Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Lets give this a first reading.

North East Region
Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Delaware, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.

SouthEast Region
Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, and West Virginia.

North Central Region
Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.

South Central Region
Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri.

North West Region
Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska.

South West Region
Hawaii, California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico.

First draft.
:)

Canada to follow sometime soon.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Eastern Canada
Quebec, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New foundland and Labrador.

Western Canada
Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Nortwest Territories, Yukon Territory, British Columbia, and Nunavut.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
While having an area for "this is my area" sounds great, but we do not want to alienate all of our other members.
We are not just a US and Canada base.

We have a lot of members from places like Europe, Germany, Norway, France, Australia, Geese, Taiwan (all the places that I've helped members at, that I can remember off the top of my head) and all points in between. :D

We are a World Wide forum and need to acknowledge all members equally and equitably! ;)

Last edited:

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
I have seen posts here from Australia. I'll leave it to someone smarter than me, (which could be anyone AND everyone), to figure out the rest of the Kubota world.
While having an area for "this is my area" sounds great, but we do not want to alienate all of our other members.
We are not just a US and Canada base.

We have a lot of members from places like Europe, Germany, Norway, France, Australia, Geese, Taiwan (all the places that I've helped members at, that I can remember off the top of my head) and all points in between.

We are a World Wide forum and need to acknowledge all members equally and equitably!
;)
I agree.
Would you like to see Europe as a whole or the individual countries?
Same with Asia, Far East?
I can type them out and whoever sets this up can cut and paste.

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
Eastern Canada
Quebec, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New foundland and Labrador.

Western Canada
Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Nortwest Territories, Yukon Territory, British Columbia, and Nunavut.
How about 4 Canadian regions? It's a big and spread out country.

Maritime: New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador

Central: Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba

Western: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Territories: Yukon, NorthWest Territories, Nunivut

I don't know world geography very well, maybe some of the other countries can chime in?

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Maritime Canada:New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador.

Central Canada: Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba.

Western Canada: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan.

Territories Canada: Yukon, NorthWest Territories, Nunavut.

How's that.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Truck Forums do that. Regional get-togethers and its nice for when Black Bear Tuning was setting up meets in areas we could all have plenty of time to schedule it in.

I think Im alone in my area as far as OTT members. Lotta Orange out here, but nobody recognizes OTT, wheras Im a member of Hearth.com for my pellet stove and there are 4 members within 2 miles....

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
What would help the most finding people in an area would be if posters would put what state or province and so on in their profile instead of just a town or made up name.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
What would help the most finding people in an area would be if posters would put what state or province and so on in their profile instead of just a town or made up name.
welllll..... see both sides of that one. Some folk just don't trust the potential bad use of information collected on them from various sources. Example- Pull a state info about them from one forum, another comment mentions a favorite restaurant they frequently visit; now city they live in comes known, while another has xxxy info... and with little work tying all that together a hacker now has a home address..... tie that to the SS# and/or credit card they stole previously and whala... your financial future is trashed and they rob you blind electronically.

Two... Most everyone will use state abbreviation and B.Board search tools can't search by that...... too few characters.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
some forums sort members by name, location,number of threads and number of replies.could add age or birthday as another search topic.

Again, some like their privacy.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I still like the idea of zip codes. There are a lot of members in the Southwest Region that I'm not remotely close to. Seem like zips would narrow it down a little more.

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
zip code would solve a ton of things. BUT.. that takes admin rearranging things and while there is a willingness there.... in reality.. don't see it ever getting done.

We should only consider how to do this ourselves with the tools availble to you folk as members as well as myself and maybe Wolfman as Mods. (Mod powers are limited actually)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Well, it seems like it would be easy to tell folks if you want a possible PM from someone on the forum as a possible contact/friend put your zip code by your address on your user profile.

If there is no zip code, that person chooses to remain a "hermit"!:D

Then it's up to each poster to contact someone, if they choose. Whatever develops from that is up to the individuals.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
zip code would solve a ton of things. BUT.. that takes admin rearranging things and while there is a willingness there.... in reality.. don't see it ever getting done.

We should only consider how to do this ourselves with the tools availble to you folk as members as well as myself and maybe Wolfman as Mods. (Mod powers are limited actually)
Do you have the power to create a new category and label it, "Regional Discussions"?
I could populate it with threads titled, "North, East, West, South..."

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Do you have the power to create a new category and label it, "Regional Discussions"?
I could populate it with threads titled, "North, East, West, South..."
no mods do not have access tools for changing/creating a forum inside the bulletin board

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
looks like we have a solution. There is "Groups" function of the board. Newlyme.. why don't you explore this. It is accesed via your user CP (control panel) on the bottom of the list is a section to "create group"

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Ok, I took a look. Seems to me to be a semi secure thread. Semi secure meaning you have to be logged in to access the groups, the extra steps needed to reach the threads, and the lack of knowledge/use of the resource. I'll set up the groups and we'll see what happens. It may take some publicity.

Edit: I am only allowed to set up five groups. It doesn't look like I'll be able to set up the regional groups.

Last edited:

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
Edit: I am only allowed to set up five groups. It doesn't look like I'll be able to set up the regional groups.
Could the 5 be set up as countries/continents, then set up sub-groups for small regions as discussed above? Not sure what's possible in the bits and bites world.