B7100 hydraulic problems on FEL

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have front port on left side of control back port on the right side of control. It has 2 ports on the right side of the control and it is connected to the front one.
That is correct and should divert all flow from the pump into the left side of the valve and return it to the rear port on the block. If that were happening and you have the cylinders plumbed as we discussed the loader would lift and lower correctly. Are there any other ports or knobs/levers on that block?

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
I am quite familiar with that valve and have a couple new ones here on the shelf. As I said early on you should be using it with a power beyond sleeve but that is not what's causing your current problem. I assume the valve is in fact two A1 spools and its working properly.

My next step would be a pressure test. I dont suppose you have a hydraulic test gauge?

Dan
No I do not have a test gauge my blade worked correctly when it was on there up and down side to side. But that is the right control for that tractor?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
No I do not have a test gauge my blade worked correctly when it was on there up and down side to side. But that is the right control for that tractor?
Assuming you got what you ordered you have the correct control valve.

Lets take a look at the bucket circuit. You say it dumps and curls properly. Will it dump with enough force to lift the front of the tractor?

Dan

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
Assuming you got what you ordered you have the correct control valve.

Lets take a look at the bucket circuit. You say it dumps and curls properly. Will it dump with enough force to lift the front of the tractor?

Dan
It has down pressure when I dump the bucket but the lift cylinders do not hold and it picks the loader up and when I curl the bucket back the loader will be picked up off the ground but then the bucket will uncurl on it’s on like it has air in it maybe?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It has down pressure when I dump the bucket but the lift cylinders do not hold and it picks the loader up and when I curl the bucket back the loader will be picked up off the ground but then the bucket will uncurl on it’s on like it has air in it maybe?
Whoa, whoa.

The bucket dumps against the ground and that lifts the loader arms. If you release the lever does everything stay where it is?

Dan

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
Whoa, whoa.

The bucket dumps against the ground and that lifts the loader arms. If you release the lever does everything stay where it is?

Dan
Yes it will pick up the loader and when I curl it back and let the lever back to neutral it doesn’t hold and will tilt forward and dump

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Does it pick up the tractor front wheels and then the wheels go back down to the ground or do the front end loader arms move up and then go back down?

I think if you ca make a one line diagram from the pump to the block then to the valve that will help verify that is correct. Show what port labels on the valve
are hooked to and how the oil exists the valve and returns to the sump

What is the “loader “ in your posts ? Be specific in describing what you mean when you say loader.

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
Does it pick up the tractor front wheels and then the wheels go back down to the ground or do the front end loader arms move up and then go back down?

I think if you ca make a one line diagram from the pump to the block then to the valve that will help verify that is correct. Show what port labels on the valve
are hooked to and how the oil exists the valve and returns to the sump

What is the “loader “ in your posts ? Be specific in describing what you mean when you say loader.
It does not pick the front wheels off the ground. It picks the lift arms up and when I curl the bucket back the lift arms hold their height. The loader is a bison vh350. From the hydraulic block there are 2 ports the first port on the hydraulic pump side the one towards the radiator I have the line run to the P port on left side of control and the second port on hydraulic block towards the rear of tractor I have the line run to the T port on the right side.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It does not pick the front wheels off the ground. It picks the lift arms up and when I curl the bucket back the lift arms hold their height. The loader is a bison vh350. From the hydraulic block there are 2 ports the first port on the hydraulic pump side the one towards the radiator I have the line run to the P port on left side of control and the second port on hydraulic block towards the rear of tractor I have the line run to the T port on the right side.
Yes we covered that part of the plumbing in detail already.

Please post a picture showing both bucket cylinders and the hoses that connect them. All in one picture so we can see the routing not just the ends.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The description I get for that loader describes it as mechsnically self leveling so bucket and boom have a mechanical connection that tilts bucket as boom raises and lowers. Crap.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yes we covered that part of the plumbing in detail already.

Please post a picture showing both bucket cylinders and the hoses that connect them. All in one picture so we can see the routing not just the ends.

Dan
Here are a couple simple diagrams of the valve and plumbing.

Double and tripl;e check your plumbing against these diagrams. Follow each line from valve to 1st cylinder then across to second cylinder and confirm they are routed exactly as shown in the diagrams.

Left lever operates boom - pull back to raise, push forward to lower
Right lever operates bucket - pull back to curl, push forward to dump

Dan

1659352593323.png

1659353228586.png

1659353384059.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
W
Not to jump on anyone’s toes, but here’s how mine connects.
Where do you have you 2 port from hydraulic block going to? Do you have your T port from control going to fill port on transmission? My tractor is just like yours it’s a b7100 manual transmission

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
W

Where do you have you 2 port from hydraulic block going to? Do you have your T port from control going to fill port on transmission? My tractor is just like yours it’s a b7100 manual transmission
His valve has power beyond and his T port is going to transmissuon filler. That is not your problem.

Have you traced your plumbing as I suggested?

Dan

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
Here are a couple simple diagrams of the valve and plumbing.

Double and tripl;e check your plumbing against these diagrams. Follow each line from valve to 1st cylinder then across to second cylinder and confirm they are routed exactly as shown in the diagrams.

Left lever operates boom - pull back to raise, push forward to lower
Right lever operates bucket - pull back to curl, push forward to dump

Dan

View attachment 84600

View attachment 84602

View attachment 84603
On hydraulic block the first hole next to the pump is the pressure and it goes to the left side of control? But the second hole on hydraulic block goes where? To the back to tank on the right side or do I have to run a return line back to the transmission fill hole? Thanks for your patience I just got off work and am going to tinker with it.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
On hydraulic block the first hole next to the pump is the pressure and it goes to the left side of control? But the second hole on hydraulic block goes where? To the back to tank on the right side or do I have to run a return line back to the transmission fill hole? Thanks for your patience I just got off work and am going to tinker with it.
The second port is not tank. It is pressure return for the 3pt. Your valve needs to be modified for pressure beyond and a third tank return but that is not your problem. As is it should work but may ultimately damage your valve. You have another more immediate problem to fix.

Dan

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
His valve has power beyond and his T port is going to transmissuon filler. That is not your problem.

Have you traced your plumbing as I suggested?

Dan
Ok yes I have traced it 3 times and it is exactly as your diagram. My only question is the T does the line from the second port on the hydraulic block go to the T port?