What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Lets see oh yes,,, I hauled in a load of fire wood, put the wood in the basement drove around the back of the garage to put the trailer away and promptly tore off my work lights on the ROPS, I have no idea how I miss cutting that limb off in the summer,, I didn't like that arrangement anyway
Sooo how are your arms?? Anything broken???

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
If you keep have to use the BX for snow duty I guess a cab and heater will be in order for it as well.
Good lord no. A cab would be the absolute worst thing I could add to the BX. The only reason your seeing the BX at all is because we are off for the holidays and I've been doing some mods on it in the main shop and using it just because it was there. In another few days it will go back to its stable and I won't see it til spring.
I really like the freedom of no cab on a BX. No worries about limbs, less noise without the cab. I can get on and off it faster. The 5740 got enough cab for me ;)

Hey Skeets, sorry to hear about your lights :eek:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Awww Eric that was cold,, LMAO:D,, As a matter of fact no, everything is still intact, and other than cleaning the lights off the ROPS:eek: things are ok.:rolleyes:

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I did bucket a lot of snow today...getting ready for the next storm..10" or so tonight....I used a small pallet and strapped 8 cement blocks onto it this fall. I take the pallet forks and sit it into the back of my pickup before each storm. In the past I always loaded them in and out by hand. Another reason I love my Kubota...

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
The other day I plowed snow with the FEL. Then took her to the Man Cave (aka shop) removed the BH and put the 3pt and rear blade on. Today will be more snow duties. I take care of Mom's as well as a few neighbors. I usually get paid with cookies and hugs as the neighbors are mostly older and have a hard time getting out and about.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
The other day I plowed snow with the FEL. Then took her to the Man Cave (aka shop) removed the BH and put the 3pt and rear blade on. Today will be more snow duties. I take care of Mom's as well as a few neighbors. I usually get paid with cookies and hugs as the neighbors are mostly older and have a hard time getting out and about.
I thought Santa s sleigh had an orange color to it the last time I saw it. You don't live at the North Pole do you? :eek: Talking about all that snow, being paid in cookies, Man Cave (aka shop). ;)

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Better get some work done before I head to town for parts. Get the BX out, and wouldn't you know still no snow. Head off to the woods where I know I dropped a tree over a hill. Need to make a path to get there. There she is, better get cutting and loading . This will burn of some Christmas pie.

Attachments

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Now that felt good to get out of the house after a weekend of watching football.

Time to head home and get the pressure washer out and clean things up before I start another project .

By the way only 26 degrees out today in Ohio.

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
t33jetman- How about a close up pic of the hitch/attachment that you tow the trailer with? I want to do that exact same thing with my backhoe & a small wagon.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Plowed snow again today. Got 4 1/2 inches of wet sloppy snow over night after it had started out as rain, then went to freezing rain then snow. Glad I had put my front chains on last week. Certainly helps with steering having them on. I had put the rear ones on a few weeks ago. I decided to put then front ones on during the last storm when it was hard to steer. Also my driveway is up hill to the road, so the extra traction helps. Picture was taken a couple of weeks ago before I put front chains on.

Attachments

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
BAP,

Nice quick hitch, I have the same one and have not had a chance to set it up yet, but will get around to it soon.

Lil Foot,

I purchased a bolt oh eye hook from "Ken's Bolt On Hooks" and used the grade 8 bolts to bolt on the bucket. I put mine on the end of the bucket next to the teeth, because I wanted my Hydraulic piston to be in the retracted position, so no chance of bending my rod from any side ways motion. also I use a heavy bungie chord connected on the bucket to the backhoe frame so that the pulling pressure won't over tax my arm hydraulic piston while pulling the wagon full of wood. This is very important so pay attention. You could also use a short chain to do the same thing.

Sorry but my picture was taken before I put the restrainers on to hold the bucket in place tight. I also make sure my transportation pins are in place and my added restrainer raps are in place when pulling the wagon.

Always check what you are doing with your boom at all times , because it was meant for digging and pulling dirt. Don't do anything that is going to place alot of side ways pressure on the "dipper stick" , because it is not a large heavy duty backhoe, just a little one for a BX.

When I am using the backhoe for digging, I remove the silver hook , and place it in my tool box till needed. You can see I added a tow hook to the bottom of my balance box to pull my wagon when the backhoe is removed for the winter.

Attachments

Last edited:

BX25DMan

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 16, 2013
Southeast MA
We've got some potential heavy snow coming in so I ran it for about an hour today and filled up the fuel tank. I dropped the bucket and attached the plow so I should be good to go....

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You can see I added a tow hook to the bottom of my balance box to pull my wagon when the backhoe is removed for the winter.
Ummm winter has been here for 3 months already only 3 more to go!;):D

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
t33jetman- Thanks for the pics, great idea, I may do something similar. My B670 hoe is even lighter than yours, but it has a swing lock & lock/chain/load binder from the top of the folded boom to the top of the ROPs bar, plus I'm only planning on pulling a 4 wheel garden cart/wagon. (like the home centers sell, folding mesh sides, small wheelbarrow type tires) Just need something to augment the FEL bucket when cutting firewood, hauling slash, etc..

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well on the smart side atleast bolting the hitch to the bucket rather then weld hopefully and maybe never but if something does fail the bolts should break before any major damage to the boom in done.

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio

I see that you like Orange saws also. Another good choice. ;)

Ron

lreops,

Thanks, chain saw is a Husqvrana 455 Rancher, 20in., best chain saw I have used. Will not leave you hands sore after a days work like my last one did.

Eric McCarthy,

As with anything we do with these tractors, please engage brain first before doing anything , this will save a lot of money and your life.

I only used the bolts because I have not taught myself to weld (yet). Don't go out and play like its a big heavy duty tractor, because there are some things it just can't do. She's strong but not all her parts are that strong.

I would not suggest lifting anything over the weight limit for the backhoe or the FEL just too much risk and costly (That is a story for another thread) Thank God I put full coverage insurance on the tractor after I purchased it.:D

Last edited:

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland
lreops,

Thanks, chain saw is a Husqvrana 455 Rancher, 20in., best chain saw I have used. Will not leave you hands sore after a days work like my last one did.
I have the same, never lets me down and has all the power I've ever needed.

Ron

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I thought Santa s sleigh had an orange color to it the last time I saw it. You don't live at the North Pole do you? :eek: Talking about all that snow, being paid in cookies, Man Cave (aka shop). ;)
Funny you talk about the North Pole....I don't live there but my brother does ;) He lives in North Pole, Alaska 99711

I do have one elderly lady from Germany (she came over on a boat in the early 1900s) that I help out that every other time she pays me with a beer. Gotta love Germans and their beer :D