What's cookin' boys?

kwanwon

Equipment
Kubota B26 TLB, 2 Yanmars, and a Husqvarna 2653
Mar 9, 2017
Camas Wa
Grills were invented so men could cook outdoors and MAYBE have an adult beverage (or 2).:D

Labor Day weekend means cookouts here!

Roasting a split turkey on the grill today. Split it with my reciprocating saw and (new) demolition blade.

DO NOT EVER use a Stihl 046 Magnum chainsaw for this...........even if you have a new chain..............Trust me on this one! The Mrs. is apt to....well, never mind......:(;):eek:

Porterhouse Steaks tomorrow, straight from a farm about 5 miles from my house.

Sweet corn, salt 'taters, summer squash. (Corn and squash from local guys, 'taters from the store)

Maybe a spare rib!

You hear the Dinner Bell!?!?

What's cookin'??
Next time you use the chain saw, use olive oil for chain lube. That might be where you went wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Got some beef tips simmering on the stove. :D

I chop up 1 large onion, and brown that and the stew meat in a large pan. Then add 3 tablespoons of minced garlic. Saute the garlic with the onion and meat for a few minutes. Then add 1/4 cup Worcester shire sauce, 1/4 cup soy sauce and 2 cups water. Bring to boil, then let simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Check it occasionally to make sure it doesnt get too dry or burn.

I then add 1 cup of water, and a packet on onion gravy, then boil again for a few minutes.

I serve it over mashed taters, but can be served over rice or noodles as well :D:D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
These will end up chicken and shrimp fajitas. Meat marinating now, peppers and onions will join the party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
My little friend decided to bless my BBQ this weekend. Did a couple nice salmon steaks and will do the rest in the smoker tonight. It's in a nice brine now and will be ready for the smoker late this evening. The steaks on the BBQ were divine. King salmon are a bit fattier than sockeye or coho salmon so ya have to be careful so no blackening flare ups. Of course I use the excuse "It's blackened fish.... popular down South" No one believes me. Sad sigh.

Attachments

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I had a 3" thick piece of prime rib in the freezer so thawed it last week and one day came home for lunch. I prepped my sous vide water to 140F, the "steak" was about room temp so I put it in a freezer bag with smoked salt, pepper, two smashed garlic cloves, a couple of glugs of EVOO and a sprig of rosemary. I left that cook in the water for three hours then removed and let rest. I finished it on a screaming hot grill for about two minutes per side and because it was already rested was able to slice and serve with the the jus. Great crust and perfect medium rare edge to edge -

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
6 degrees here at 2:30pm. -7 this morning..

Italian Giambotte. Chicken with sausage, peppers and potatoes, not the vegetable soup/stew version.

I'm Italian by marriage, and worked with both Italian and French chefs many years ago in my restaurant days.

Lots of names/spellings, but one of my favorites. Needs 90 minutes in the oven.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I prepped my sous vide water to 140F, the "steak" was about room temp so I put it in a freezer bag with smoked salt, pepper, two smashed garlic cloves, a couple of glugs of EVOO and a sprig of rosemary.
Holy smokes Mike, this was the first I saw this post.

Helluva way to do a 2-rib roast - - my hat's off to you!

Never would think of immersion....and I don't have a way at home.

Not a fan of standing rib roast, but a good ribeye steak on the grill is one of my favorites. Go figure......:confused::eek::p

Looks Great!!

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
You guys are amazing! I'm usually pretty happy just to get a Jimmy John's or Firehouse Sub.:D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
You guys are amazing! I'm usually pretty happy just to get a Jimmy John's or Firehouse Sub.:D
Bill - - I usually figure I can make almost anything as good at home for ALOT less money.

When I was in the business, the Mrs. understood that I didn't want to go to a restaurant for a "date night".....It was cool to have someone else make it, but I know how I would make it....

When we got married, we had our Reception at my Elks Club. I had to fix the draft beer system in my tuxedo.

36 years later she still agrees that I'm a great cook, but my "date night" argument holds less water.......I keep trying.......:rolleyes::p:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Having some BBQ pork chops, green beans from the garden, rolls, baked potatoes and some Aviator Devils Tramping Ground Tripel.......

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
Tacos...
A pound of Kroger Course Ground 80/20 beef,
Sliced like a loaf of bread, add two tablespoons water,
with a little steak seasoning, cook over medium low
with a tight lid until no pink.

Add Mrs Dash Taco mix,
and Kroger Three Pepper and Onion blend vegetables
Add a tablespoon dried onion, and a tablespoon Mrs Dash Spicy,
Cook 10 minutes over medium low...

Serve with tacos shells and fixins of your choice...

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Just had a big steaming bowl of chicken and andouille gumbo, good stuff on a cold day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Last week it was elk Ribeyes that's the way we grill in Ca

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Last week it was elk Ribeyes that's the way we grill in Ca

Oh, wow.....all I can say, except they look like porterhouse - even better!!![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Venison shanks today. Osso buco for lunch. Barbacoa in the oven.