What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Removed the WM WC46, putting it on its dolly made from putting steel castors on the shipping container.

Put the RB on. Have the top hook now just bolted in one place that works for everything. Cannot use the Cat 1/2 and 2/3 bushings because the arms are just short enough that the keepers won't go in place.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The snow is really starting to pile up on the lower driveway where I push rather than blow it. I spent about 30 minutes pushing as much over the edge as possible to make room for the next round of snow. Having the hydraulic snow blade far out in front makes it easier to keep all four wheels on the ground and reduce the likelihood of going over the edge which would not be fun! The driveway is steep and the drop off on the left side heading downhill is no joke. When I'm plowing I have to be careful and not get too near the edge.

View attachment 92576
In the spring I would be thinking about putting some form of guard rail along that section of the driveway. It might be expensive, but what is your life worth to be more comfortable when it comes to safely clearing the driveway? A guard rail would also provide safety to the rest of the family that traverses that section after it has been cleared. I have seen plow trucks get too close to the edge and start to go over the edge, and if it wasn't for the grace of G-d, they could have gone all the way and been seriously injured or killed. Plowing that driveway isn't for the faint of heart.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Thanks. I really have to pay attention when I get near the edge. Would be nice if someone made an hydraulic snow blade with hydraulic offset, kind of like my flail mower. Then I could push lots of snow over without risking rolling the tractor. Rolling over the edge would most likely prove fatal, particularly on the upper half of the driveway where it's a long way down to the road.
A wing like what are on snow plows is what comes to mind. Don't know if I have ever seen one mounted on a tractor.

Reactions: 1 users

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Hit the back woods trail again after the latest rounds of snow. Nice to have a calm wind today, can relax at the controls a bit without ice dust flying back at me and all over the place. It does not seem top matter which way the wind is howling some days, it just swirls and has me cursing whatever direction the chute is facing.

The temps are up to around only -20C today and that's also keeping the snow dry and grippy. Hate slipping around on these R4s when its around freezing in wet snow. They can suck for traction, but not enough yet to invest in a set of chains. The wet snow season is usually short here in MB and we get into the fluffy cold dry stuff soon enough like today's job.

Reactions: 7 users

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Replaced my 10 year old original battery in my B2920. Old one would still start tractors if I used it every couple of days or so, but more than that and it was starting to cause problems. I figured that 10 years was enough.

Danl1957

Equipment
Bx2380, fel, rear blade, mower, winch, JD 318, HD road king, sportster, boats
Sep 12, 2022
Vermont
Hi all,

With my almost 4 year old grandson here for Christmas, I used the bx2380 to pile snow making a sliding hill. Will add more to the pile today.
😁

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
In the spring I would be thinking about putting some form of guard rail along that section of the driveway. It might be expensive, but what is your life worth to be more comfortable when it comes to safely clearing the driveway? A guard rail would also provide safety to the rest of the family that traverses that section after it has been cleared. I have seen plow trucks get too close to the edge and start to go over the edge, and if it wasn't for the grace of G-d, they could have gone all the way and been seriously injured or killed. Plowing that driveway isn't for the faint of heart.
When I bought this place there was a t-post/barbed wire fence down the entire length of the driveway but many of the posts were twisted and bent due to snow plows that the previous owner either used or hired. I pulled that fence out shortly after moving here. Maybe some markers but they'd get bent or broken for sure. I just need to pay attention to the wheels of the tractor and make sure that they're on solid ground.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Hit the back woods trail again after the latest rounds of snow. Nice to have a calm wind today, can relax at the controls a bit without ice dust flying back at me and all over the place. It does not seem top matter which way the wind is howling some days, it just swirls and has me cursing whatever direction the chute is facing.

The temps are up to around only -20C today and that's also keeping the snow dry and grippy. Hate slipping around on these R4s when its around freezing in wet snow. They can suck for traction, but not enough yet to invest in a set of chains. The wet snow season is usually short here in MB and we get into the fluffy cold dry stuff soon enough like today's job.

Brave guy driving a tractor in -20*C with one hand, and about to lose his glove off the hood and falling into the driveway, not to be seen until April (or never if you catch it with the blower on the way back down the driveway, LOL!!!)

Enjoyed the video.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

nbryan

Equipment
Jan 3, 2019
Brave guy driving a tractor in -20*C with one hand, and about to lose his glove off the hood and falling into the driveway, not to be seen until April (or never if you catch it with the blower on the way back down the driveway, LOL!!!)

Enjoyed the video.
Lol I was waiting for the glove to get commented on, as i had to remove it to operate my smartphone camera. And yes, one-handed for a short bit, and even handsfree momentarily with my left knee on the steering in order to transfer the phone to the left so I could raise the blower a bit to free from a hidden stump I jammed against. And the split brake steering control is also very well used by me, as the front wheels don't get a good grip with the blower resting on the ground.
My hands are built for coid it seems, just takes one or 2 rounds of them getting cold and achy in the late fall and they're good to go for a winter of abuse with the gloves off as much as possible. I hate working with gloves especially around tools.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Lol I was waiting for the glove to get commented on, as i had to remove it to operate my smartphone camera. And yes, one-handed for a short bit, and even handsfree momentarily with my left knee on the steering in order to transfer the phone to the left so I could raise the blower a bit to free from a hidden stump I jammed against. And the split brake steering control is also very well used by me, as the front wheels don't get a good grip with the blower resting on the ground.
My hands are built for coid it seems, just takes one or 2 rounds of them getting cold and achy in the late fall and they're good to go for a winter of abuse with the gloves off as much as possible. I hate working with gloves especially around tools.
Good job not losing the glove. I would've lost that thing 50' back and probably never seen it again, LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

Brings back memories of my days blowing snow on the BX25. I never had hydraulic chute rotation though but was going to add it prior to selling the tractor. I have no problem with R4 tires on gravel or asphalt, and my driveways are steeper than most.

Reactions: 1 user

nbryan

Equipment
Jan 3, 2019
Brings back memories of my days blowing snow on the BX25. I never had hydraulic chute rotation though but was going to add it prior to selling the tractor. I have no problem with R4 tires on gravel or asphalt, and my driveways are steeper than most.
Yes, the R4s are a great solid surface tire, made for that actually, yet they're plenty grippy enough in most mud and dryer snow, too.
This time ofyear I put the backhoe on the back so I can get myself unstuck from almost any situation the machine ends up sliding into, like a ditch bank on a 0C snowy day that no amount of gentle coaxing can be simply driven out of.
But with the real cold now its back to good grip again. Although the wet summer has left the back 80 tamarack grove quite soft and wet beneath the 1 1/2 ft of snow so until I've cleared our firewood work area with the blower the BH77 will stay on the back. Nothing like sinking to the axle between tamarack roots in the moss bog and popping it out in a few seconds with the BH. Once the deep frezze has solidified where I've disturbed and blown the snow around the box scraper and loader/forks go back on. I strap my 3-point trailer receiver on top of the BB1560 box blade for storage, having handy to swap out with the scraper for log skidding and trailer work, and around 80lbs added weight on the boxblade.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Yes, the R4s are a great solid surface tire, made for that actually, yet they're plenty grippy enough in most mud and dryer snow, too.
This time ofyear I put the backhoe on the back so I can get myself unstuck from almost any situation the machine ends up sliding into, like a ditch bank on a 0C snowy day that no amount of gentle coaxing can be simply driven out of.
But with the real cold now its back to good grip again. Although the wet summer has left the back 80 tamarack grove quite soft and wet beneath the 1 1/2 ft of snow so until I've cleared our firewood work area with the blower the BH77 will stay on the back. Nothing like sinking to the axle between tamarack roots in the moss bog and popping it out in a few seconds with the BH. Once the deep frezze has solidified where I've disturbed and blown the snow around the box scraper and loader/forks go back on. I strap my 3-point trailer receiver on top of the BB1560 box blade for storage, having handy to swap out with the scraper for log skidding and trailer work, and around 80lbs added weight on the boxblade.
I have 600lb of wheel weights and rear Rim Guard and the weight of the rear snow blower plus loader and hydraulic snow blade up front so I'm sure all of this weight helps me to maintain traction without chains or studs. If it's ice it's a different story and studs would be my preference.

Thanks for posting that video though. Blowing snow is about as fun as it gets on a tractor ... while sitting in a warm cab of course! :p

Last edited:

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
I have 600lb of wheel weights and rear Rim Guard and the weight of the rear snow blower plus loader and hydraulic snow blower up front so I'm sure all of this weight helps me to maintain traction without chains or studs...
My area is dead flat, so no grades to contend with. The BX2380 with R4 tires, front loader and 300 pound ballast box serves me quite well. No problems over the past winters.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
This has nothing Kubota related.
I started to post a picture of me using my old Husky rider to bag my leaves in west Tennessee, as a counter to all you guys posting your snow pictures.
Screenshot_20221223-092520-276.png

This was Tuesday. Leaves started piling in front of the mower deck and when I backed up to clear them, I discovered they had gotten to the muffler. Aided by my neighbor and hindered by the fact I had disconnected the hoses and capped the hydrants, we did get it out.

Quite a contrast to your snow. It was about -2° this morning, so yard work is out. So, for the rest of the winter I can be reminded how dumb I am. I think any thatch problem I might have had is cured.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users