What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Wife and I started the day with a trip to a local dealer to pick up the supplies for the 400 hour service for the L. Yeah, I know some may interpret it as an inappropriate flex, but I now have 15 gallons of SUDT2. After a couple more errands wife asked if I had enough left to buy lunch. Told her for her, anywhere she wanted so long as she had a coupon. True to form for her, she did not disappoint.
IMG_1130.jpeg

Of course I got a hat. I don’t have much hair so it’s kind of a tradition.

I’m on vacation this week. Servicing the tractor and Mule are two of this week’s chores. The guy I left in charge at work texted me that he was having a pretty irritating day and hoped I was faring better with whatever I was doing. Responded that, at that moment, I was looking up the rear end of a mule that needed servicing but it was still better than being at work. Sent him the below pic a few minutes later.
IMG_0574.jpeg

Part of the 200 hour service on the Kawasaki is changing the oil in the final drives. I was at the point of refilling the rear final when he texted.

With the Mule done and bay free, stripped the loader and box scrape off the L to get it into the bay for tomorrow’s fun. Of course 30 seconds after I got the loader off it called for a regen. Took the opportunity to clean up a bit while it screamed away for 20 minutes at WOT working at nothing just outside the door. It still looks weird when it’s naked.
IMG_1133.jpeg
IMG_1132.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Wife and I started the day with a trip to a local dealer to pick up the supplies for the 400 hour service for the L. Yeah, I know some may interpret it as an inappropriate flex, but I now have 15 gallons of SUDT2. After a couple more errands wife asked if I had enough left to buy lunch. Told her for her, anywhere she wanted so long as she had a coupon. True to form for her, she did not disappoint. View attachment 109267
Of course I got a hat. I don’t have much hair so it’s kind of a tradition.

I’m on vacation this week. Servicing the tractor and Mule are two of this week’s chores. The guy I left in charge at work texted me that he was having a pretty irritating day and hoped I was faring better with whatever I was doing. Responded that, at that moment, I was looking up the rear end of a mule that needed servicing but it was still better than being at work. Sent him the below pic a few minutes later.
View attachment 109270
Part of the 200 hour service on the Kawasaki is changing the oil in the final drives. I was at the point of refilling the rear final when he texted.

With the Mule done and bay free, stripped the loader and box scrape off the L to get it into the bay for tomorrow’s fun. Of course 30 seconds after I got the loader off it called for a regen. Took the opportunity to clean up a bit while it screamed away for 20 minutes at WOT working at nothing just outside the door. It still looks weird when it’s naked.
View attachment 109271 View attachment 109272
Seems like the 15 gal of SUDT-2 would be quantity overkill for those two machines.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I tried using the MX this past Sunday to remove the outboard from the boat and move it down one bolt hole on the transom, but it proved to be too difficult on my own. A friend is going to help me this week since it's at least a two-man show.

One of my nieces from England is staying with me for a few weeks but I sure as heck wasn't going to let her control the tractor and mess with the loader while I wrestled the 500lb motor (dry weight) off the transom! :oops: She doesn't have a driver's license yet and this isn't the time to teach her fine motor skills! :LOL:

mx6000_robalo.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I was loading up some stone for tomorrow, then this happened...:oops:

Kubota red 666.JPG

• Wow

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Slowly finishing finance committee projects - ran out of steel edging, guess she’ll have to wait a little longer 😎

IMG_0377.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Planted a few blue spruce. The PD25 did the most of digging.

20230815_191628.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I tried using the MX this past Sunday to remove the outboard from the boat and move it down one bolt hole on the transom, but it proved to be too difficult on my own. A friend is going to help me this week since it's at least a two-man show.

One of my nieces from England is staying with me for a few weeks but I sure as heck wasn't going to let her control the tractor and mess with the loader while I wrestled the 500lb motor (dry weight) off the transom! :oops: She doesn't have a driver's license yet and this isn't the time to teach her fine motor skills! :LOL:

View attachment 109287
Where’s the grapple to pluck that cherry off the back end? It might be time to think about a backho with a thumb…😉

Reactions: 1 user

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA

View attachment 109287
Don't know what size motor you are lifting as that is a factor. I moved my 140hp Suzuki (approx 420#) several years ago very carefully with a floor jack on the skeg with it slightly trimmed to keep the weight towards the transom. No issues and was done in about 15minutes by myself.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Where’s the grapple to pluck that cherry off the back end? It might be time to think about a backho with a thumb…😉
I'd love a mini excavator but it'll have to wait a few years! :sneaky:

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Don't know what size motor you are lifting as that is a factor. I moved my 140hp Suzuki (approx 420#) several years ago very carefully with a floor jack on the skeg with it slightly trimmed to keep the weight towards the transom. No issues and was done in about 15minutes by myself.
That's a great idea and I didn't think of that. There are two lifting points under the top cowling that I was using but the floor jack idea is appealing. I only need to get the motor off the two shorter bolts at the top and reposition one hole higher (lower motor) since the longer lower bolts are in slots rather than holes.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
That would be a nice compliment to your stable of MX and M for sure…if I had your money I’d have a mini ex just to tweak the motor on Sundays and a second one for dirt work during the week 😂 Im just busting your chops…but have you ever seen what operators can do with their equipment? (Beer bottle and golf ball picking)

Either way boat motors are awkward at best and smart to wait for a second set of hands if it doesn’t feel right I suspect a boat motor pinching your hand against the side or laying on your chest feels about as good a PHD would feel.

dbertheau

Equipment
LX3310HSDC, FEL w/CB1060, PFL1242, LX2963, WM-8M Chipper
Mar 5, 2023
Nevada City, CA
A friend came over with his excavator and log splitter attachment.

Split and stacked some and made a good pile...around five to six full cords split.

20230815_075342.jpg

• Wow

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Seems like the 15 gal of SUDT-2 would be quantity overkill for those two machines.
The L4701 takes 10.6 gallons for the hydraulic sump/transmission when changing the filters (which was also called for). Another 6.9 qt for the front axle and somehow I had it stuck in my mind it called for R/R front axle oil at 400 hr, which is wrong; it’s actually 800 hr until the front axle oil change. So 10 gallons wasn’t enough but I do have the better part of a bucket left over. After blowing a line on a Sunday afternoon at about 25 hours in the midst of a job where stopping was not an option, I prefer to have at least some on the shelf and I had none left in stock, so part was restocking supplies. If I fully bought into Just In Time inventory methodology, I bought too much, so depending on your viewpoint, you’re correct.

Of course the Mule has no use for hydraulic fluid of any sort. 🙂

2drx4

Equipment
B7100
Jul 24, 2023
PG, BC, Canada
www.4x4north.com

View attachment 109287
What I do a lot of the time with this sort of a problem is that I hang a 1000lb chain hoist off the forks/bucket/boom. Then I'm just getting it close with the machine and can get out and raise/lower it as needed with the chain hoist. I think I paid $70 for the hoist years ago.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I got my PD25 last year and it dug holes very well but it was like others mentioned the most hated implement to hook up until I built this stand to fasten the landpride stand/PHD last summer. It sat that way until this morning. Hook up was smooth as silk took less than a minute.

View attachment 109186
View attachment 109187
View attachment 109188
Nice stand.

Those who don't own a stand, back up to a heavy duty post and strap it to the post and disconnect. Or drill it down half way into the ground and disconnect it from the tractor.

Reactions: 1 user