WTF FedEx

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Patience is not one of my greater ventures, and if I order something and it is shipped and the shipper say 2 days or3 days I expect it to be here in 2 or 3 days. Now I ordered some toy parts, a small box of stuff out of Tenn. Shipping was going to be 2 days , wonderful. 2 days go by and nada so I get on the FedEx site and look up the shipping page, and find the box is in Grove City Ohio. Well ok I understand things happen, I waited till the next day, checked again and it is still in Ohio, 3 days later it is still in Ohio. About now the Irish is up , called, texed ,their AI thing, and nobody can tell me why it is still in Ohio. SO today I get an email saying it is out for delivery, and you guessed it, the box still aint here and nobody knows why. And not to sound raciest but everyone I spoke to sounds like they work for some internet help line ! Ya know somedays I really hate people !!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Hey Skeets you're not the only one who deals with this crap! I receive a box last Fri. via UPS for some medical supplies I did not give permission to send. I refused them when the driver tried to hand me the box. Told him why, and he marked something on the box. It was a light weight box about one cubic ft. So I called my insurance co to make sure they don't pay for the supplies. I get on a three way phone conversation with my ins, the sending co. and make them aware I am no longer dealing with them and why and they understand my ins is not paying for what they send.

Today a UPS driver shows up and my wife goes out and brings in a box for me. Same box I refused last Friday!! Driver has gone down the road, so when I go into town I take it to the UPS store. They tell me I have to contact the sending company and get permission to return it. I just got of the phone after a 42 minute wait to get an email to print off to put on the box to take to town to get rid of ....... Pain in the azzz.

Not UPS's fault, but man I can't take this today!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I hear ya, again I call and again when will it get here, by close of the day, ok what time is the close of day? He did not know, I should have asked how to fix my computer,,, grrrrrrrrr
Ya know if we were up to our kesters in snow I could understand,, but DAYUM !!!!

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I hear ya, again I call and again when will it get here, by close of the day, ok what time is the close of day? He did not know, I should have asked how to fix my computer,,, grrrrrrrrr
Ya know if we were up to our kesters in snow I could understand,, but DAYUM !!!!
Remember...Patience is a virtue...LOL

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Ya know somedays I really hate people !!
It's okay. Somedays people hate you too. It all goes around . Sorry, could not resist.

I was once told that there is no such thing as over night to my location.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan
I’ve had two different packages lost in transit in the last year. One was USPS, the other FedEx. USPS package showed up the day after the sending company agreed to send a replacement, FedEx package was never delivered and order was cancelled and a refund on the CC was issued.
I worked in a manufacturing regional distribution center for 41 years and the last 12 were as an expediter making sure packages made it on the correct trailers going to 5 other distribution centers around the country. I also had to deal with any lost packages.
One of the main causes of late/lost packages was barcode scanning or lack there of. Guys would scan a package on a trailer but not load it so it would show going to the next distribution center but in reality was still on our floor. Or they would forget to scan the package but load it on the trailer, so the package would show in our warehouse but really be on a trailer to the next distribution center. When this happened, at least with the system we used, the barcodes that were miss-scanned needed to have extra steps taken to be able to get the package showing the correct location.
So a dock worker would try to scan the package get an error message and toss the package off to the side or throw it in with others that did scan. A lot of detective work to locate packages.
In a nutshell it was a big PITA, but kept me busy all day long.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
As good as the company I work for is, sometimes stuff happens. . . A week ago Friday I stopped into one of our branches to pick up some ground rod clamps. They only had four at their branch but we had the motherload at our main branch - 10 miles away. I took the 4 and as I needed them for the weekend we ordered the 6 others from the main branch and specified FedEx, knowing they deliver on the weekend.

Of course they never showed up so on Sunday afternoon I went to Home Depot and picked some real crappy ones from them.

Friday my order finally came from my company. It seems the shipper decided to change the via from FedEx to USPS. It took them 7 days to move that box 10 miles.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I feel your pain.

There are at least three "flavors" of FedEx: FedEx Ground, FedEx Express, and FedEx Smartpost.

Locally, FedEx Ground is pretty dependable. Whoever has the contract for FedEx Express couldn't find their ass with both hands and a coon dog. FedEx SmartPost is just a clever way to add 2-3 days to the delivery time. It aggravates the dickens out of me to watch a FedEx truck drop off my package at the Post Office RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM ME and wait an extra 24-48 hours to get it.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Skeets, check with the neighbors 😂 fed ex guy always leaves our stuff at the neighbors house 😂. Ups guy knows our house, I’m the guy that pulled his truck outta the ditch when he missed the driveway

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I live in the country and everybody's mailbox is by the road. Fed ex is the only one who will set the package either on the ground by the mailbox or on top of your mailbox, take a picture and leave. Anyone can just drive down the road reach out the window and steal your package. No our front porch is not far from the road. USPS and UPS drop it on the porch everytime! Fedex delivered a package to my neighbor and set it on the ground in front of his garage door, he came home late one night and ran over it! Fedex sucks!

Reactions: 1 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
It seems like all of the shippers have issues at times and varies by location.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Our regular FedEx driver is great. Their sorting hubs not always so great. Took 3 tries for them to get my pine straw rake all the way to my door. First two times I could track it half way across the country to their hub 15 miles from my house. Then it traveled north for a while, then back west, finally landing in Chicago. Apparently “Chicago” in FedEx speak means “we lost it”. How you lose something the size of a 6’ pine straw rake twice in a row is beyond me. Last time it made it to the door in the remnants of what I think started out as a box and a half dozen bolts were missing. I had enough bolts on hand to put it together and by that point was just glad enough of it showed up to cobble it together.

That said, our regular delivery guy is great. We always offer him a bottle of water or Gatorade and a candy bar every time we see him. He’s nice enough to take the time to walk our stuff to the porch to get it in a spot rain isn’t likely to ever hit it instead of just leaving it in the driveway by the garage like his predecessor.

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
And to think we grew up in the six to eight weeks delivery time from the mail order catalogs! This has been replaced by one to three days. And if Bezos gets his drone plan going, it will be six to eight hours. Spins my head for sure!
But we also have to remember that if you needed something, a local store probably had it on the shelf. You had to ‘let your fingers do the walking’ by calling through the phone book (remember the yellow pages?)to make sure they had your item.
Sorry not much help Skeets. You feel like that dog with a treat on its nose and waiting for the command to let you eat it!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
FedEx lost a package and I was all over them to find it. There was a fellow who worked for FedEx on Garage Journal, and he said that he would help any of us get our packages. He pulled off a miracle and found my package, and it was a hard one to lose. It was 4' square and 2' high. They put it on the truck and I waited and waited, till about 4 o'clock. It never showed up, so I called the fellow that I had been in contact with, and he followed up with the local manager. The package showed it was delivered to the side door, however, we don't have a side door, and I was home all day waiting. When the driver got back to the terminal they asked him where the package was, and after a while, he told the manager where he dropped the package off. Around 8 PM a guy dressed in a suit shows up with my package. I asked him where it was, and he just grumbled and drove off. The next day I got a call from the fellow who worked for FedEx and he told me that the driver had been fired, and they recovered a lot of missing packages. The driver was dumping the packages that were difficult to deliver because we live way out in the country, so he was dumping them off in a low spot on the back road somewhere. Since the UPS and FedEx guys talked to each other at the local diner, I learned from the UPS driver that they filled a truck with packages that were dumped. This was about 20 years ago, and I have to say that they have gotten better, but not by much. Amazon and UPS are the best in this area, and the USPS guy is a lazy kind of guy that gets paid extra to drop Priority Mail packages at the house, rather than at the mailbox, but he always leaves them at the mailbox and if they are too large, he puts them on top of the mailbox. Complaining to the Postmaster doesn't do much good because he does it correctly for a week or two and then goes back to his lazy ways.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
yes all of the shippers have issues, amazon included

I think the biggest issue is their size. These 4 or 5 major shipping companies are so big that they can't seem to control everything

but with that, I've seen what happens at the local UPS terminal and it's mind boggling how much "stuff" goes through there. How any of it gets to the right place, is a miracle in itself. Mistakes do happen, and I'm really surprised there aren't more of them based on the sheer volume.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I ordered a flashlight a while back and was given a USPS tracking#. My tracking showed that it was picked up but that is where the tracking stayed. A week later it was still showing "picked up" so I contacted the eBay seller. The next day the seller correctly said that it was a USPS problem and whether I wanted a refund or a resend. I said resend which they did. A week later the original showed up. The seller said that it would cost more to return it so I ended up with two flashlights.

Nothing to do with the above, but I opt for eBay over all of the other sellers. I have had screw ups but I have never been disappointed with their service or customer service.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
FedEx is the absolute worse. The workforce and the company itself just doesn't give a crap.
And UPS with their new 'contract' is sticking it to everyone.
Back in July I had ordered $300. In hardware, nuts bolts washers ect from a large supply company. The box shows up taped. My address label cut from another box and taped onto this wrecked destroyed box. Before the UPS driver left
I opened the box, pot holders, electronics things, and birthday candles. Nothing I had ordered, UPS just scooped it up on the conveyor line and taped it. Put my label on it and off it went.
I filed a complaint with them. I had to send photos of the box, the box contents, my invoice of my order and answer 100 stupid questions. This was passed from UPS dept to dept and I had to resend the photos and everything I had sent prior several times. I got a $88. Credit on my UPS account. As they felt they were not at fault.
They are the shipper. And not their fault.
No love of UPS here.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I feel your pain.

On 11/7 I was in the driveway when UPS pulls up with an Amazon delivery (truck parts, all small ones in padded envelopes). The guy hands me two packages he had on the dash (I commented that they were warm). Says he has a third package in the back. Comes back out says he can’t find it, maybe it wasn’t put on the truck. No worries, I figure it will show in a day or three. So on 11/10, I check the Amazon tracking site. It shows the first two packages were delivered mid afternoon on 11/7, indeed they were. But…it also shows the third package was delivered on 11/7 late in the afternoon, which it was not. So on 11/12 I get tired of waiting for it to show and file a claim with UPS. Their automated system sends me an email saying it will take up to eight days to resolve. And then on 11/13 the missing package mysteriously shows up (along with another unrelated package). I check Amazon’s tracking site, still says it showed up 11/7. I check the UPS claims status, it says case closed. I look at that tracking, it also says delivered on 11/7. What a joke.

Last edited:

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
From time to time, you can get a great delivery. I placed an order with Wal-Mart; it had two day delivery included. I placed the order at 10am. 4 hours later, Wal-Mart dropped the package on my porch - no additional fee.

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
We all get spoiled, with just a few mouse clicks and stuff comes to us. I to have had poor delivery and wrong items show up. But all in all, it's amazing for the amount of product that moves from the supplier and vendors to UPS, FedEx, USPS. Be glad I not the person putting stuff in boxes for shipment, I'm the type that likes to look at everything, i.e. Lucy at the chocolate factory. Think about what's going to happen when the day comes and some servers crash!