Status
Not open for further replies.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
This virus affects everyone differently.

My brother, his wife, and 12 people in a small company in Colo. all got the virus. One guy took his wife out to eat and had a babysitter come over to watch the two children. A few days later the babysitter was determined to be carrying the virus. By then it was too late, all the folks at his workplace ended up sick. My SIL said it was flu like symptoms. My brother was slow about doing any complaining and ended up in the hospital with oxygen level of 85. They put him on an IV on some meds. One day later, when I called, he said he felt 1000 times better then when he came in, but had to stay there for 5 days for the treatment. He was complaining because there was nothing to read, no newspaper, no magazines! After the five days he felt fine, and still does. That was a month ago. No one else in that group had any serious problems.

There has to be variables about each person's health that science currently has no understanding of.

MNVikingsGuy, My comment about a first person example was in reference to doctors. "... because your doctor says something doesn't make it so!!

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
I've got my badge on my right arm from the smallpox vaccine that eradicated that threat... I'll be lined up for this one when it's our turn.

Reactions: 2 users

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
armylifter, i respect your views and commentary on this site.... but......How is taking the COVID vaccine going to increase the risk of acquiring HIV??

You know of any documented cases of it? Any documentation stating such?

I reacted to an allergy shot 40+ years ago but nurse knew what to do and all turned out fine.
ehenry, I read a story in forbes that mentioned an increased risk of HIV from the vaccine development. Here is a link to that story.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm letting this go (it's on the ban list), because everyone is being civil in their conversations, keep it up!

As someone that keeps and open mind and cares about his family, I'm ready for a vaccine, if for nothing else to try and get us all back in some semblance of normalcy.

Reactions: 2 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I've got my badge on my right arm from the smallpox vaccine that eradicated that threat... I'll be lined up for this one when it's our turn.
Hey I've got one of those too... it's was smallpox, mumps, or rubella, not really sure... Dang air guns.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'll probably get it IF I don't have to give THEM my DNA.. So far EVERYONE who has been 'swabbed' ( testing for 19) , HAS given the guv, every 3 letter dept, drug companies, insureance companies and others their DNA. In fact , anyone who wants it can just buy your code of life...

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I'll probably get it IF I don't have to give THEM my DNA.. So far EVERYONE who has been 'swabbed' ( testing for 19) , HAS given the guv, every 3 letter dept, drug companies, insureance companies and others their DNA. In fact , anyone who wants it can just buy your code of life...
Normally I would say (and hope its true) that your just being paranoid. At this point if its true its not paranoia.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
ehenry, I read a story in forbes that mentioned an increased risk of HIV from the vaccine development. Here is a link to that story.

Thanks for the link armylifer. If you read that it gives you another useful link

This one includes the information as to which of the current vaccines contain the specific adenovirus vector that was associated with increased risk of HIV. They are NOT the ones currently being rolled out, the Pfizer vaccine or the Moderna vaccine, or even the Astra Zeneca vaccine. It will always pay to check out the fine details of any medical treatment.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Thanks for the link armylifer. If you read that it gives you another useful link

This one includes the information as to which of the current vaccines contain the specific adenovirus vector that was associated with increased risk of HIV. They are NOT the ones currently being rolled out, the Pfizer vaccine or the Moderna vaccine, or even the Astra Zeneca vaccine. It will always pay to check out the fine details of any medical treatment.
Mary, I previously read that article you posted. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy nut but I think some of that article that you posted is damage control.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Wifes employer chose to make it mandatory for all employees. If an employee doesn't take the vaccine, they will be removed from the schedule indefinitely. 🤬🤬🤬
THAT is the part I have the biggest problem with.

Reactions: 1 users

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
As someone that keeps and open mind and cares about his family, I'm ready for a vaccine, if for nothing else to try and get us all back in some semblance of normalcy.
I've read (pretty sure it was Fauci saying it, along with some others) that even AFTER getting the vaccine you aren't necessarily protected from catching it or spreading it, so we're going to have to continue with masks and other restrictions. That doesn't seem anything like "normalcy" to me.

Reactions: 1 user

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
I've read (pretty sure it was Fauci saying it, along with some others) that even AFTER getting the vaccine you aren't necessarily protected from catching it or spreading it, so we're going to have to continue with masks and other restrictions. That doesn't seem anything like "normalcy" to me.
Only until herd immunity is achieved. So basically we will continue to be asked to wear masks until everyone has the required number of shots and the proper time period for our immune systems to grow the antibodies (which is about 3 weeks after the second shot or something like that). I've heard estimates of July(ish) 2021.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I think Daren’s wife is working in a nursing home, so might be a little different scenario. He can correct me if I am wrong.
I saw in the local news that several business owners, mostly restaurant owners, will require their employees to get the vaccine when it is available. It sounds like financial coercion to me. Threatening one's financial security unless they get the vaccine.

Reactions: 1 user

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I saw in the local news that several business owners, mostly restaurant owners, will require their employees to get the vaccine when it is available. It sounds like financial coercion to me. Threatening one's financial security unless they get the vaccine.
Until about 15 years ago a half a dozen vaccines were required to go to school. Certain travel requires vaccines, medical facilities have often required vaccines. Nothing new here. No different than requiring safety equipment on the job. (and believe me we have had employees quit over that too).

Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I sort of assume based on no empirical data at some point most employers will require it. The cost to businesses of quarantined and sick workers is astronomical (at least where I work). Just the quarantining of “exposed” employees is a kick in the head for us. If a vaccinated employee doesn’t require post exposure quarantine (don’t know what they’ll require with that) it’s likely to be mandatory or close to it. Other than that, due to my age and health I’m pretty far down the list of people to be vaccinated so not too worried about it by the time they get around to me. With it starting to roll out en masse, I expect we’ll know how safe it is shortly.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I sort of assume based on no empirical data at some point most employers will require it. The cost to businesses of quarantined and sick workers is astronomical (at least where I work). Just the quarantining of “exposed” employees is a kick in the head for us. If a vaccinated employee doesn’t require post exposure quarantine (don’t know what they’ll require with that) it’s likely to be mandatory or close to it. Other than that, due to my age and health I’m pretty far down the list of people to be vaccinated so not too worried about it by the time they get around to me. With it starting to roll out en masse, I expect we’ll know how safe it is shortly.
There is more than anectdotal evidence that the vaccine is not safe enough for everyone to take it yet. Just today I read about a hospital in Chicago that stopped injections for the staff because of adverse reactions to the serum.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I see the local supermarket (Kroger) has antibody test kits on sale by the pharmacy for 25 bucks a pop.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Guess I have then. Got the up the nose deal a couple weeks ago. Negative result.. At my age, my DNA ain't worth squat anyway. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.