Ok gave up half of those... I kept the drinking and chasing women! :D

Smoke, Mirrors, Bourbon, and a whole lot of Monster energy drinks! ;)

Last edited:

TxBigRed

Dec 17, 2017
US
Beautiful dogs Wolfman. Can't imagine being without my pups, that are a major part of my life. My two Texas Heelers, Sydney and Joey.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Cleaned pellet stove. Got down to a chilly 71 degrees in the house while doing so.

After it fired back up, it's obvious someone likes the "Dragon."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: