B7100 hydraulic problems on FEL

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Ok yes I have traced it 3 times and it is exactly as your diagram. My only question is the T does the line from the second port on the hydraulic block go to the T port?
The second port on the hydraulic block is pressure return for the 3pt. Technically you should not use the T port on your valve for that purpose but as configured it will work.

Dan

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
The second port on the hydraulic block is pressure return for the 3pt. Technically you should not use the T port on your valve for that purpose but as configured it will work.

Dan
Ok this is what it’s doing it will tilt and dump the bucket but when you return to neutral it falls and the boom will move about 1 inch each direction and that’s it and that’s with 3/4 throttle

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Ok this is what it’s doing it will tilt and dump the bucket but when you return to neutral it falls and the boom will move about 1 inch each direction and that’s it and that’s with 3/4 throttle
No offense but that makes no sense. If it tilts and dumps the cylinder will be locked when the spool is in neutral. How do explain that?

Dan

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
No offense but that makes no sense. If it tilts and dumps the cylinder will be locked when the spool is in neutral. How do explain that?

Dan
I don’t know but when I tilt the bucket all the way back and return to neutral it falls back down or in other words the rod goes out extends on its own

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I don’t know but when I tilt the bucket all the way back and return to neutral it falls back down or in other words the rod goes out extends on its own
I don't doubt your observation. There is an explanation but the only way you will find it is by controlled diagnosis. You need to isolate and test your individual components and plumbing. Right now you dont know what parts of your plumbing is right and what is wrong.

Dan

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
I don't doubt your observation. There is an explanation but the only way you will find it is by controlled diagnosis. You need to isolate and test your individual components and plumbing. Right now you dont know what parts of your plumbing is right and what is wrong.

Dan
My plumbing is exactly as your diagram shows checked 3 times

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs

Dan
Dan, I'm wondering if he has some cylinder damage? I don't understand what's happening.

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
yeah it
Dan, I'm wondering if he has some cylinder damage? I don't understand what's happening.
It has me confused and to add to the confusion I can raise my boom if I slightly pull back on my 3ph lever and pull my boom lever at the same time and if I let go of my 3ph lever while holding the boom lever back it will fall to the ground

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
OK -

Dan
yeah it

It has me confused and to add to the confusion I can raise my boom if I slightly pull back on my 3ph lever and pull my boom lever at the same time and if I let go of my 3ph lever while holding the boom lever back it will fall to the ground
You are not going to find the problem without simplifying the system and testing one component and plumbing at a time.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Ok plumbing is correct. Next step?
Remove ONE cylinder from the loader and connect it directly to the left spool on your valve with the two hoses currently connected to A2 and B2. No other loader plumbing or anything else on the circuit. Cycle the cylinder fully in and out a couple times and verify it holds at mid stroke when the lever is in neutral. If everything checks out we know the pump, hydraulic outlet, and loader valve are working.

Dan

IdahoNative

Equipment
Kubota B7100D 4x4, non-HST, FEL 1630
Jan 12, 2022
Florida, central
W

Where do you have you 2 port from hydraulic block going to? Do you have your T port from control going to fill port on transmission? My tractor is just like yours it’s a b7100 manual transmission
On my B7100D, the rear most port on the block connects to Port C on my controller. Like Oldhokie said, this powers the three point. Hence, the name Power Beyond, it sends power beyond the loader to the 3 pt. Port C is where you should have a power beyond adapter. They are very small and you might have thrown it out with the packaging.

The front port on my block connects to Port P (inlet pressure line, or power) on the controller. And as OldHokie said, Port T connects to the tank filler.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
On my B7100D, the rear most port on the block connects to Port C on my controller. Like Oldhokie said, this powers the three point. Hence, the name Power Beyond, it sends power beyond the loader to the 3 pt. Port C is where you should have a power beyond adapter. They are very small and you might have thrown it out with the packaging.

The front port on my block connects to Port P (inlet pressure line, or power) on the controller. And as OldHokie said, Port T connects to the tank filler.
The power beyond sleeve is not included with that Summit valve. It has to be ordered separately. The valve will power the loader fine using the T port as the power beyond return. This is not his current problem.

Dan

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas

It didn’t come with the PB plug I can buy it separate didn’t think I needed it but I might need it after all.

IdahoNative

Equipment
Jan 12, 2022
Florida, central
Just to point something out, the B7100 hydraulic pump is rated at 3.6 gpm. Your valve is rated at 11 gpm. Mine is 8 gpm, the lowest I could find without breaking the bank. I’ve read that an overly rated valve can cause some wonky things.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Just to point something out, the B7100 hydraulic pump is rated at 3.6 gpm. Your valve is rated at 11 gpm. Mine is 8 gpm, the lowest I could find without breaking the bank. I’ve read that an overly rated valve can cause some wonky things.
You heard wrong. This very valve works fine on a 3 GPM Ford 8N using the T port for power beyond.

Dan

IdahoNative

Equipment
Jan 12, 2022
Florida, central
The power beyond sleeve is not included with that Summit valve. It has to be ordered separately. The valve will power the loader fine using the T port as the power beyond return. This is not his current problem.

Dan
It didn’t come with the PB plug I can buy it separate didn’t think I needed it but I might need it after all.
stay on track with Oldhokie and his diagnosis before you buy and add stuff. Since we have the same tractor, I wanted you see exactly how mine is plumbed, I didn’t intend to divert you away from Oldhokie

IdahoNative

Equipment
Jan 12, 2022
Florida, central
You heard wrong. This very valve works fine on a 3 GPM Ford 8N using the T port for power beyond.

Dan
No,

Dan
No, I read it in numerous fluid dynamic text books. Ask any valve manufacturer, they will say get a valve that closely matches your system. Why? An oversized valve can and does do strange things. For example, an oversized valve can cause erratic and unstable movements. Why? Because the valve is opening and closing constantly, because it’s oversized. The valve is trying to find the set point. It keeps under and overcorrecting searching for the correct flow and pressure.

Arkubota

Equipment
B7100
Jul 30, 2022
Arkansas
Remove ONE cylinder from the loader and connect it directly to the left spool on your valve with the two hoses currently connected to A2 and B2. No other loader plumbing or anything else on the circuit. Cycle the cylinder fully in and out a couple times and verify it holds at mid stroke when the lever is in neutral. If everything checks out we know the pump, hydraulic outlet, and loader valve are working.

Dan
I ran into a problem I can connect the hoses I guess I will have to get some kind of connector to do that test.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
No,

No, I read it in numerous fluid dynamic text books. Ask any valve manufacturer, they will say get a valve that closely matches your system. Why? An oversized valve can and does do strange things. For example, an oversized valve can cause erratic and unstable movements. Why? Because the valve is opening and closing constantly, because it’s oversized. The valve is trying to find the set point. It keeps under and overcorrecting searching for the correct flow and pressure.
These manual DCVs do not open and close searching for anything. The user controls the overlap on the ports manually and it stays exactly where he/she places it.

The ability to meter flow is very much a function of the grind and overlap of the glands. Metering notches and increased overlap on the glands are used when precise metering is needed.

Closely in terms of rated flow is a relative word.

An 11 GPM valve is a small valve well suited for use with a 3 GPM pump and capable of handling flows larger than 11 GPM.

A 30 GPM valve would be a poor choice for a 3 GPM system because it is expensive and the larger glands would make precise metering of small flows difficult. But it would still work reliably.

This has NOTHING to do with the OPs problem.

Dan