What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I checked out my snow and about 5-6 inches but the driveway has about an inch of slush under it so I am going to wait it out. If there is a lot more i will try to push it around tomorrow. Just wish it was froze underneath.

Sure it will just stick to the blade and not roll!

Bill
Bill, i`m not sure where you are in NY, but its going down to 22 degrees tonight, i don`t think it will freeze with all the snow you got there. I wish it WOULD freeze, as that would slow the drifting down, too.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Bill, i`m not sure where you are in NY, but its going down to 22 degrees tonight, i don`t think it will freeze with all the snow you got there. I wish it WOULD freeze, as that would slow the drifting down, too.
I'm in cortland county up on a hill so we have been getting some wind today. I have the TV antenna on about a 30' ft tower and if it blows a lot it must ratchet the rotor so signals get bad. I have to do do an "initialize" which takes it back to start and the presets work again. Nights like this I might have to do it again during the evening depending on what wife is watching. No cable on my spot on the road and never felt the need for a dish. Over the air tv or OTT for me!

Bill

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'm in cortland county up on a hill so we have been getting some wind today. I have the TV antenna on about a 30' ft tower and if it blows a lot it must ratchet the rotor so signals get bad. I have to do do an "initialize" which takes it back to start and the presets work again. Nights like this I might have to do it again during the evening depending on what wife is watching. No cable on my spot on the road and never felt the need for a dish. Over the air tv or OTT for me!

Bill
" Over the air tv or OTT for me! " That's good enough.(y)

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
We’re on vacation this week so haven’t seen the L in a few days but we’re on a second close to home trip with our new camper to fine tune a few procedures and processes. Close enough to home it was practical to visit a nearby Kubota dealer and make a purchase, so that’s what we spent much of the day doing.

We were looking for a lawn mower but something better quality than the various color MTD’s at the big box stores. We have a 15 year old Cub zero turn which looks like crap and has about 1000 hours on it, but runs fine. Wife drives it but HATES zero turns so she’s wanted another mid mount mower on a conventional tractor for a few years. Our adult son and his girlfriend recently moved to one of the other houses on the property and he loves the Cub zero turn so we gave that to them.

Test drove a BX1880, GR2120, and a T2290. Neither of us had ever driven any of those models. Had months of discussion with the wife about what she really wanted and what uses she had for it where a small machine would fit better than the L4701. At the end of all that, what she really, really wanted was a nice lawn tractor type lawn mower.

The GR was the only one I didn’t much care for. The only ones the dealer had were diesels so they were nice and expensive. Only a couple grand less than the BX (without loader). I didn’t like treadle layout or responsiveness. A bit jerky compared to my L. Wife couldn’t quite figure out a comfortable way to use it with her relatively small foot.

The BX felt like driving a tractor. A very small tractor, but a tractor. The treadle is different than the GR and different than our L but it was quite intuitive and silky smooth. Very nice machine.

The T came across as designed similar to lower cost machines, all belt drive, no PTO, no 4WD, Kawasaki gas engine… but done right with the quality I expect in a Kubota product.

One thing we like about both the GR and T was the reverse cut out override has to be pushed once per session to allow mowing in reverse (not every time you back up). That’s important on our property.

The BX is a sweet little machine but too much for what we need to compliment the L we already have. The GR just isn’t it for us. So this is being delivered Thursday when we get back home. Will post a photo or two when it shows up.
FCA12D29-777B-496F-AA34-5AD490BB05CF.jpeg

Only problem spending so much time at the dealership with the wife. Now, she wants one of these and I’m having a hard time figuring out why not other than she already has a two seater Mule.

7EB5C469-7822-4ECB-A5C7-6D9C6D1F5716.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
We got about 8" of wet snow with soft gravel under it. Due to get cold with dry snow tonight and tomorrow. So I did a rough job getting the wet stuff off w/o digging the gravel hoping it might freeze up a little before we get the rest.

P1020139_1.JPG

gg

Reactions: 8 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well, that’s one way to keep out unwanted visitors. For any with 2WD and many with 4WD with street tires that looks like flypaper for vehicles.
Yea we've been doing this for quite a few years, so were well accustomed to spring breakup season!
I will be so happy if we can finally get some rock put down this year.

Reactions: 2 users

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
We cleared the driveway twice yesterday.
We got around 20" of snow.
The driveway is not frozen so I made a mess.
Keep digging in to the gravel and putting it on the lawn for safe storage.
The snow was very heavy and wet. Sometimes the snowblower acted like a plow and pushed the pile along. Had to speed up a bit to get it to dig in.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
We cleared the driveway twice yesterday.
We got around 20" of snow.
The driveway is not frozen so I made a mess.
Keep digging in to the gravel and putting it on the lawn for safe storage.
The snow was very heavy and wet. Sometimes the snowblower acted like a plow and pushed the pile along. Had to speed up a bit to get it to dig in.
Same here but I stop between my paved driveway and recycled asphalt driveway and lower my skids so I don’t scrape the loose stuff.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
RC, you are probably less than an hour straight east of me. Unbelievable what the difference is. We`ve got maybe an inch or so, but the winds are horrendous over here between Seneca & Cayuga lake in Schuyler county.

Nonetheless, we both lucked out with this storm! I`m not even going to get our BX23s out.
20 inches. Doing the wash, rinse, repeat with the plow. Third plow in a hour or so when the sun rises. Got up at 4 AM to feed the generator. No estimate from power company when they will get to this area.
Moved tractor from shed to driveway the other day. Good thing as when I went to plow back to the shed the heavy snow and mud had the tires spinning and making a mess.

• Wow

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
20 inches. Doing the wash, rinse, repeat with the plow. Third plow in a hour or so when the sun rises. Got up at 4 AM to feed the generator. No estimate from power company when they will get to this area.
Moved tractor from shed to driveway the other day. Good thing as when I went to plow back to the shed the heavy snow and mud had the tires spinning and making a mess.

I have snowblowers and plows on both the tractors I have here at my house and so far this year I haven't had to get either of them out to plow snow. I don't want to jinx myself but since it's the middle of March it looks like we might have tweaked by this year without any snow to deal with.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You WIN !

But, man, would I have loved to see that when I was just a lad with my dirt bike. Rooster tails and big slides right up to the point where the owner would find us.
Oh heck yea, But I do that in the truck when I have to get out! Just as much fun! 😁

• Haha

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
RC, you are probably less than an hour straight east of me. Unbelievable what the difference is. We`ve got maybe an inch or so, but the winds are horrendous over here between Seneca & Cayuga lake in Schuyler county.

Nonetheless, we both lucked out with this storm! I`m not even going to get our BX23s out.
Yep - - I like your neck of the woods. Finger Lakes is a nice area.

Bill A/K/A Chanceywd is between us, as he mentioned. I got about the same snow yesterday that he did.

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
Cleaned up from the storm with the rear blade. We only got around 6 inches of wet snow. Parts of the driveway were clear others not so much. All considered we got lucky on this one. Lights flickered a few times but we never lost power.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If anyone is interested in a parts list to my kickstand build for my rear 3pt 6` blade, here you go.
I have added a galvanized 3/4in top cap on the top (that was not in the picture)
Adding the cap will keep the pipe from falling thru the mount flange.
If i missed something, let me know, i`ll post it.

Hopefully this will help some folks out here looking for a simple kickstand idea.
Everything was bought at my local Lowes

Pipe

Bottom Flange

Mount

Top Cap

Cotterless Hitch Pin

Flange Mount Bolts (3/8 x 16 x 1-1/2)

View attachment 97894
I am partial to these "push to release" pins because they don't come loose unless you want them to by pushing the center pin. I know that they are available from Zoro and other sources.
push to release hitch pin.jpg

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Finally had the air ride seat installed and picked up the rear blade for light ditching, driveway stone work and snow removal. I have the camo seat cover for the factory suspension seat - I’ll give it to anyone that can use it.

7B8DEE5C-A0BB-4B50-83A5-F6CBFD152AF3.jpeg

497850B1-094C-4CF1-B0FF-BF4A0B084101.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Push a bit of snow from another "Storm of the century" that didn't amount to much of anything. No frost so I had to skim the driveway so all of my gravel didn't end up on my lawn.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
That's a rugged looking blade. What model is it?
RBT3584. Oh how I wish I had more remotes installed when I bought the tractor.