What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
This has nothing Kubota related.
I started to post a picture of me using my old Husky rider to bag my leaves in west Tennessee, as a counter to all you guys posting your snow pictures.
View attachment 92664
This was Tuesday. Leaves started piling in front of the mower deck and when I backed up to clear them, I discovered they had gotten to the muffler. Aided by my neighbor and hindered by the fact I had disconnected the hoses and capped the hydrants, we did get it out.

Quite a contrast to your snow. It was about -2° this morning, so yard work is out. So, for the rest of the winter I can be reminded how dumb I am. I think any thatch problem I might have had is cured.
WOW-that's my late October weather you just quoted ! ;-)

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I started to post a picture of me using my old Husky rider to bag my leaves in west Tennessee, as a counter to all you guys posting your snow pictures.
View attachment 92664
This was Tuesday. Leaves started piling in front of the mower deck and when I backed up to clear them, I discovered they had gotten to the muffler. Aided by my neighbor and hindered by the fact I had disconnected the hoses and capped the hydrants, we did get it out.

Quite a contrast to your snow. It was about -2° this morning, so yard work is out. So, for the rest of the winter I can be reminded how dumb I am. I think any thatch problem I might have had is cured.
Burn the rest of it, so it looks like it was on purpose.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
View attachment 92664

Had you told us it was part of a prescribed burn I would have bought it hook, line and sinker. I bought the local fire department about $150 worth of barbeque a couple of years ago to thank them for helping me out when a prescribed burn went south ... literally! :oops:

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
View attachment 92664

Two yrs ago in the fall, a person in a small rural housing development decided to burn a small pile of leaves in the back corner of his 2.5 acre lot in a well established area with nice trees, hedges, etc. It had been bone dry for quite some time and a burning ban in effect as well. Apparently he lit the small pile of leaves and left it unattended.

Soon that neighborhood was full of smoke. The wind had come up and spread the fire across his next door neighbors yard. They couldn't stop the spread between themselves and soon two separate fire departments were on scene. They saved the neighbor's back yard shed and were able to stop the spread just before it got into a heavily wooded area two neighbor's downwind from the original starting point.

The next door neighbor's back yard was all burned down to ground. I'm sure he lost his nice hedge, or most of it, and most likely a couple of nice trees as well. He was NOT happy with the careless neighbor!
Had the fire got into the heavily wooded tree claim area....all bets were off if it could have been stopped.

I have always waited until after a heavy rainfall to burn. Especially after witnessing the above.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
No snow and the driveway needed a little tlc so I back dragged with the bucket to level it out.
20221223_131341.jpg

Looked at a new 20' K-Trail trailer. Looks like a new year purchase.
20221223_115501.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was out moving snow again, and given the abysmal fuel efficiency of the MX I decided to experiment with engine rpm while blowing snow. The objective is to move snow away from where you don't want it, and since the blower worked just fine at 2,200rpm rather than the 2,600-2,700rpm indicated on the tachometer, I think I'll run it like this again.

I have no idea how much more fuel efficient it'll be but I can assure you that the noise in the cab is greatly reduced.

mx6000_540rpm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I was out moving snow again, and given the abysmal fuel efficiency of the MX I decided to experiment with engine rpm while blowing snow. The objective is to move snow away from where you don't want it, and since the blower worked just fine at 2,200rpm rather than the 2,600-2,700rpm indicated on the tachometer, I think I'll run it like this again.

I have no idea how much more fuel efficient it'll be but I can assure you that the noise in the cab is greatly reduced.

View attachment 92684
Just don't try that lower RPM with wet heavy snow or you will be spending time changing shear bolts and unclogging the chute. Dry fluffy snow you should be OK.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Just don't try that lower RPM with wet heavy snow or you will be spending time changing shear bolts and unclogging the chute. Dry fluffy snow you should be OK.
For sure let the snow tell you what you need to do, but as long as the blower is sending it far enough away from where it's laying then all is good. No need to run the engine/pto to 540rpm if it's not necessary. That's increased fuel consumption and noise with no benefit.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
1474E50B-1DD2-4F07-B3B1-12BCA6A3D0AC.jpeg
9B340582-E980-4F90-908F-AA75C46F90A2.jpeg
1E6BF461-08D1-4F05-AFC8-3BE0570A7DD4.jpeg

No snow here. Cold rain followed by deep freeze and the wind that came with it. A few trees on power lines. VERY minor compared to many other areas. But it was the first time we actually used the 16kW PTO generator that supplanted a 5kW portable. Of course we had tested it. This was its first real deployment.

All involved clearly understand this isn’t 200 amp service, however it’s enough to run the well pump (unlike the 5kW) and pretty much go on as normal so long as no one gets stupid. The 5kW ran the heat and refrigeration units via a spaghetti of drop cords but little else, so this was a huge upgrade. Being able to run the well pump is kind of a big deal as is adding a transfer switch instead of stringing drop cords.

Very pleased with the performance and ease of setup. Ran it for about 3 hours, then power back on. 10 minutes later, power back off. 2 more hours of generator and power back on to stay. 🫰

Probably wouldn’t have run it that much if we didn’t have guests for the holidays and a first run of new equipment.

Reactions: 12 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
View attachment 92718 View attachment 92719 View attachment 92720
No snow here. Cold rain followed by deep freeze and the wind that came with it. A few trees on power lines. VERY minor compared to many other areas. But it was the first time we actually used the 16kW PTO generator that supplanted a 5kW portable. Of course we had tested it. This was its first real deployment.

All involved clearly understand this isn’t 200 amp service, however it’s enough to run the well pump (unlike the 5kW) and pretty much go on as normal so long as no one gets stupid. The 5kW ran the heat and refrigeration units via a spaghetti of drop cords but little else, so this was a huge upgrade. Being able to run the well pump is kind of a big deal as is adding a transfer switch instead of stringing drop cords.

Very pleased with the performance and ease of setup. Ran it for about 3 hours, then power back on. 10 minutes later, power back off. 2 more hours of generator and power back on to stay. 🫰

Probably wouldn’t have run it that much if we didn’t have guests for the holidays and a first run of new equipment.
I like that. Can you share a little more info on it? Manufacturer, where to buy. Did it come with that mount and 3 pt hook up or is that something purchased elsewhere?

Thanks

Edit: Never mind.......found it.

Last edited:

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
View attachment 92718 View attachment 92719 View attachment 92720

A very worthwhile investment. I have a Propane unit that just kicked in and will probably be on until morning. We're getting high winds and rain and still have a lot of weakened infrastructure and trees from Fiona.

Reactions: 1 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I have a LP generac with the automatic transfer. It came on for 5 mins yesterday at 1:00pm. I have a 10kw pto I built with a HF head and a transmission running backwards years ago. It worked OK but as the NCL4701 said a lot of cord dragging and getting the tractor out. At 68 I decided to invest in 2021 and add the generac because then the well would run too. That water and bathroom use really factor in when you have a day like today at 2 degrees and the wind blowing, you aren't going to want to go outside!

Bill

Reactions: 2 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I have a LP generac with the automatic transfer. It came on for 5 mins yesterday at 1:00pm. I have a 10kw pto I built with a HF head and a transmission running backwards years ago. It worked OK but as the NCL4701 said a lot of cord dragging and getting the tractor out. At 68 I decided to invest in 2021 and add the generac because then the well would run too. That water and bathroom use really factor in when you have a day like today at 2 degrees and the wind blowing, you aren't going to want to go outside!

Bill
Yeah, its handy.

I have the Generac also (just put in this year). Run it off of Propane (250 gal. tank).

But I'd still like to have a PTO driven generator to power my shop and as back up for the Generac should I have a problem.

GenSet1.jpg

Generac Transfer Switch.jpg

I could use my 10Kw Portable (gas) unit....but its kind of a pain to drag out and set up, not to mention finding fuel for it can be a problem if the area is out of power for days.

Big Red1.jpg
Big Red3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Yeah, its handy.

I have the Generac also (just put in this year). Run it off of Propane (250 gal. tank).

But I'd still like to have a PTO driven generator to power my shop and as back up for the Generac should I have a problem.

View attachment 92734
View attachment 92735

I could use my 10Kw Portable (gas) unit....but its kind of a pain to drag out and set up, not to mention finding fuel for it can be a problem is the area is out of power for days.

View attachment 92736 View attachment 92737
It is 2 degrees here now. The generac is set to exercise at noon Saturdays. I have the cold weather battery and oil filter heaters. It will be interesting to see if it starts OK today.

Bill

Reactions: 2 users