When oil prices go up more what are you....

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Since there is no alternative, whatever price it goes to I'll just continue to buy and use it. Work truck gotta have gasoline and the tractor and sawmill gotta have Diesel.

Reactions: 1 user

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
That's a rather rude comment in my opinion!
I drive a decked out 2500HD P.U. and I'm not ignorant to much of anything.
What I should have said is that SOME of those driving big heavy vehicles like Suburbans and decked out pickups seem especially ignorant of the fact.

I live just north of an intersetion on a road that goes north to US20, the main highway around here. Early every morning from 4:00AM on, it sounds like a friggin' drag strip for a couple of hours as the locals are headed to work in the RV factories. Apparently, mufflers aren't allowed on trucks with DuraMaxes, or Cummins engines anymore, and the only available throttle position other than idle is all the way to the floor. Some cars are almost as bad. In summer, it the effing Harleys.

What a bunch of inconsiderate A-holes.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Apparently, mufflers aren't allowed on trucks with DuraMaxes, or Cummins engines anymore, and the only available throttle position other than idle is all the way to the floor. Some cars are almost as bad. In summer, it the effing Harleys.

same thing up here.. cops will NOT pull over harley for breaking the noise laws. As for the noisey diesels, it's a 'little kid trying to look big' thing. most have daddy paying for the truck and fuel,cause up here it's $4.50 US$ per USG Wannna have fun, just ask them if they OWN their truck NOT lease, NOT bank loan, NOT daddy's $$

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
What I should have said is that SOME of those driving big heavy vehicles like Suburbans and decked out pickups seem especially ignorant of the fact.

I live just north of an intersetion on a road that goes north to US20, the main highway around here. Early every morning from 4:00AM on, it sounds like a friggin' drag strip for a couple of hours as the locals are headed to work in the RV factories. Apparently, mufflers aren't allowed on trucks with DuraMaxes, or Cummins engines anymore, and the only available throttle position other than idle is all the way to the floor. Some cars are almost as bad. In summer, it the effing Harleys.

My new Ford with the 6.7 actually sounds like a gas job unless you listen closely.

I wonder about those paint can exhausts - lol.

Bisleybob

Equipment
B7500
Aug 15, 2020
Harding Pennsylvania

Uhh, move.

fenderbender

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23s
Feb 29, 2016
TOCCOA. GA
I charge more fuel surcharge. The higher it gets I actually make a little more money. Really helps when my truck holds 300 gals of fuel.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I charge more fuel surcharge. The higher it gets I actually make a little more money. Really helps when my truck holds 300 gals of fuel.
A buddy of mine put me in contact with a local fellow that sells slag from the foundry for roads and driveways. I already got one load from him for my drive, but I want to cover a dirt road running to the back of my barn so I can use it in the wet season. I was going to do that this summer. Wellll, I guess I'll be paying more for each load. I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Uhh, move.
Nope, I was here first, been here since 1974.
Every now and then a call to the sheriff's department will get them to have a cruiser park in the shop driveway during rush hour for a few days. That usually helps for a while.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
re: Apparently, mufflers aren't allowed on trucks with DuraMaxes, or Cummins engines anymore, and the only available throttle position other than idle is all the way to the floor. Some cars are almost as bad. In summer, it the effing Harleys.

same thing up here.. cops will NOT pull over harley for breaking the noise laws. As for the noisey diesels, it's a 'little kid trying to look big' thing. most have daddy paying for the truck and fuel,cause up here it's $4.50 US$ per USG Wannna have fun, just ask them if they OWN their truck NOT lease, NOT bank loan, NOT daddy's $$
My favorite are the 2" exhaust pipe going into a 6" or bigger exhaust tip.

There's a guy locally that has an 8" x 12" exhaust tip on his duramax. He's pretty proud of it. I'm wondering when he will realize that most people think he's an idiot 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 He's got the lift kit, large rims, and pencil thin street tread on it as well. Did I mention the brush guard. All on a 2wd truck 😝😝😝😝 I worked with the guys brother for a bit. He took over payments on his other truck that was set up similar, except it was a gasser so no exhaust tip, but it did have mud tires 🙄🙄🙄

The brother was pretty proud of it, till I asked why it was missing the front drive shaft and pumpkin 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I'd have to agree with the diesel delete comments

guy up the street has a cummins ram, deleted, straight pipe. He'll drive by in about 15 minutes (0630 am) and of course in the highest gear it has (probably 6th) at idle speed, on the floor. Shakes the house. Sounds like absolute crap. All diesels sound like crap unless it's an old Jimmy and some of those do too.

A majority of "diesel guys" have a problem. They gotta have the biggest most expensive pickup truck I guess because it makes them feel better about having a small member? Dunno. Most of them, and this part includes myself, would be better off with a gas burner. I would have one but when I was truck shopping the 7.3 just fell into my lap. Been a decent truck but it's aging. Needs Lariat interior work now, and also injectors & cups. About $5000 worth of work. 230,000 miles. I don't drive it much anymore. Smokey slow noisy rough riding gutless, I'd just as soon drive the Mustang which oddly has 4 or 5 different colored body panels, worn tires, wheel bearings loose on front, noisy, 4 cylinder, manual, manual windows, but the a/c works and now so does the heat since I replaced the heater core. Don't care if I wreck it, it's paid for, and it's cheap to own. Dirt cheap. I can't say that about my old 7.3 Ford.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I'd have to agree with the diesel delete comments

guy up the street has a cummins ram, deleted, straight pipe. He'll drive by in about 15 minutes (0630 am) and of course in the highest gear it has (probably 6th) at idle speed, on the floor. Shakes the house. Sounds like absolute crap. All diesels sound like crap unless it's an old Jimmy and some of those do too.

A majority of "diesel guys" have a problem. They gotta have the biggest most expensive pickup truck I guess because it makes them feel better about having a small member? Dunno. Most of them, and this part includes myself, would be better off with a gas burner. I would have one but when I was truck shopping the 7.3 just fell into my lap. Been a decent truck but it's aging. Needs Lariat interior work now, and also injectors & cups. About $5000 worth of work. 230,000 miles. I don't drive it much anymore. Smokey slow noisy rough riding gutless, I'd just as soon drive the Mustang which oddly has 4 or 5 different colored body panels, worn tires, wheel bearings loose on front, noisy, 4 cylinder, manual, manual windows, but the a/c works and now so does the heat since I replaced the heater core. Don't care if I wreck it, it's paid for, and it's cheap to own. Dirt cheap. I can't say that about my old 7.3 Ford.
I drove several new "gas jobs" before buying the F350 6.7.

If you tow, there is just no comparison to a gas job.

Nicfin36

Equipment
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I would like a bigger truck for heavier loads, as my old Tacoma cannot do many things. I drew the conclusion that a diesel would just be too much of a headache and costly to maintain over a gasser for my limited uses. So, I can agree with a gasser serving many well, but I can understand if you tow often and/or for a living, a diesel would be worth it. If they did not have all the emissions crap and whatnot on them now, I might consider it, but they're not as simplistic as the enigine in my L2501, old John Deere and lawnmower, unfortunately.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Amazon started using electric vans for home delivery. After the batteries pooped out before finishing the routes in rural areas they had to go back to gasoline vans and/or hire people to make deliveries in their own cars and trucks. I need someone to show me where is the net savings in fuel used.

The simple truth is that if fuel prices go up so does the price of EVERYTHING else.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Ill be keeping my Dodge Eco diesel which gets an average of 22 mpg.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
My 2003 Duramax averages 21.1 and is not Eco anything. Interestingly when I bought it the price of diesel was at least 40 cents a gallon cheaper than gas. A few months later it went higher than gas and has stayed there. It has been pretty reliable.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I don't care if gas doubles or triples ( right now $5 USD/USG) ,I'll still drive my '97 F150 4.6 and tow my 7K trailer full of 'compost',avg of 1 load a day all spring-summer-fall.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
For me, still working from home so I went from a tank a week to a tank a month. I’ll fill up the diesel tank here this weekend and have 15 gal in the the transfer tanks. May get 10 gal of gas mixed with sta-bil for the quad and chainsaw use but other than that, if it is between eating out and fuel, fuel wins. We prebuy LPG and I will double that amount this summer. Still have 700gal on prebuy from this year.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The effect of fuel price increases at the pump are equivalent to a pay cut! Adjustments have to be made somewhere,

Reactions: 1 users

Nicfin36

Equipment
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Funny. you hear how food, delivery fees, this that and the other all need to increase when fuel prices rise. Some companies make serious efforts to reach out to the public and explain their price increases. Fair enough.

However, I NEVER hear about the price of goods and services coming back down when the fuel prices go down.