Welders

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Paul,
those are some REALLY great pictures you added. It's normal for you, but I have never seen an icberg and I think that is one of the neatest things :)

The pictures of the small community on the coast line looks like they live in a very hostile environment, as far as weather goes.

After living in Southern California so long I think I would go insane freezing my ass off if I had to spend a winter there. Hell, I bet summer is no better :eek:

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Paul,
those are some REALLY great pictures you added. It's normal for you, but I have never seen an icberg and I think that is one of the neatest things :)

The pictures of the small community on the coast line looks like they live in a very hostile environment, as far as weather goes.

After living in Southern California so long I think I would go insane freezing my ass off if I had to spend a winter there. Hell, I bet summer is no better :eek:

Every place has it's pro's and con's. I used to think this island was hostile until I traveled to California a few times. I usually fly into LAX and get a car and drive in to Vegas to take in the SEMA show. I remember the first trip I couldn't believe they had fog and a guy said "Dude that's not fog, That's smog"! I could hardly believe my eyes.

Although I live in a modern area that picture was taken just 15 minutes down the road. you'll have to come up and see for yourself. We got lots of room and a vehicle to use. :)

Yes the weather can be cold,wet and foggy but man it's gods country. If you break down around these parts you'll probably get invited in for lunch before you get to repair the problem. If someone walks by they always say hello. Living in a cool environment has it's price but I love it here.

Those burgs by the way end up in vodka. Yep there's a company that places a couple of excavators on them and scoops up the thousands of year old ice and bottles it. It's kind of cool (excuse the pun) :D

Here's a little more info on it for your reading Bordon :)

http://www.canadiangeographic.ca/magazine/ma06/indepth/resources.asp

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
;)Very interesting and liked the link. The post does have some beautiful pictures. Keep enjoying it. handy

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I'd love to sample some of that Crystal Head vodka but it looks like I cant afford a taste!
I had two bottles of the stuff. My two military sons drank one bottle over Christmas and they had no trouble doing it :D. i got one unopened bottle here now and I don't drink so stop by and I'll mix it while you woof it down :D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Now I just need to get Scott to fly over here to the east coast, pick me up and we'll head your way here shortly!

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
My current welder is a Lincoln SA-200, DC seems to be a lot easier for me to weld with than AC. I also have an Oxy Acetelyne setup.

In the past I had a Lincoln buzzbox and a Hobart 140, until the wire feed mechanism gave out.

Robert