What's cookin' boys?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Contributing to thread creep here, but RCW have you got any pictures of a La Salle? Earliest car I can remember riding in. Say 1950 or less? Black. My mother hated it because it popped out of gear on grades.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Contributing to thread creep here, but RCW have you got any pictures of a La Salle? Earliest car I can remember riding in. Say 1950 or less? Black. My mother hated it because it popped out of gear on grades.
sheep - I don't have any on my phone, but we do have LaSalle's in the museum, They're all (2 or 3(?)) Pre-War, as LaSalle ended shortly after the Depression, as many car manufacturers did.

I will make a point of getting some photos for you next time I'm there! :D

Shucks...forgot to get info on a motorcycle CC Ray was asking about when I was there Tuesday..... :eek: Daren posted a bunch of great photos from his visit there. A certain bike peeked both of their interest...

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Talkin cars

Anyone remember one of these?

Name it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cord. First American production front wheel drive car.

Talk about a funky transmission linkage...first one I saw was an L29 owned by a friend...looked like shifter linkage was made out of old coat hangers that came over the top of the engine from the dash. Darndest looking thing, but it worked!

We had a Boat tail Speedster in the Museum in orange, but now I'm not sure if it was a Cord or an Auburn....I think it was a Cord...but can't swear to it.

Great cars, and of great value in original condition..or any condition as far as that goes.

The term ACD is for real highly-regarded American classics...Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg....

Beautiful car, John! I can tell it's yours because of the German Shepard in the driver's seat!;)

Last edited:

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Sold it a few years ago.

It was a 37 original car with an Olds Tornado drive train. Air conditioning too.
Car would do 100 on the freeway like floating on a cloud.
(Front wheel drive)
Its living in Sweden now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The old and the new.

My homemade chicken wing sauce on the left. I can see myself bottling that in my retirement. We call it “medium” heat, but the inexperienced might think the Devil farted on it....[emoji12]

My wife’s grandmother’s pizza/marinara sauce on the right. Literally came with her on the boat.

Both are delicious!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
The old and the new.

My homemade chicken wing sauce on the left. I can see myself bottling that in my retirement. We call it “medium” heat, but the inexperienced might think the Devil farted on it....[emoji12]

My wife’s grandmother’s pizza/marinara sauce on the right. Literally came with her on the boat.

Both are delicious!!

Send me some of that wing sauce please lol.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
For many years, we've (I've) roasted whole tenderloins on the grill on Christmas and Easter.

Few years I did standing rib because tenderloin prices were off the chart.

Got a couple little tenderloins for $7/pound...about 4.5 pounds each... They're not prime, but for grilling, I could care less. These are peeled of some silverskin. I don't pull the chain or much else because I'm grilling them... I want as much fat as possible.

Kids/sons in laws should all be home. They're all big eaters, because they are runners. Look forward to it! Just hope Mother Nature allows it to happen...maybe I should get one more....

Last edited:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Just emptied my 5-gallon pot into 25 ziploc bags full of split pea with ham. I make it with a few potatoes and 7 bags of peas. 12 cloves of garlic. It thickens up in the freezer and we use it as a dip on fresh baguette for a lighter dinner meal. Lasts for over a year in the freezer, just fine.

:)

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I love to cook and my 3 year old will eat just about anything, lucky me.

Cooler sitting in the kitchen, she opens it and says dad who cleaned the deer? Have 2 does in the cooler so after nap she is going to help me bone it out for soaking.

Dinner, ribeyes, baked beans, new taters, and treat for her mac n cheese.

Fresh back strap on the menu for tomorrow night wrapped in bacon. I cook the bacon some before wrapping around the loin so it will be crispy when loin is medium rare. I do cook Ella's to no pink just to be safe.

Cold here, raining now woke up to snow covered yard. We don't see lot of snow here in NC.

Venison chili on the menu for later in the week.

Stay warm and dry OT.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Sheep - I sent you a couple pictures of a great LaSalle via PM.

You're more than welcome to post them publicly here if you wish. Just wasn't sure if it's the type/era of LaSalle you were remembering...

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Gonna to be some hogmaw for dinner :p

What’s that?.?., new term for me...something pork is obviously stuffed with something pork (?)....

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
What’s that?.?., new term for me...something pork is obviously stuffed with something pork (?)....
Yeah, me too... what's that?

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
My grandma Ritchey's Hogmaw (pig stomach) recipe which is simple -

• Pig Stomach
  • Potatoes
  • Onions
  • Cabbage
  • 80/20 Fresh sausage / 98% lean ground beef
  • couple eggs
  • Salt & Pepper mixed in melted butter to season

Cook covered to about 2hrs at 425 then uncover and cook another 1 or so to make the outside crispy.

:)

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
All ready to carve up and eat - it looks darker in the picture than it actually was for some reason.

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
All ready to carve up and eat - it looks darker in the picture than it actually was for some reason.

Looks good...bet it smells great too!