What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Didn't do anything on my own Kubota today but I watched my neighbor's son-in-law take out about 300' of new line fence as part of his apparent initial learning curve on their M7. Applying the brakes seemed to be overridden by the panic of trying to steer his way out of the problem.

I helped run that fence section just a few months back so I waited until I was out of sight before laughing hysterically.
Lesson #1: always do your learner driving in an open space.
Lesson #2: know how to stop/neutralize the danger.
(I may have 1 and 2 reversed)

Reactions: 1 users

Farmersfarmer

Equipment
Kubota
Feb 12, 2023
Alabama
"QUOTE"
Lesson #1: always do your learner driving in an open space.
Lesson #2: know how to stop/neutralize the danger.
(I may have 1 and 2 reversed)

Well, he's a young fellow yet so no real harm done. There's always going to be a learning curve and over the 50 years I've been farming I've seen my fair share in young fellows settling into a tractor seat for the first time. Some get it right away and others need more time. He'll eventually get the hang of it like we all did and will be working the fields like a pro before long. He actually started out on wide open ground but for some reason ended up running too close to the line fence to make his turn and probably panicked when he started latching onto the fence itself. Again, no real harm.

He's a fine young fellow and I've never been one to provide anything but support and encouragement for anyone learning a new skill.

Reactions: 7 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I spent a few hours Monday and Tuesday pulling trees to clear a building site. It rained last night so I took the opportunity to edit a little video and make my first post on youtube Pulling Trees

Let's see if it works.

Reactions: 4 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I spent a few hours Monday and Tuesday pulling trees to clear a building site. It rained last night so I took the opportunity to edit a little video and make my first post on youtube Pulling Trees

Let's see if it works.
Nice. Show a close up of what's one the pallet fork frame that pulls the trees, please.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Nice. Show a close up of what's one the pallet fork frame that pulls the trees, please.
Just 2 or 3 wraps of 5/16" (I think) log chain around the tree, hooked into another short length wrapped around the top fork frame rail.
I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.

Edit: here you go

IMG_20230216_120458849.jpg

Short piece with grab hooks on both ends around the frame and SSQA adapter. I usually have a piece of tubing on top of the frame to keep from cutting the chain on that corner. It must have fallen out - better go find it before somebody hits it with a mower!
Then I wrap that longer piece around the tree 2 or 3 times, hook itself, and hang the tail in the other hook.
I tried a BrushGrubber on the smaller stuff and it slipped up the tree most of the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Blew about 4" of powder. Get your mind out of the gutter! LX2963 Snowblower on the front of the LX2610. Heated cab, stereo, hot coffee - coulda got the job done in my PJ's!

• Haha

bhall74

Equipment
Ditch Witch SK755
Feb 16, 2023
Lafayette IN
I replaced the fuel lines on my sk755 in hopes of stopping getting air in my fuel system today as per a thread I found on here this morning.

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
I have to add my photo from today. Back story first. We have a 2000 Honda Acord, 320.000 miles. It is our spare car incase someone needs one. I haven't driven it in over a month so I decided to use it to go to church last night. I meet my wife and daughter there so we end up driving 2 cars home after service. We have been talking about selling it or just scraping it? ( It runs great we just don't use it any more)
Coming home we were about 2 miles from the house and BOOM, I thought the front left tire blew out. No the lower ball joint snaped in half and we slid over 100' till the car came to a stop. Our daughter was about ten minuets behind us in our new car we just paid off. Well my wife gets out a said scrap it! I called my sons up to have them come help me get it off the road. I drove home and got my truck and meet the boys at the car. I used my rear bumper to push it back to an old logging road and then my son used his truck with chain to drag it on to the logging road to clear the road.
I tried to borrow a car dolley but the owner could not find it? So we ended up taking my new Kubota L2501 with loader and scraper blade to bring it home. I pushed the car to a flat spot on the log road and lifted the front end off the ground and placed 2 8" x 8" blocks under the frame. Then I put the scraper blade tight
honda tow.jpg
t to the bumper and we used 2 tie down straps from the A arm over the blade to the frame of the tractor. Tied the tire up with a strap over the hood and lifted the blade. I had to back it up to get the blocks out but I brought it home behind the tractor. Tomorrow I have to empty the 3/4 full gas tank.
Also it was 25* when I shuffled in the house. It's off the ground in this picture

Reactions: 13 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Found a landscape rake on FB marketplace. I've been looking on Craigslist and FB for some time now and was getting close to ordering new :(
This one was located in Pittsfield MA - almost 100 miles from here. Fortunately the company I work for has a branch in Pittsfield. Seller dropped it off at branch, daily transfer truck brought it to main distribution center in Waterbury and logistics manager sent it out to me with a local truck. Dunno how I would have gotten it otherwise.

landscape rake unloading cropped.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Nice find. Those wheels are nice (and $300 at Tractor Supply), and the delivery makes it a no brainer!
Well $350 would be a bargain at the local Kubota dealer. I called them about a Landpride. They wanted $650 alone for the optional wheel kit!

• Wow

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
My brother brought some sections of telephone pole for me to use on projects (not sure exactly what I’ll do with them yet, but I’m sure they’ll be useful for something). Grapple plucked them off the trailer.

1426EA83-FBB4-4E59-84FB-59089D3369B5.jpeg

C8A4D146-7A1B-4ED5-860E-A65F22AA699A.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Pimped out the mini a little today. First task was to turn the hydraulic thumb cylinder (spin 180 degrees) because the thumb switch was backwards to me. Now, it works as it should. Pull button left to close the thumb.

Thumb Swap.JPG

Next up was disconnecting the travel alarm, added a broom hangar and new magnetic phone mount (which I really like so far).

Lastly, some tunes added to the cab. My wife seems to enjoy that update.

Bean Rockin it.JPG

Good to go.

Reactions: 11 users

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
No pictures. But I dugout around 40 tree stumps today and piled it up for burning, Monday. Most of them were about 6" across. we cut them about a month ago about 4' high. We are clearing about 3 acres to plant for the bees at home. I will take some pictures Monday. Also it smells real good as most of the trees are Sassafras.

• Wow

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Drove fence posts (63) for a cross fence today. The wife is in the tractor. She will prob come back for me. 😳
6572CA32-F3A9-4527-A0CD-4DEFA382DD8D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Did some firewood yesterday. Moved the last of the cull logs I got last year. This is the biggest piece that was in the load. Was a lot of work to cut and split.

10_14_28.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Since we have a couple of house showings today (have to be gone during them) I gave the tractor a break today.

I did go and start to service my 'new to me' Leinbach rake. The zerks for the wheel shafts looked like they have never been greased. According to the PO he did one job at his house with it and that's where he bent a couple of tines on large rocks he snagged. Since then its been aging outside. Note to self, don't be stupid, use the grapple to get rid of larger rocks. The rake will be fine on brush, sticks and smaller rocks. It took the grease nicely - no plugged zerks :)

I have a 6 replacement tines coming tomorrow so tried to break the bolts free. Good luck with that. Had the feeling that 10 more ft-lbs of force and I would have 2 piece bolts :( Mouse Milk to the rescue! Put some on both threads as best as I could get it in there, wait one hour and magic. They both broke free easily. Tomorrow I'll elevate the rake and replace the 2 tines.

repairing tines cropped.jpg