What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Plowed my two drives. Chased the neighbor and her shovel back into her house and plowed her drive. The wind blew drifts back over the drives and more snow tonight so I get to do it all over again tomorrow before the wife goes to work.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
We ended up with 10" of snow. It was 19, but with sun and no wind it was Ok. I had to jump my tractor today :confused: the block was warm, the glows work fine, but my guess is now that it's outdoors (under cover) with the wicked winds and not being started since the end of November . . . Anyway it started right up and awaaaaay we went. I couldn't wait till tomorrow as we're having a high of 6 with a wind chill of -17 :eek:

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Cleared some snow in NE CT

Last edited:

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
Changed my 6foot plow over to a 7 footer. The B2650 pushed 8-9 inches of wet snow no problem. I was surprised how good it did. Still thinking of putting wheel spacers and chains on the rear. Didn’t need them though.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
No snow to speak of and to bloody cold to go out and play so it sits with the battery tender hooked up in the garage, soo all in all I didnt do nutting :D

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Finally got enough snow to go play with my B3200 and learn a bit more on how she handles cleaning snow. It didn't take long to learn where I wanted the angle of the bucket when floating it and the biggest issue I had was with the rain soaked snow that was hiding in the low spots. Overall I had a lot of fun... Cold but fun. Depth varied from 6" to over 24" where it drifted.

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Far as I'm concerned, nothing beats a cab tractor with heat in the winter and ac in the summer.. Never go back to an open station tractor again.

Attachments

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Finally dipped below freezing here last night - maybe the 5th night so far this winter. We may have a snow-less winter...

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Still raining here and what little snow we had is pretty much gone and I'm good with that. Garbage day here today so put on the oil skins and took it out with the atv . Bring on summer!!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Getting ready to plow snow. We got 18 inches with high wind. Some of it is 3 foot high in places. My m7040 will take care of it . Right now --3` here also.
Something about the bigger Kubota's that make life easier (and quicker)....lol

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Far as I'm concerned, nothing beats a cab tractor with heat in the winter and ac in the summer.. Never go back to an open station tractor again.
I was definitely feeling the cold yesterday. -3 and a good brisk wind. The only part that really got cold was around my face. I think my next one may have a cab.. or just wear an old time diving helmet...

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I was definitely feeling the cold yesterday. -3 and a good brisk wind. The only part that really got cold was around my face. I think my next one may have a cab.. or just wear an old time diving helmet...
With my last open station Kubota years ago, I wore a snowmobile suit and a wool face mask. Wasn't pleasant even then. Had a Woods blower and no matter which way I went, was always covered in snow dust.

I need to get a rubber 'snow deflector' for the top of the plow. Was getting quite a bit of snow over the top of the plow at times.

Both my M's have the air cleaner out in the front and I rotated the air intake on the air cleaner to facing back instead of forward. Didn't want the snow plugging the filter. I usually keep it in that position when haying too. Keeps a certain amount of chaff out of the air cleaner.

Cabs have their drawbacks, mostly clearance height wise and side clearance too and one has to remember to close the doors. I made that $1000.00 mistake one time. Hooked the door (open) on a post and in a millisecond, the door shattered and I was out a grand. Interestingly, the door was $995 from the dealer and my deductible was $1000, so I ate the mistake. Live and learn I guess.

I'm always cognizant of the height and width even with the doors closed. Doing hay usually means running close to woodlots and those errant branches can cause damage.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Flip, take a piece of old baler belting and some 1/4" x 1 1/2" strap and attach it to the top of your blade. 10" belting is best, not anything narrower. Will work excellent!

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Woke up to -15 wind chills yesterday, and a driveway drifted over with 1'-3' feet of snow. Most of my 200' drive is on a 6 degree slope, and it fills up like a bowl when the wind is just right.

A couple hours later, all clear! Had the air screen completely covered on the BX, and it still barely moved off "C". Temp was around 5F. For me, piled on the gear, dropped a Hot Hands in each mitten, and a stick-on on the toes, and actually stayed very comfortable.

The little BX is a real work horse, never missed a beat! :)

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
Took off from work Friday a little early to load up the tractor and prepare for Saturday morning plowing (dirt not snow :D)and of course it would not start. I had noticed the battery was getting weak and it was last replaced April 2011 so even on maintainers they have a life span, flipped on the charger/starter and nothing so I ran to the auto parts place and picked up a new battery.

Replaced the battery and fired right up, nothing $176 wouldn't fix. + cable is looking pretty bad and would not tighten as much as I would like but it started so I put the bottom plow on and loaded it on the trailer for an early morning start.

Met my brother in law and SIL for breakfast and got to talking about his dad's belt driven gristmill and his/my desire to learn how to use it before his dad passes on.

Spent most of Saturday in absolutely beautiful weather watching the dirt roll off that plow. As usual just about the time I finished the plow was just getting polished up to really turn well. Made sure to turn some extra space to plant some dent corn so that we can try our hand at making some grits and meal later in the year.

Ordered a new battery cable this morning.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I realize it's 'global warming' but if you have snow in Florida I'd really be amazed.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Flip, take a piece of old baler belting and some 1/4" x 1 1/2" strap and attach it to the top of your blade. 10" belting is best, not anything narrower. Will work excellent!
Good idea but I don't have any....lol Think I'm going down to Toledo Conveyor Belting and see what they have used. I priced them on Flea-Bay and the cost is stupid as well shipping. You say I need 10" wide, how thick?:confused:

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
I realize it's 'global warming' but if you have snow in Florida I'd really be amazed.
Well we had a "real" ice storm in early 2018 with downed power lines and everything so I guess snow is not totally out of the question but probably not to plowable levels and certainly pretty rare. When I first found OTT I read every "plowing" post until I realized most were talking about snow not dirt. I try to put a dirt plowing comment in when I can to remind folks what tractors are really designed to do:)

If it helps the dirt I was plowing was almost a stones throw from Georgia!

Attachments