What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Looks like y'all have a bit more moisture there. The dirt around my pit is like flour.
Well you and Matt clearly live in a wetter local than I. Here in the PNW it’s drier than a popcorn fart with wildfire being a very real concern. Six days ago the smoke was so dense, visibility was less than 1 mile and the AQI was approaching 500. We did get some rain the end of the week so that helped temporarily. It won’t be until the rains start in October that we’ll be able declare fire season over. Usually we burn in the November though April timeframe. Which is when it’s as likely as not to rain any given day.

Both of you have some nice looking places. I know that is a result of hard work. Nice job.

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Well you and Matt clearly live in a wetter local than I. Here in the PNW it’s drier than a popcorn fart with wildfire being a very real concern. Six days ago the smoke was so dense, visibility was less than 1 mile and the AQI was approaching 500. We did get some rain the end of the week so that helped temporarily. It won’t be until the rains start in October that we’ll be able declare fire season over. Usually we burn in the November though April timeframe. Which is when it’s as likely as not to rain any given day.

Both of you have some nice looking places. I know that is a result of hard work. Nice job.
Thank you, sir.
It is not normally this dry. Relative to where we are. Some surrounding counties are under a drought advisory. We are in drought watch. A lot of ponds are feet below full pond. Our creek has not had running water in a month. Hopefully we get it all back as snow!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I aint doin nuttin, it is already hot with high stupidity, sat on the porch watching the sun come up with a cup of coffee. And I was sweating my ,,,,,,, off already. SO in the house AC on for the next several days, but I may go to the cassino after the CT cause it is going to be 90+ tomorrow,, ssooo nuttin on the toys,,,errrrr tools

Reactions: 3 users

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
I picked up my new trailer on Aug. 20th. I used it the next day to mow around bee hives in several of my out yards.
20230818_120709trailer.jpg

The trailer in the background is my sons 12' er. My new one is a 24' deck.
new trailer.jpg

The tractor fills the entire trailer when the bushhog is on. If I have the forks on the loader the points stick through the front roll off gard.

Reactions: 6 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I picked up my new trailer on Aug. 20th. I used it the next day to mow around bee hives in several of my out yards. View attachment 110756
The trailer in the background is my sons 12' er. My new one is a 24' deck. View attachment 110755
The tractor fills the entire trailer when the bushhog is on. If I have the forks on the loader the points stick through the front roll off gard.
That trailer looks like it could carry the weight of two Kubota 2501s.
Deep supers filled with honey are very heavy though.:)

Last edited:

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
You can't see them but there are D ring's every 2' down both sides just for tying down hive equipment.

Reactions: 4 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Moving hay further from the house in case there are any brush fires.

View attachment 110719

View attachment 110720
My son and I made the rounds to fill/top off the wildlife water buckets and tubs today.

20230904_122038.jpg

Hay bales cover with the used billboard vinyl.
20230904_113735.jpg

20230904_113730.jpg

Spend all that time wrapping and protecting the hay?!? only because it doesn't rain here anymore. Less than 2in of rain since June.

Attachments

Reactions: 5 users

06B3030

Equipment
B3030, LA403, BH75, York Rake, Plug Aerator, 6' Rear Mower, Forks, Weight Box
Sep 21, 2015
MA
Had to strip and put down a new roof...let the tractor do the heavy lifting!!!
As you get older, you work smarted!

IMG-5575.jpg

IMG-8887.jpg

Reactions: 13 users

2001TLB

Equipment
L48TLB, 60" EA SSQA Root Rake Grapple, EA SSQA Fork lift
Nov 14, 2021
Shelton, Washington

Yep, pretty dry around PNW. I have a pile ready to burn and at least as much as ready to add to it as it burns down...once we get some rain. What I have done for the past couple of days:

IMG_3983.jpeg

Stay safe when burning everyone!

Doug

Reactions: 4 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Built (mostly) a new, additional coop for the newest chickens. Ill say it again, those forks are the BEST thing I ever purchased.
Coop1.jpg
coop2.jpg
coop3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
small sewer line repair required a "micro" mini. It was freaking hot today but we got it done by 2pm (sidewalk left in place...Score!).

Start: note white line in the stones to the right of the walkway. That's where the waste line is located.

H4-SHA946-1.JPG

dig: micro mini bucking bronco...but, it dug it! I was able to collapse the tracks to fit through the gate.

H4-SHA946-2.JPG

I was able to squeeze the bucket in between the fence and the sidewalk. We were supposed to rip out his sidewalk to do the job but I think he'll be pleased when he gets home and see's that he wont have to pour a new walkway.

H4-SHA946-5JPG.JPG

done:

H4-SHA946-7.JPG

check please...

H4-SHA946-8.JPG

Reactions: 13 users

Bee-Positive

Equipment
BX1880
Nov 16, 2022
Amsterdam, NY
Leveled a spot to put up a tractor shed. Then the wife says "hey, put up a smaller shed, move all the crap out of the garage and put the tractor in the garage". Lights, power, tools, already there and done. That why we've been together 40 years and counting!!! (between you and me I'm getting the biggest shed I can get away with anyways).

Took three weeks working by myself but it's done, just needs a shed. No backhoe on the 1880, could not have done it without the tooth bar - from striping the sod to digging the trench - priceless.

190 blocks, 60 caps, 59 tons of material (Sandy loam fill, paver stone, clean stone for drainage, crushed #2 for the driveway and shed area). The Little BX is a champ.

Here's some pics.

Sod stripped - what a PITA from all the crap left over when they built the house and garage.
1693942432105.jpeg

Sand loam fill packed down like concrete, nice stuff. Dug the trench with the bucket and shovel.
1693942548986.jpeg

In progress, compacted paver stove under the first course of block, fabric, drainpipe, clean stone.
1693942616957.jpeg

Top course is done. PL500 works great, get the 28 oz. tubes, cost less per oz. than the smaller tubes and they go further.
1693942701834.jpeg

Dry stacking the caps to see how they fit around the curve. Lots of fussing, cutting with a concrete blade in my circular saw. HF comes through again with the least expensive blade and man it cut well. Can't see it here but I went right to the top of the wall with clean #2.
1693942778375.jpeg

Done. I laid landscape fabric over the sandy loam and under the 6" crushed stone right up to the garage. Shouldn't settle too much, if at all.
1693943037089.jpeg

Another picture of the final product.
1693943227604.jpeg

You can see in the last picture I over estimated (BY A LOT!!) how much paver stone I needed. Major senior moment there. 30 years as an energy engineer and I still have trouble with math. If anyone has any suggestions what to do with it - maybe Craig's list, FBMP, spread it in the driveway?

With all the seat time the BX turned 200 - WHOO-HOO! Time for a well-deserved maintenance interval.

1693944538778.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

Bee-Positive

Equipment
BX1880
Nov 16, 2022
Amsterdam, NY
small sewer line repair required a "micro" mini. It was freaking hot today but we got it done by 2pm (sidewalk left in place...Score!).

Start: note white line in the stones to the right of the walkway. That's where the waste line is located.

View attachment 110826

dig: micro mini bucking bronco...but, it dug it! I was able to collapse the tracks to fit through the gate.

View attachment 110827

I was able to squeeze the bucket in between the fence and the sidewalk. We were supposed to rip out his sidewalk to do the job but I think he'll be pleased when he gets home and see's that he wont have to pour a new walkway.

View attachment 110828

done:

View attachment 110829

check please...

View attachment 110830
Thats awesome, you saved a lot of work by not having to pour a new walkway. Great job.

Reactions: 1 users

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Leveled a spot to put up a tractor shed. Then the wife says "hey, put up a smaller shed, move all the crap out of the garage and put the tractor in the garage". Lights, power, tools, already there and done. That why we've been together 40 years and counting!!! (between you and me I'm getting the biggest shed I can get away with anyways).

Took three weeks working by myself but it's done, just needs a shed. No backhoe on the 1880, could not have done it without the tooth bar - from striping the sod to digging the trench - priceless.

190 blocks, 60 caps, 59 tons of material (Sandy loam fill, paver stone, clean stone for drainage, crushed #2 for the driveway and shed area). The Little BX is a champ.

Here's some pics.

Sod stripped - what a PITA from all the crap left over when they built the house and garage.
View attachment 110834

Sand loam fill packed down like concrete, nice stuff. Dug the trench with the bucket and shovel.
View attachment 110835

In progress, compacted paver stove under the first course of block, fabric, drainpipe, clean stone.
View attachment 110836

Top course is done. PL500 works great, get the 28 oz. tubes, cost less per oz. than the smaller tubes and they go further.
View attachment 110837

Dry stacking the caps to see how they fit around the curve. Lots of fussing, cutting with a concrete blade in my circular saw. HF comes through again with the least expensive blade and man it cut well. Can't see it here but I went right to the top of the wall with clean #2.
View attachment 110838

Done. I laid landscape fabric over the sandy loam and under the 6" crushed stone right up to the garage. Shouldn't settle too much, if at all.
View attachment 110840

View attachment 110841

You can see in the last picture I over estimated (BY A LOT!!) how much paver stone I needed. Major senior moment there. 30 years as an energy engineer and I still have trouble with math. If anyone has any suggestions what to do with it - maybe Craig's list, FBMP, spread it in the driveway?

With all the seat time the BX turned 200 - WHOO-HOO! Time for a well-deserved maintenance interval.

View attachment 110845
I would call the place you got the stone from and ask first if it’s a significant amount, it may be a long shot but you never know. Otherwise throw it on Facebook market place and I bet you’ll get some offers.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon

Here's some pics.

View attachment 110834

View attachment 110835

View attachment 110836

View attachment 110837

View attachment 110838

View attachment 110840

View attachment 110841

View attachment 110845
Nice looking work!

As to the extra gravel, I’d make a wide spot in the driveway adjacent to the paved parking pad. Or push it the back side of the area you just built up.

Good job on going with as big a shed as you can talk folks into (or get away with). No need to have to add on later.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
This was a short retaining wall at my father’s old house where my son and his fiancé live. It’s about 35 years old, constructed of used railroad ties, and getting pretty punky so it was time to remove and replace. Grapple made disassembly and removal easy. View attachment 110644
First one we removed had a yellow jacket nest in it. Part of the nest that was in the rotted out hollow of the timber was quite visible while it was elevated in the grapple. View attachment 110645
After the initial battle with the tiny hellions was over, we had the field workers continuing to look for the nest throughout the day. Apparently some of the nest extended past the wall into the dirt behind as they dug out the hole in the dirt bank and continued business as usual. A second battle with the survivors appears to have concluded the war. If not, we shall continue until victory is ours! View attachment 110646
Had a pile of punky old Timbers to dump in the random log hole. View attachment 110647
Son was helping. He helped quite a lot. I’ll have to admit it was really nice to have a reasonably fit adult man to share the physical requirements of the job. Of course we had the L for most of the heavy lifting. View attachment 110648 View attachment 110649 A little backfill and all done. View attachment 110650
Did this little one on the other side of the house today as well. View attachment 110651
I'll say again, yellow jackets live/nest in the ground to get that little bit closer to Hell where they came from. That's a big nest. I found one nearly that big digging out a stump last year. It was early spring, so they were a little slow yet. and I managed to get away with only a couple stings. A couple was all I needed though to justify murdering that nest and every one I could find in the neighborhood. There's something about the sting that sets me off. They hurt, sure, but not very long. It's my temper they trigger more than the pain, and I don't just get mad, nor do I get EVEN. I get ahead. Glad no one was allergic and no one got hurt (running from them). Wall looks good.

Can I ask, what did you cut those with? Ties will DESTROY a chain because they're usually full of gravel chips.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I'll say again, yellow jackets live/nest in the ground to get that little bit closer to Hell where they came from. That's a big nest. I found one nearly that big digging out a stump last year. It was early spring, so they were a little slow yet. and I managed to get away with only a couple stings. A couple was all I needed though to justify murdering that nest and every one I could find in the neighborhood. There's something about the sting that sets me off. They hurt, sure, but not very long. It's my temper they trigger more than the pain, and I don't just get mad, nor do I get EVEN. I get ahead. Glad no one was allergic and no one got hurt (running from them). Wall looks good.

Can I ask, what did you cut those with? Ties will DESTROY a chain because they're usually full of gravel chips.
Milwaukee Super Sawzall set on full orbital with a 14” wood blade.

Have used a chainsaw on RR ties and creosote phone poles in the way back past, but my experience matches yours. Frequent sharpening and kills the chain way too fast.

Sawzall cuts a little slower than chainsaw but I can get through a 7”x9” tie in about 15 to 20 seconds so not bad. There’s the option for carbide teeth if you want longer life per blade, they’re cheaper than a chain, and really easy to swap out when needed. I toasted one carbide blade on the bigger wall we did three years ago. Good bit of life left in the blade after this smaller one.

06B3030

Equipment
B3030, LA403, BH75, York Rake, Plug Aerator, 6' Rear Mower, Forks, Weight Box
Sep 21, 2015
MA

Here's some pics.

View attachment 110834

View attachment 110835

View attachment 110836

View attachment 110837

View attachment 110838

View attachment 110840

View attachment 110841

View attachment 110845
Really nice job!!!!! Came out beautiful!

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Dug out the foundation for my neighbor over the last couple day's.

Darndest thing: Tractor started running like used dog food and then died.....fire it up and it would do it again.
So I say's to myself: "self....if someone posted on the forum that this was happenin, what would you suggest they consider the issue to be?"
Well.....I figured it must be fuel related, and starting with the easiest thing first (I considered the degree of difficulty in getting the fuel tank off first actually)....I started with the fuel filter.
Presto-whammo.....out comes a piece of rust or junk of some sort when I shake it. Reinstall and the B2650 runs like it only has 1000 hours on it again (because it does :) )

Ok....that's yesterdays adventure.

Attachments

Reactions: 11 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Dug out the foundation for my neighbor over the last couple day's.

Darndest thing: Tractor started running like used dog food and then died.....fire it up and it would do it again.
So I say's to myself: "self....if someone posted on the forum that this was happenin, what would you suggest they consider the issue to be?"
Well.....I figured it must be fuel related, and starting with the easiest thing first (I considered the degree of difficulty in getting the fuel tank off first actually)....I started with the fuel filter.
Presto-whammo.....out comes a piece of rust or junk of some sort when I shake it. Reinstall and the B2650 runs like it only has 1000 hours on it again (because it does :) )

Ok....that's yesterdays adventure.
Isn't it rewarding when you solve a problem like that using your own mental capacities! Good job. What you digging, sand?

Reactions: 1 users