B7100 hydraulic problems on FEL

IdahoNative

Equipment
Kubota B7100D 4x4, non-HST, FEL 1630
Jan 12, 2022
Florida, central
I ran into a problem I can connect the hoses I guess I will have to get some kind of connector to do that test.
Don’t try to guess the fitting types. Mine had a few different fitting types. Find your nearest hydraulic pump/hose supplier and show them what you have. They will set you up correctly, the first time. And ask them how tight to make them.

Reactions: 1 user

IdahoNative

Equipment
Kubota B7100D 4x4, non-HST, FEL 1630
Jan 12, 2022
Florida, central
These manual DCVs do not open and close searching for anything. The user controls the overlap on the ports manually and it stays exactly where he/she places it.

The ability to meter flow is very much a function of the grind and overlap of the glands. Metering notches and increased overlap on the glands are used when precise metering is needed.

Closely in terms of rated flow is a relative word.

An 11 GPM valve is a small valve well suited for use with a 3 GPM pump and capable of handling flows larger than 11 GPM.

A 30 GPM valve would be a poor choice for a 3 GPM system because it is expensive and the larger glands would make precise metering of small flows difficult. But it would still work reliably.

This has NOTHING to do with the OPs problem.

Dan
Maybe….maybe not.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Let me try again. You have two hoses screwed into that cylinder. Show me a picture of the other two ends on those two hoses.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
That is male pipe. You already have male pipe swivels installed on the ports in your valve. Why can you not connect the hoses to those swivels?

Dan

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
That is male pipe. You already have male pipe swivels installed on the ports in your valve. Why can you not connect the hoses to those swivels?

Dan
The end of the cylinder hose is larger than the end of the short hose that connected to control valve

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The end of the cylinder hose is larger than the end of the short hose that connected to control valve
OK. If i understand you correctly The hoses connected to the cylinders are 3/8 male pipe. You need two sae 8 to 3/8 fenale pipe swivel adapters. Remove the two adapters that are currently in the valve and install the two new adapters in their place. Then hook the two cylinder hoses to the adapters. Before you connect the hoses clean all of that old pipe dope off the threads and do not use any when you connect the hoses.

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
OK. If i understand you correctly The hoses connected to the cylinders are 3/8 male pipe. You need two sae 8 to 3/8 fenale pipe swivel adapters. Remove the two adapters that are currently in the valve and install the two new adapters in their place. Then hook the two cylinder hoses to the adapters. Before you connect the hoses clean all of that old pipe dope off the threads and do not use any when you connect the hoses.
ok I’ll have to pick those up tomorrow

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
ok I’ll have to pick those up tomorrow
When you get the cylinder connected all you need to test is that it will fully extend and retract. Cycle it full stroke a couple times to purge all of the air and then with it half extended check that the rod cannot be pulled out or pushed in.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
When you get the cylinder connected all you need to test is that it will fully extend and retract. Cycle it full stroke a couple times to purge all of the air and then with it half extended check that the rod cannot be pulled out or pushed in.

Dan
Ok I will do that I appreciate your help

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
Remove ONE cylinder from the loader and connect it directly to the left spool on your valve with the two hoses currently connected to A2 and B2. No other loader plumbing or anything else on the circuit. Cycle the cylinder fully in and out a couple times and verify it holds at mid stroke when the lever is in neutral. If everything checks out we know the pump, hydraulic outlet, and loader valve are working.

Dan
Ok just did this test and everything works as should goes in and out and I can’t move the rod by hand when in neutral. Now what?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Ok just did this test and everything works as should goes in and out and I can’t move the rod by hand when in neutral. Now what?
That seems to confirm the loader valve and pump supply are working. It also indicates the loader cylinder plumbing was not correct.

I suggest you proceed with baby steps. Put the cylinder back on the loader. Then hookup just ONE lift cylinder exactly like you did for this test. Run the loader up and down using just one lift cylinder.

If that works add the second lift cylinder to the circuit and repeat. When you have the lift working with both cylinders we can move on to the bucket.

Dan

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
That seems to confirm the loader valve and pump supply are working. It also indicates the loader cylinder plumbing was not correct.

I suggest you proceed with baby steps. Put the cylinder back on the loader. Then hookup just ONE lift cylinder exactly like you did for this test. Run the loader up and down using just one lift cylinder.

If that works add the second lift cylinder to the circuit and repeat. When you have the lift working with both cylinders we can move on to the bucket.

Dan
I checked all 4 cylinders this is my report...

Bucket cyl right side would cycle in and out couldn’t move by hand.
Bucket cyl left side would cycle in and out but I could move it by hand
Boom cyl right side would cycle in and out but I could move it by hand
Boom cyl left side would cycle out but wouldn’t cycle back in and I could move it by hand

so I guess I have 3 bad cylinders??