What does the sticker on your vehicle say about you or what people may think about you

pigdoc

Equipment
G1800S L2500
Aug 19, 2022
SE Pennsylvania
^^^^^

Exactly right!

They will tell you they want people who are "open minded' (sounds more palatable).

But what they really want are people that are 'Malleable'.

I mean...after all, we can't have people thinking for themselves, right?
The justice system in America is not about finding the truth, it's about what you can cause a jury to believe.

-Paul

Reactions: 2 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I've got a "KENPO KARATE, strike first and often" decal. People must see that and know I'm a bad ass 'cause no one has keyed the truck, shot me, or started a fight! Decals Work!!!! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

notaz3

Mar 16, 2021
ID
It doesn't have to be 'sticker'. It can just be the vehicle you drive.

My Daughter is an RN who does 'Travel Nursing'. She is currently out in California. I can't tell you how many times Her truck has been 'key'd' by people.

Seems some folks take offense to a big 'Gas Guzzling, Crew Cab Truck with TEXAS PLATES'.

We don't do that to their Volvo's when they visit/move here. But its a different world out there.
Not sure what part of California your daughter might be in; however, it's not Central. My wife drives her Crew Cab to work several times a month with Idaho plates, and never had an issue.

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
Vintage NHRA & small US flag on my truck

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Not sure what part of California your daughter might be in; however, it's not Central. My wife drives her Crew Cab to work several times a month with Idaho plates, and never had an issue.
Just South of San Fran currently.

Didn't have that problem when further North or even SoCal.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Just South of San Fran currently.

Didn't have that problem when further North or even SoCal.
Son got off a plane in California. Not sure what part. Stepped outside baggage claim to have a smoke.

Some dude snatched his cigarette and said "There!!! I saved your life!!! You should thank me!!!!".

Son replied "Do that again and it's gonna seriously shorten yours" 😅🤣😅🤣😅🤣😅

• Haha

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You drive a dump truck? Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Not actually mine. I saw that on the back of a Mini Cooper many years ago when they first were introduced to the US market. The car was fire engine red with that sticker on the bakc!

• Haha

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Never had many bumper stickers. I think partly because a couple years out of college I started driving a company car for work which was also provided for my personal use as part of the compensation. Of course stickers, decals, and such were prohibited. Didn’t even have a company logo on it. 20 odd years of that probably had some influence on not flying stickers on my vehicles. Kind of like tattoos, nothing against them, just not my thing.

People have made assumptions about me based more on what I drive. When my company car was a Crown Vic (had several of those over the years) many people assumed I was LEO (I wasn’t). For a while I had a Chevy Astro van as my company vehicle and people thought I was the cable guy (I wasn’t). Now I’m driving a white 4WD pickup, work truck trim package, and I get random people assuming I’m some sort of construction tradesman (I’m not). No shame in being LEO/cable guy/contractor IMO so never bothered me.

I did have one, and only one bumper sticker. I had a Nissan Frontier 4WD. Replaced the front bumper with a winch bar and rear bumper with a matching “off road” bumper from Schrockworks. It came with a bumper sticker which I tossed aside but didn’t throw away. Stuff like that for Frontier’s wasn’t easy to source at the time (maybe still isn’t). I had MANY people ask me where I got them. People left notes on the windshield asking me to call them to tell them where I got them. To make it worse, when I said, “Schrockworks” most people thought I had a speech impediment so I had to spell it for them. After a few months of this, I found the Schrockworks bumper sticker that had their phone number and website on it and stuck it on the right end of the winch bar. No more questions.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
No bumper stickers but id really like an led programmable sign on the back of my truck so i can "communicate" with other drivers sometimes

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
People left notes on the windshield asking me to call them to tell them where I got them. To make it worse, when I said, “Schrockworks” most people thought I had a speech impediment so I had to spell it for them. After a few months of this, I found the Schrockworks bumper sticker that had their phone number and website on it and stuck it on the right end of the winch bar. No more questions.
^^^^^

That made me laugh.... (y)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is she doing it in Idaho or California?
I do know that California plates up here will get you some colorful hand signals and words or worse.

Idaho people love trucks!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Nothing on them at the moment, I have Caution K9 / Wolf window stickers that need to go on them.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
No bumper stickers but id really like an led programmable sign on the back of my truck so i can "communicate" with other drivers sometimes
I would get in serious trouble with something like that. 😅🤣😅🤣 I would either get shot, rear-ended, or both 🤣😅🤣😅🤣😅 My warped sense of humor would get the better of me. 😅🤣😅🤣😅🤣

Reactions: 1 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Idaho people love trucks!
So do Texans.

But not too popular where my Daughter is right now apparently.

When she first moved to Redwood City, CA, she rented a small house. Pulled her truck as far up into the driveway as was possible. Next day before leaving for work she found a ticket on her windshield.

Seems her rear bumper was sticking about 4" over the sidewalk (a violation there). Said she just about packed it all up to head back home (Texas) then and there.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
No dealer stickers on any of my rides ! Not unless they're going to PAY me to advertise for them !!
When I bought my F150, I told the salesman that if there was a dealer sticker on it when I came to pick it up, the deal was off.
The only sticker on it is on the window of the cap, a Sheriff's Association sticker.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
The defense did not want people willing to state their opinions, as they are harder to sway than others.
My best friend wore his favorite t-shirt. It showed an electric chair, with the caption, "Justice: Regular or Extra Crispy".

They didn't want him on the jury, for some reason....

• Haha