What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Had a mix of snow, freezing rain then rain and its supposed to drop below freezing again so I blew a bit of snow.

20230210_170639.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
After L35 came over and made the last cuts in the trunk of one of the big oaks that was down, I was able to finish cutting through with my electric chainsaw. Used the grapple to roll the trunk to get at the uncut parts. Those last 5 pieces have to weigh 2 tons. I barely could lift the bottom piece - the relief valve was screaming.
Moved them off the lawn into the woods. Now just about 30' left of the second big oak to cut and move.
Of course there has been a price to pay for all this woodsey work. Without much effort I bent up my step - replaced already.
I was able to get the fel cylinders 'out of step'. Fortunately found a previous thread that shows how to get them back in alignment with a block of wood.
I managed to blow the fuse in my automated ssqa when swapping the grapple for the bucket. Didn't realize, 1 the fel arms were kaka and 2 one of the top tabs wasn't engaged because of it. I was so absorbed in watching the pins engage I didn't notice. Then everything got bound and the fuse blew.

All in all a good project.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Post Oak blew over into the edge of the Fish Pond. Not quite sure how I'm going to go about cutting it up and removed, but confident it will involve the tractor is some way.

View attachment 95519
94A9F80F-F7D3-4F4C-B025-FD4057B2E0D6.jpeg
2C3474A5-FFD0-4A05-A3CA-71350F2AC4C2.jpeg
D34E1A6A-3CE8-4884-A110-D01514CCFD05.jpeg

Had a similar size pine in our pond a couple years ago. A snatch block to double drawbar pull eased it out. Turned out biggest issue was the branches were driven into the muddy bottom so it took quite a bit more force to break it out than the force required to skid it across solid ground. If you have access to a skidder, might be the way to go on that one.

Reactions: 1 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
View attachment 95644 View attachment 95645 View attachment 95646
Had a similar size pine in our pond a couple years ago. A snatch block to double drawbar pull eased it out. Turned out biggest issue was the branches were driven into the muddy bottom so it took quite a bit more force to break it out than the force required to skid it across solid ground. If you have access to a skidder, might be the way to go on that one.
Yep, that will be the trouble with mine as well (limbs jammed into the mud). I can top it out pretty well from the flat-bottom boat and my pole saw....but the trunk splits off into two sections, so separating those from a boat wouldn't be easy.

And when I cut the root ball loose the end of the trunk is going to fall down into the mud and be jammed there too.

I have a good sturdy tree nearby to anchor to though. I've got plenty of 3/4" cable and pulleys (old logging equipment) to lift the end of the trunk. But its going to be one of those deals where I have to take it out in pieces no matter what equipment is used. Its just all in the pond and its wet and soft all around it right now.

Guess I could wait until this summer....and if like last summer (severe drought) the pond will go down about 3' and I could walk right out the root ball and first part of the trunk. :confused:

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Really good week for collecting sap…19 degrees this morning but it’s warming up quick with sun out…First boil of the year…I had lots of help.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

ScottHam

Equipment
Kubota L3560HST-LE 4WD; R4 tires; Armstrong Ag BRG-mini grapple; 1272 box blade
Jul 9, 2022
Texas Hill Country
Added ~350 lbs to my box blade, then spread some topsoil. Getting ready to plant some sunflowers in anticipation of dove season here in the Texas Hill Country.
weight for box blade.jpg
spreading topsoil.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Some Orange today...

Ready to rip some brush

U27 Brush clearing.JPG

Brush hauling:

Got Forks 2.JPG

Made some room in the back bay for the mini to stay covered. Decided to park my truck across the high opening to offer a bit of concealment as well. My main garage doors (header) as about an inch shy of what I need to get it fully indoors. I may have to redo my garage doors to something larger.

U27 Den 2.JPG

U27 Den 1.JPG

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Air filter service today.

11FF7AED-D85F-4935-A11F-4EC23EA35616.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
I pushed back the frozen snow banks around the door yard parking so that they were down over the fill banks so the water we are supposed to get this week has somewhere to run and not pool up.

gg

Reactions: 1 user

Gary Olson

Equipment
L2501 w/FEL and grapple, 3pt auger
Mar 10, 2022
Mark Twain Forest
I used the bucket to hold up a tow hitch to the frame of the pickup so I could bolt it in. Better than jack stands and straps and other widgetry.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Did a little firewood yesterday. The electric company cut down a couple trees and I used the Kubota and grapple to get the "logs" out of the woods. I don't know why they cut the tree up and why they cut the blocks all in different sizes. These four were close to the same size.

13_11_09.jpg

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Found there was a fuel leak from around the fuel filter area and it had left a diesel-soaked 3 foot circle in my gravel-floored hoop shed overnight since being parked there afternoon before. Was on my way to town so so stuck a clean bucket under the drip and got on it upon return, expecting to find that my bush logging work and resultant loose brush and sticks had bust the filter housing.
Drained what was left in the tank and it seemed like I'd lost most of half a tank of diesel to the gravel already overnight. Yukky mess in there, maybe be scooping some up with the loader and dump it at the burn pile, then replace with a good cover of clean gravel.

Anyway, I removed the filter housing and after a thorough cleaning and inspection without finding any damage I reassembled it carefully on the tractor and dumped a gallon of fresh diesel in the tanks and presto! NO LEAKS NOW so what the problem was is a bit of a mystery.

One thing that I noticed was I couldn't hand loosen the filter cup by hand for the life of me, needed a careful wrenching with a pipe wrench to break its threads free them I could spin it off.

I am guessing that the filter cup got jammed by a stiff branch resulting in it getting OVERtightened and threads got deformed just enough to allow fuel to drip past the o-ring.

It all ended well enough, though!

Except now I'm finding it's a $500 bill to buy a set of guard covers for the fuel filter and hydraulic and hst filters protection in the bush. Plus will the right-side HST filter cover plate protect the right side of the engine in front of the fuel filter, too? I've already had to replace a stick-broken rpm sender gauge once, and there's a lot more vulnerable components, wires and tubes there to be bush-whacked.

Looking at https://specialtyrepairscustommods.com/ mods covers for my B2650.

It's going to be less money and problems to invest in good undercairraige protection now than being broken and stuck in the bush and waiting for very pricey parts.

I'm SE of Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Any suggestions on a way to get this done? Looking for possible local fab shops worth checking out.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It was starting to look like spring over the weekend but then it snowed a couple of inches this morning so the MX got to earn its keep. It's getting close to the end of the second winter running the used SB1574 and I couldn't be happier with this model. It's been absolutely trouble free for two winters with only one shear bolt replacement early in the season and none last year that I can remember. It's definitely been used a lot more this year. I had to fix an issue when I first bought it due to neglect but it was an easy fix.

mx6000_snow_blowing_02-14-23.jpg

mx6000_sb1574.jpg

mx6000_sb1574_2.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
When blowing snow this morning the lever that controls chute rotation was acting up and getting stuck and I thought "here we go again with rear remote valves". After a quick inspection I realized that the cheap Tygon tubing that Kubota uses to prevent the levers from banging against the steel gates/guides had slid up the lever, and the damaged end shown below was preventing the lever from being moved rearward.

I slid the tubing off the lever, flipped it over, slid it back down onto the lever and all was good. There really doesn't need to be that much tubing on the lever to achieve the desired goal so maybe I'll cut it down and use clear silicone to stick it back on, with "stick" being the operative word.

Talking of those cheap lever handles, I've thought about cutting them down a bit, welding a threaded stud on the end and adding nice round aluminum balls as knobs rather than the cheap rubber pieces that keep pulling off. I used to do this thing with rifle bolt handles all the time, Remingtons in particular. I'd cut the factory bolt "knob" off, shape the handle, cut threads and put on a nice afterrmarket bolt knob.

lever.jpg

lever_cover.jpg

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
With Miata gone, the RTV 520 is parked now next to the B2601. Took the battery tender from the Miata and put it on the tractor. Put key to tractor by the tender so I don't start and forget to unplug the tender.

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
When blowing snow this morning the lever that controls chute rotation was acting up and getting stuck and I thought "here we go again with rear remote valves". After a quick inspection I realized that the cheap Tygon tubing that Kubota uses to prevent the levers from banging against the steel gates/guides had slid up the lever, and the damaged end shown below was preventing the lever from being moved rearward.

I slid the tubing off the lever, flipped it over, slid it back down onto the lever and all was good. There really doesn't need to be that much tubing on the lever to achieve the desired goal so maybe I'll cut it down and use clear silicone to stick it back on, with "stick" being the operative word.

Talking of those cheap lever handles, I've thought about cutting them down a bit, welding a threaded stud on the end and adding nice round aluminum balls as knobs rather than the cheap rubber pieces that keep pulling off. I used to do this thing with rifle bolt handles all the time, Remingtons in particular. I'd cut the factory bolt "knob" off, shape the handle, cut threads and put on a nice afterrmarket bolt knob.

View attachment 95896

View attachment 95897
Fancy cab tractor problems! My economy model just has a bunch of metal sticks with no protection other than paint. 🤣
A69177EB-9F65-48BA-B62A-2EA25C371BA6.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Fancy cab tractor problems! My economy model just has a bunch of metal sticks with no protection other than paint. 🤣 View attachment 95907
I guess Kubota figures that the cab is quieter than the open station therefore the customer is more likely to be bothered by the sound of a lever rattling against the metal gates. :LOL: Not a big deal and something easily addressed. My bigger concern was a possible problem with the valve but it was just an interference issue.

Come to think of it, I don't remember how the rear remote valve levers were on the MX6000 HST I used to own. For current owners, are the rear remote levers wrapped in tubing or plastic or simply bare like those shown above?

Last edited:

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I guess Kubota figures that the cab is quieter than the open station therefore the customer is more likely to be bothered by the sound of a lever rattling against the metal gates. :LOL:
There’s actually some merit to that. Mine could be constantly rattling like car keys in a clothes dryer and I’d never hear them.

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
NYS DEC did some clearing for a parking lot to access the Wildlife Management Area I border. They sold me the logs at $10/cord. Moved them today. Grapples are great! And my L4701 with backhoe scares me much less than my B2301 did—less tippy feeling for sure.

9B95A535-0D57-4221-8225-4D4640BEA5E7.jpeg

8E47CB34-D0AC-462D-B675-46AB473DEDDC.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

Farmersfarmer

Equipment
Kubota
Feb 12, 2023
Alabama
Didn't do anything on my own Kubota today but I watched my neighbor's son-in-law take out about 300' of new line fence as part of his apparent initial learning curve on their M7. Applying the brakes seemed to be overridden by the panic of trying to steer his way out of the problem.

I helped run that fence section just a few months back so I waited until I was out of sight before laughing hysterically.

• Haha
  • Wow