What's cookin' boys?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I like every thing but the shell fish,, they do funny things to me. And here I thought my stuffed shells were going to be good ,, lol

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
jerky.jpg

Venison Jerky

We started with 35lb of ground venison (a sweet road kill). We ended up with 10+lb finished weight. It is hard to be accurate because there was pilferage involved. I went 8 seconds in the chamber Vacuum and packed them in various sizes. We make round and flat about half & half.

I make all the sticks with a 18v bulk calking gun, it goes pretty fast. This was the largest single batch we have ever done. If I did these more often, I would get a sausage stuffer to fill the bulk gun with.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I get a kick out of Justin Wilson's cooking show on RFDTV.

Good ole Cajun Cookin', not that I'm an expert with Cajun.....🤔

Love his accent.

I think he's a branch in Fordtech's family tree.... (y) :cool:

CB4229A5-B4DA-4E2B-ACBC-683403E8143A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I just live close enough to Cajun country to enjoy their cooking.

If Adam and Eve had been Coonasses they would have forgotten about the apple and ate the snake. 😝

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well hoarders are messing with my chi 🤬🤬🤬🤬 Had a nice breakfast planned for my wife this morning. Was gonna make up some Buttermilk pancakes and bacon.

Ran up to the grocery store for some buttermilk and the milk cooler was empty 🤬🤬🤬🤬

So breakfast consisted of toaster waffles and bacon instead 🙄🙄🙄🙄

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Daren - you can make a substitute for buttermilk with regular milk and vinegar or some other acidic stuff like lemon juice.

For future reference...

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren - you can make a substitute for buttermilk with regular milk and vinegar or some other acidic stuff like lemon juice.

For future reference...
Yup, but since all they had was nut juice on the shelf, we were out of luck 😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂🤣

Lunch and dinner will be better though. Got left over chili for lunch. And a chuck roast in the oven for dinner 👍👍👍👍

At 1pm I gotta add the onions, carrots and taters in with the meat 😁😁😁😁😁 the pot roast will be ready at 5pm 😁😁😁😁😁

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Yup, but since all they had was nut juice on the shelf, we were out of luck 😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂🤣

Lunch and dinner will be better though. Got left over chili for lunch. And a chuck roast in the oven for dinner 👍👍👍👍

At 1pm I gotta add the onions, carrots and taters in with the meat 😁😁😁😁😁 the pot roast will be ready at 5pm 😁😁😁😁😁
I’m always up for a science experiment, I wonder if almond milk plus acid would work. I think the acid reacts with the baking soda to make bubbles so it might not matter if wrong kind of milk. Interesting. I don’t usually cook or drink almond milk so no experience.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I’m always up for a science experiment, I wonder if almond milk plus acid would work. I think the acid reacts with the baking soda to make bubbles so it might not matter if wrong kind of milk. Interesting. I don’t usually cook or drink almond milk so no experience.
I wasn't about to try my pancake recipe with almond milk. After the episode of the ranch we saw about the almond milk, I dont think i would have gotten over the ribbing from my wife 🤣😂🤣😂

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
That's exactly it - the vinegar replaces the acid in the buttermilk, to create that reaction. It's not quite the same flavor, but if you don't have buttermilk, or don't normally keep any, it's an adequate substitute.

No idea what else would be different with almond milk, never used the stuff.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
That's exactly it - the vinegar replaces the acid in the buttermilk, to create that reaction. It's not quite the same flavor, but if you don't have buttermilk, or don't normally keep any, it's an adequate substitute.

No idea what else would be different with almond milk, never used the stuff.
Well curiosity got the best of me and a quick search found a bunch of recipes with almond milk. Basically the same as usual. I like my sour dough pancakes the best, which don't require milk at all, but good to know there are other choices!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Chicken Riggies....it’s a product of Utica, New York.

Pretty spicy.... and. I can make a prettygood version.

851CF341-2FBC-4184-8259-44456F19C9E4.jpeg

Somebody likes me.....

image.jpg

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
There needs to be a "hungry" reaction...