What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

BonnySlope

Equipment
BX2380 FEL Add-A-Grapple, Titan 48" Box scraper, 60" Rake, 72" Rear Blade, Flail
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
Finished torquing bolts on my new 41" FH-EFGC Flail mower and then on to cutting and setting up PTO shaft after lifting mower from steel pallet base and leveling.
I was going to wait till tomorrow am, I couldn't. I left factory cut height for roller and skids all the way up. Went out and did a couple passes. One along the edge of field and into woods, I'd like to do an inch higher adjustment or maybe not it'll break down a lot of the windblown material in the woods. On the grass I cut it's to short, I cut my field with a zero turn set to 4" which controls unwanted growth, and it has a 54" cut not 41" like the flail mower. I threw a tape on mower. The housing is 41" plus belt housing Flail_Mower_adjustment (3).jpg
Flail_Mower_adjustment (1).jpg Flail_Mower_adjustment (4).jpg could of went slower to break up/down wood better.
Flail_Mower_adjustment (2).jpg Flail_Mower_adjustment_cut (5).jpg In the short test it's a blast, It'll take a dusk mask while reclaiming tree line. There were a few things that were different then what's state on manufactures web site. 517 lbs. crated weight, posted 570lbs. BX purred in woods on the little stretch I did on 2 and 3 branch's on ground. Mask is needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Spent a couple of hours mowing the yard with the BX for the first time in over a month. It's been so dry here, all that was growing was the buck horn and crab grass. Also spent another hour and a half trimming a lot of branches on the bottoms of a bunch of trees that I mow around and were hitting the ROPS and my head. Filled the bucket five times with trimmings.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada

K7G

Equipment
L2501HST, LA526 w/ L2248, BB1260, RCR1860, EA Disc Harrow
May 29, 2023
Aladamnbama
  • Haha
  • Wow

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We thankfully received 2 inches of rain over the weekend. Still really dry, but thankful for every drop we got. My nephew and I went out to the farm on Monday, trimmed some trees, weed eated around the buildings, sprayed grass/weed killer around them. Ended up doing battle with two different wasp nest that had decided they needed to build them right inside the barn door. Also, it has been so dry, found a large wasp nest inside the gutter drain pipe and I don't thank those wasp appreciated the rain we received as much as I did.

Finished off the day with mowing the weed tops down. It is amazing, just a little rain and everything was quickly greening up.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Bath day. Got the dust, mud and grass off both Orange and the Polaris. Sunny here but way humid. Little B has 930hrs and the big B has 236.

Attachments

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Bath day. Got the dust, mud and grass off both Orange and the Polaris. Sunny here but way humid. Little B has 930hrs and the big B has 236.
Also broke out the grease gun and lubed up all three machines

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Went "Beast Mode" with the min this afternoon and decided to pluck a tree that toppled over on my road to the range. This maple blew over (completely) last year but was still going strong since the bottom half of the root ball was still sucking swamp water.

View attachment 106337

View attachment 106339

Stump busting (hornets weren't thrilled, but Karma's a bitch...you'll see).

View attachment 106340

View attachment 106341

Ok...this here is the idiot that didn't put the front blade down when he attempted to toss the root ball over the side of the tracks. Machine tipped hard and fast and operator smashed his noggin on the front glass. Turns out safety glasses are a bit sharp. Whodaththunk? Luckily this goof had the front glass down or he would've ended up outside of the mini. Maybe next time he should wear the seatbelt?

View attachment 106342

I'm getting a bit of a headache as I post this.
;)
Doncha just hate it when your safety gear gives you the only injury for the day? All ya needed was that “one more” safety device. That ONE thing gave you a very subtle reminder.

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Doncha just hate it when your safety gear gives you the only injury for the day? All ya needed was that “one more” safety device. That ONE thing gave you a very subtle reminder.
Paint,

I certainly do. I do hope that it will serve as a reminder to wear a seatbelt.

Complacency Kills (or maims at the very least).

Reactions: 1 user

ScottHam

Equipment
Kubota L3560HST-LE 4WD; R4 tires; Armstrong Ag BRG-mini grapple; 1272 box blade
Jul 9, 2022
Texas Hill Country
Looks like a rug or blanket covering it.

Bill
Yup. I have a quick attach. And after that experience, and knowing I need to move the old fridge as well, I think Christmas may come early this year.....like tomorrow :)

• Haha

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
You will not regret buying a good set of forks. I use the forks almost as much as the bucket. Off loading, on loading, poor mans grapple, etc.! The older I ge the more I like tools that save my body. I remember an older guy back when I was an apprentice saying that you will learn to work smarter as you age boy.....That was just over 40 years ago ;)

Reactions: 3 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
While you guys were having fun, I was trying to get my yard mowed. Everything was going good, weather was almost tolerable, until I stirred up the yellow jackets. Five or so got me. When I was undressing in the laundry room, four were still trying to sting through my socks. That was the end of my outdoor activities. Fortunately, I'm not deathly allergic to them.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC

Attachments

Reactions: 7 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
When we first got the Kubota and chipper the first goal was to work down four brush piles within sight of the houses: 3 each about the size of a tour bus, and 1 about half that size. We did that. Plan going forward for routine stick pickup in the residential area: put it in one pile and chip when it got piled up pretty good. Well that worked for the first couple of rounds. Then wife decided she doesn’t like me chipping by myself (dangerous); and I’m sort of OK with that but for the past close to a year there’s always something “more important” to do.

So I’ve had this brush pile the size of a semi for months and changed “the procedure” to if you want to pick up sticks, we chip them right now. No more adding to the brush pile.

Today, after a brief explanation that chipping would ensue with or without complicity of others, we at least started on the chipping. It was, I think, a high of 98 degrees according to the thermometer on the end of the house and the humidity was up there as well, so it was a morning thing with a stoppage at lunchtime to prevent death, brain damage, or other dire outcomes. Got better than 1/2 of it done in the 3 hours we actually chipped. The grapple sifted for snakes before handling the brush. When it cooled off late in the day considered going back to chipping but wife had a few outside chores she wanted help with and I’m not a total jerk all the time so we’ll pick up chipping another day.

Spot sprayed the road, then spent a little time with the old Howse rotary cutter. It’s time to switch it from 90-140 gear oil to corn head grease. The check/fill plug has a recess for a 3/8” hex so not really ideal for adding a zerk. Looked like 1/2” NPT. To confirm, I found this 1/2” NPT hose bib in the plumbing parts bin and threaded it in the hole in the gear box. Perfect fit. Toward the end of the day went by the store to get a 1/2” plug with a square outie instead of the hex innie to accommodate a zerk. Found some corn head grease with free shipping but it isn’t in yet so no rush on that project.

Oh, almost forgot the snake. It’s an Eastern Black Racer that lives mostly in the shed. My wife hates all snakes. My adult son and his fiancé who live in a nearby house on the property also dislike all snakes. We have no mice or other varmints in the shed but I have found several snake sheds that match this guy and he and I have met in the loft a few times, always amicably. Son and wife ran across him and were pretty set on getting rid of him. Dissuaded them, but had to admit he’s the reason the shed is mouseless so they might see him in the rafters if they go in there (and they better not mess with him).
IMG_0934.jpeg
IMG_0941.jpeg
IMG_0921.jpeg
IMG_0914.jpeg

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Little BX earned its weight in diesel this weekend. Spent several hours a day cleaning this up. Looks like some sort of insect damage as there are small holes all over the thing. Got it cut up and dumped in the woods. Those 3pt forks really came in handy.

Attachments