Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Crazy pets?

This little girl fell asleep with the ball in her mouth ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My female has done that on occasion. When we dog sit her brother, I have to take the ball away from him if we are in inside. If not, you wont get any piece and quiet. Even if he's so tired he can barely stand. He will not stop playing catch. And will bring it back, drop it in your lap and then pester you till you toss it again.

I did notice that it wasn't a tennis ball in your dogs mouth. The life expectancy of a tennis ball in my house is about 4.2 minutes :D Wondering if it's similar in your house as well.

I've found that the cheap teething balls with the squeaker at pet smart last the longest at around 4 to 5 weeks. Or about the same time it takes to go through a 40lb bag of dog food. Been trying to find other balls similar with out the squeaker, but so far, no such luck.

dsi182

Jun 28, 2017
New York
Love your shepherds. I almost lost my 8 year old female 4 weeks ago. She was diagnosed with ITP (more common than I thought)
her immune system was destroying her blood platelets. Her count was down to 17k, spontaneous bleeding can occur under 30k. If you guys ever notice unusual bleeding in you dog from the nose or gums get them to an emergency vet ASAP. High dose steroids and cyclosporine have her counts to normal, now just have to ween her off the meds which will take months. 5k later she is on the road to recovery but honestly the money doesn't matter. I will try to post a pic of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Did they talk about trying Romiplostim on her? Borrowed from human med, and also expensive. Can work if there is a relapse. I hope she stays well, what a lovely face.

dsi182

Jun 28, 2017
New York
Fortunately she responded to the cyclosporine (atopica). She had one iv treatment of vincristine which helped short term. The atopica is $70 for a 4 day supply and she may be on it 10 months. Can't wait till she gets off the prednisone the side effects like muscle wasting is terrible. Thank you for the suggestion I had read about that med also, good to have a plan B.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Fortunately she responded to the cyclosporine (atopica). She had one iv treatment of vincristine which helped short term. The atopica is $70 for a 4 day supply and she may be on it 10 months. Can't wait till she gets off the prednisone the side effects like muscle wasting is terrible. Thank you for the suggestion I had read about that med also, good to have a plan B.

So glad to here she's doing well. I can't imagine your dog being on prednisone. It's a wonder drug short term like 5 to 7 days however long term it's a horrible drug. It's beyond words the pain we feel when our best friends are sick.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

About 10 months ago.

This morning. Good thing he's just a big goofball! That's his cousin behind him, she's definitely the smarter of the two.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
. Been trying to find other balls similar with out the squeaker, but so far, no such luck.

They have a whole toybox to choose from... [emoji57]

I just wish I could teach them to put them back...

Yeah, they destroy a lot But these red "treat" balls have lasted ...

Made by KONG got them online somewhere...

Outside, They love the big Jolly balls for horses... tractor supply sells.

but they tear those up too.

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Not sure where I'm sleeping :(:(

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Lol, I'm sure the kids won't mind if you use their beds. :D
Tried that. They get down off the bed and try to repo their bed :rolleyes:

I usually just grab the blanket and use it to roll them over towards the center of the bed and muscle into my spot. They usually get mad and move at that point :D

Every now and then they get stubborn and I have to scoot them over by hand.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I love it when they get your "Fleas"

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Momma got wrapped up like a Canoli :D:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I was hunting for some paper work yesterday and came across some old pictures. Yep the hounds, the Beagles and the Labs, and one crazy Terrier, looked just like Toto in the wizard of oz. So with that in the back of my mind I went to Lodge last night. And heard this on the radio, I thought Y'all might enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/Q7-PfzpQcJs?t=104

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Tormentor of all things in her domain.............

Attachments