Status
Not open for further replies.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Politicians should be the first to take the vaccine...if they survive maybe we all will
If they don't survive maybe America will...!

Reactions: 8 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I'll get .......... when it comes this way - but like you, gonna wait and see how it goes.

Kinda like buying the "newest" model of tractor or car - might have a few issues to solve!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
anaphylaxis is not common with MOST shots....... however, if you look at other "shots" - typically a dr/nurse gives the first shot - to see if that person has any reaction to that shot.

even a allergy shot has that risk, and those that have a peanut allergy, those that have alpha-gal.....

that risk is even smaller than dying from getting the damn virus!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
How about the increased risk of getting HIV with the vaccine?

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I suggest people get input from their own doctor and direct from sources such as Mayo and the CDC rather than headline-grabbing politically motivated financial bloggers (or tractor fan forums).

Reactions: 4 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I suggest people get input from their own doctor and direct from sources such as Mayo and the CDC rather than headline-grabbing politically motivated financial bloggers (or tractor fan forums).

Now you're presuming CDC really knows what to say, and not change their mind? And remember, because your doctor says something doesn't make it so!! Would you like a first person example?

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
You might want to read this before you rush off to get the vaccine.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/...ter-1000s-negatively-affected-following-covid
Zero Hedge or ZeroHedgehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge#cite_note-4 is a far-right[11] libertarian[16] financial blog,[12][13] presenting staff-written articles and aggregating news and opinions from external sources.[17] Zero Hedge, per its motto,[a] is bearish in its investment outlook and analysis, often deriving from its adherence to the Austrian School of economics and credit cycles.[21] While often labeled as a financial permabear,[22][23] Zero Hedge has also been described as a source of "cutting-edge news, rumors and gossip in the financial industry".[24]

I'll take my chances

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Zero Hedge or ZeroHedgehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge#cite_note-4 is a far-right[11] libertarian[16] financial blog,[12][13] presenting staff-written articles and aggregating news and opinions from external sources.[17] Zero Hedge, per its motto,[a] is bearish in its investment outlook and analysis, often deriving from its adherence to the Austrian School of economics and credit cycles.[21] While often labeled as a financial permabear,[22][23] Zero Hedge has also been described as a source of "cutting-edge news, rumors and gossip in the financial industry".[24]

I'll take my chances
Okay, you take your chances and I'll take mine. If you don't like the link I posted I could find others for you, but I won't. you should do your own research. Don't let fear mongers control you.

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
Now you're presuming CDC really knows what to say, and not change their mind? And remember, because your doctor says something doesn't make it so!! Would you like a first person example?
Does anyone really know with less than 12 months of scientific effort - no. But weighing noted experts such as Mayo etc, experts in the relevant field, weighing multiple trained perspectives, actually reading the primary sources rather than the headlines or cherry-picked items in non-scientific blogs are all good steps to having the best-informed view you can have in any field with uncertainty. As for first-person testimony - such single data point anecdotes are usually the most misleading ones in any issue.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Does anyone really know with less than 12 months of scientific effort - no. But weighing noted experts such as Mayo etc, experts in the relevant field, weighing multiple trained perspectives, actually reading the primary sources rather than the headlines or cherry-picked items in non-scientific blogs are all good steps to having the best-informed view you can have in any field with uncertainty. As for first-person testimony - such single data point anecdotes are usually the most misleading ones in any issue.
I don't need much to convince me that the vaccine is dangerous. I look at it from the perspective of one who actually went into anaphylactic shock from inoculations on two occasions. Once in January 1973 when I entered Basic Training in the Army and once again in August 1983 when I was given clindamycin during a surgery. I will always be a skeptic when it comes to injections of anything.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Considering the alternative, my wife and I will be getting it as soon as we can but, certainly not anywhere but at my doctors office which also happens to be at the hospital so if anything does happen, we are right there where it can be addressed promptly.

The alternative is this.. We personally know of 3 people who succumbed to Covid and none had 'underlying issues' either and a 4th who survived (but was on a ventilator and to this day is basically a non functioning human. Guy across the road contracted it on an Elk hunt and spent 3 weeks in bed and again, to this day, he's always tired and has no energy as it permanently damages your lung's ability to aspirate oxygen to sustain life.

Weighing the pro's and con's, we will get it as soon as we can. I don't like the flip side at all.

Besides, I'm getting tired of running around looking like a bank robber all the time...

I will say there is one good aspect of mask wearing and that is, if you are a gal and ugly, no one can tell... 😀

Reactions: 2 users

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I don't need much to convince me that the vaccine is dangerous
The CDC advice agrees that you as an individual should not get the vaccine due to a prior adverse vaccine reaction (the later antibiotic reaction is largely irrelevant to this discussion). But in no way does your personal unique (1 in a 10,000) experience with a different vaccine 50 years ago mean that this vaccine for a different virus using different technology 50 years later is "dangerous" for the other 9,999. They need to assess their own vaccine history and talk with their own doctor.

Reactions: 1 users

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I'm in but pretty sure it won't happen anytime soon so plenty of time to change my mind. Judging from the amount of deaths due to the virus the odds are on the side of the vaccine right now.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I'm in but pretty sure it won't happen anytime soon so plenty of time to change my mind. Judging from the amount of deaths due to the virus the odds are on the side of the vaccine right now.
Unless you have some comorbidities, you have nothing to worry about. The death rate is .002% and 80% of those are people over 65 with comorbidities.

Status
Not open for further replies.