What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

06B3030

Equipment
B3030, LA403, BH75, York Rake, Plug Aerator, 6' Rear Mower, Forks, Weight Box
Sep 21, 2015
MA
Dug out the foundation for my neighbor over the last couple day's.

Darndest thing: Tractor started running like used dog food and then died.....fire it up and it would do it again.
So I say's to myself: "self....if someone posted on the forum that this was happenin, what would you suggest they consider the issue to be?"
Well.....I figured it must be fuel related, and starting with the easiest thing first (I considered the degree of difficulty in getting the fuel tank off first actually)....I started with the fuel filter.
Presto-whammo.....out comes a piece of rust or junk of some sort when I shake it. Reinstall and the B2650 runs like it only has 1000 hours on it again (because it does :) )

Ok....that's yesterdays adventure.
Gotta love those EASY fixes!!!! (y)(y)

Reactions: 1 user

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Tried to get some work done don't know what I'd do without the AC it was like 96 degrees out there today.

IMG_4983.jpeg

IMG_3576.jpeg

IMG_3580.jpeg

Reactions: 12 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Leveled a spot to put up a tractor shed. Then the wife says "hey, put up a smaller shed, move all the crap out of the garage and put the tractor in the garage". Lights, power, tools, already there and done. That why we've been together 40 years and counting!!! (between you and me I'm getting the biggest shed I can get away with anyways).

Took three weeks working by myself but it's done, just needs a shed. No backhoe on the 1880, could not have done it without the tooth bar - from striping the sod to digging the trench - priceless.

190 blocks, 60 caps, 59 tons of material (Sandy loam fill, paver stone, clean stone for drainage, crushed #2 for the driveway and shed area). The Little BX is a champ.

Here's some pics.

Sod stripped - what a PITA from all the crap left over when they built the house and garage.
View attachment 110834

Sand loam fill packed down like concrete, nice stuff. Dug the trench with the bucket and shovel.
View attachment 110835

In progress, compacted paver stove under the first course of block, fabric, drainpipe, clean stone.
View attachment 110836

Top course is done. PL500 works great, get the 28 oz. tubes, cost less per oz. than the smaller tubes and they go further.
View attachment 110837

Dry stacking the caps to see how they fit around the curve. Lots of fussing, cutting with a concrete blade in my circular saw. HF comes through again with the least expensive blade and man it cut well. Can't see it here but I went right to the top of the wall with clean #2.
View attachment 110838

Done. I laid landscape fabric over the sandy loam and under the 6" crushed stone right up to the garage. Shouldn't settle too much, if at all.
View attachment 110840

Another picture of the final product.
View attachment 110841

You can see in the last picture I over estimated (BY A LOT!!) how much paver stone I needed. Major senior moment there. 30 years as an energy engineer and I still have trouble with math. If anyone has any suggestions what to do with it - maybe Craig's list, FBMP, spread it in the driveway?

With all the seat time the BX turned 200 - WHOO-HOO! Time for a well-deserved maintenance interval.

View attachment 110845
VERRRRRRY NICE !!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Bee-Positive

Equipment
BX1880
Nov 16, 2022
Amsterdam, NY
I would call the place you got the stone from and ask first if it’s a significant amount, it may be a long shot but you never know. Otherwise throw it on Facebook market place and I bet you’ll get some offers.
The original place only has large trucks so my little 1880 wouldn't be able reach high enough to load it. They'd have bring a loader and a truck, too costly for them. I have a couple of walkway projects to redo, spread some to help pack down the new stone in the driveway, probably put the rest on FB.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Mowed the lawn, not as much to cut grass. More to chop up leaves.

Noticed our Sugar Maples and a lot of Sugar Maples in the area are having some issues. Doesn’t seem pronounced in Red or Norway, but see it in some Silver Maples street side in town.

This is my backyard and our woods next door. Can see a Red or two behind the house are green….none of them are more than 100 years old. Sugars can go 200 years plus.

Only some were tapped for sap this year.

We were dry in May-June, when they leave out and flower. Hasn’t been dry since.

Puzzling and concerning.

IMG_6078.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
Brush hogged the sun flower plot, and pumpkin vines.
20230906_100758.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Had a chance to make a 1st run in the woods witht the flail mower. Made a nice path loop in n out but I'm going to have to spend some time in there with the grapple. Way too many rocks. No reason to beat the crap out of the tractor or mower.

Finally moved a small load of 4X4's x 8' that I took from the old house when we moved. Just dropped them on the forks and put them in the back woods. I have to get the implements off the ground back there and temporarily these 4X4's may be the answer.

Reactions: 2 users

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Isn't it rewarding when you solve a problem like that using your own mental capacities! Good job. What you digging, sand?
It sure is....and a heck of a lot less expensive than some of the other considerations I had:
Buy a New L2510 (i think that's the B2650 replacement)
New Fuel Pump
New Injectors

Digging in really sandy soil....with some rocks here-n-there.
This area has a lot of rocks ... job I did last Summer close by seemed to be nothing but rocks and a little dirt thrown in for looks....ugh!

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY

Noticed our Sugar Maples and a lot of Sugar Maples in the area are having some issues. Doesn’t seem pronounced in Red or Norway, but see it in some Silver Maples street side in town.

This is my backyard and our woods next door. Can see a Red or two behind the house are green….none of them are more than 100 years old. Sugars can go 200 years plus.

Puzzling and concerning.

View attachment 110914
I’m in Rensselaer County; all my sugar maples look kinda crappy this year.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia

Puzzling and concerning.

View attachment 110914
Silvers are finicky. They look stressed. Did it go from too dry to lots of rain? Overly wet soil can stress them just as much as drought can.

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
The original place only has large trucks so my little 1880 wouldn't be able reach high enough to load it. They'd have bring a loader and a truck, too costly for them. I have a couple of walkway projects to redo, spread some to help pack down the new stone in the driveway, probably put the rest on FB.
I didn’t even think of that my bad. But it sounds like you got a plan for it now!

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
The previous owner had planted about 25 pines as a 'privacy barrier' between the neighbor's property. Not a good choice. All the lower branches are dead and provide no visual blocking. So today I started cutting down 10 of them. That area is really the only place we need a fence for. Got 5 down before the Dewalt battery gave up. Good timing, I was about to bag it as the temp was 95.

Put the grapple on the tractor and moved them into the woods.

Tomorrow 5 more.

picking up pines 20230907_153408.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
Scored a bunch of sweet free 5x12 and 5x10 pallets. Forks came in handy. Best upsale ever (from the salesman when I bought my first tractor).

I plan to use these to stack air drying lumber coming off my chainsaw mill.

IMG_6746.jpeg

IMG_6776.jpeg

IMG_1723.jpeg

Reactions: 11 users

06B3030

Equipment
Sep 21, 2015
MA
Finally installed LED headlight bulbs...what a difference!!!!!
Also installed a magnetic mount LED work light I had sitting around. When I upgraded to the 40 amp alternator, I ran a harness from the rear worklight wire under the right tail light, with a relay to a switch on the side of the dash. That thing is crazy bright. Should have done it years ago!!!

Here's the LED Bulbs I used.

IMG-8806.jpg

IMG-8801.jpg

IMG-8802.jpg

Headlights with single LED spot on right side of ROPS...

IMG-8804.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Lady down the road knocked her heat pump off the pad driving the mower like a F1 car. She got lucky. The lines did not kink and no joints cracked. Picked it up, replaced the pad, and set it back down. I leak checked the joints and no bubbles. Spun like a top when done.
IMG_2663.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Moved this pile of granite rocks to a more out-of-sight location. (could not get the dump trailer where I needed the rocks)
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG

Reactions: 6 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
After a monsoon rain, I needed to clear my water course of sediment/dirt/gravel.
For some reason, the runoff always deposits this material in this section of the water course.
Makes it easy to scoop up & store for future "fill" needs.
Should have taken a "before" pic. It was almost level with the surrounding grade.

IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Finally installed LED headlight bulbs...what a difference!!!!!
Also installed a magnetic mount LED work light I had sitting around. When I upgraded to the 40 amp alternator, I ran a harness from the rear worklight wire under the right tail light, with a relay to a switch on the side of the dash. That thing is crazy bright. Should have done it years ago!!!

Here's the LED Bulbs I used.

View attachment 111045

View attachment 111046

View attachment 111047

Headlights with single LED spot on right side of ROPS...

View attachment 111049
I’m new and a little nervous when it come to anything electrical, can you just swap these in w/o modifying anything? only thing I’ve done besides outlets is wired in a analog hour meter to the on switch of the tractor.

06B3030

Equipment
Sep 21, 2015
MA
I’m new and a little nervous when it come to anything electrical, can you just swap these in w/o modifying anything? only thing I’ve done besides outlets is wired in a analog hour meter to the on switch of the tractor.
The LED headlight bulbs are a SIMPLE SWAP! Just twist the locking ring and the bulb comes right out in the socket. Grab the bulb, push in, and turn to remove it. Reverse to install the new LED bulbs.

IMG-8801.jpg

Reactions: 2 users