What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Happy Fourh weekend everyone

Split the b7100 in two to do the clutch . Having a fun time trying to get the pilot bushing out anyone got any tips or tricks? and also wondering how crucial the grease seal for the pilot bushing is? The old one wasn't in great shape and less great after I removed it. Since I didn't order one with the clutch kit and I have no idea what the part # is I'm hoping I can get by without replacong it (I know dangerous game) but TBH I haven't greased the throwout bushing stuff in the 3 years I've had the tractor (didnt know there was a zerk in there accessible through a cutout in the casing) and I've had no excess noise

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Bypassing the system pressure switch would mean only ONE cycle to fill a pool, no matter how large the pool.
Until the well said "ENOUGH!" and the pump informed the owner that it doesn't do air as well as it does water.

I'm probably one of the few people in this forum that has been at the bottom of a dug well that was just large enough to have holes cut in the opposite sides for a ladder to climb out in limestone rock. It's an interesting emotion to have a 1 inch stream of water coming into the same hole you're standing in, knowing "if that sump pump stops, I'm treading water until someone lowers a rope."

I've seen a lotta things, and I've done a lotta things for an expat country boy turned engineer. There's a lotta reasons I left the farm, most of which are the same reasons I wish I'd bought my folks' property when my mother died. There's also a lot of things I'd rather let someone else do on that farm. Farm life ain't easy, and I laud every farmer that does it because they want to.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Happy Fourh weekend everyone

Split the b7100 in two to do the clutch . Having a fun time trying to get the pilot bushing out anyone got any tips or tricks? and also wondering how crucial the grease seal for the pilot bushing is? The old one wasn't in great shape and less great after I removed it. Since I didn't order one with the clutch kit and I have no idea what the part # is I'm hoping I can get by without replacong it (I know dangerous game) but TBH I haven't greased the throughout bushing stuff in the 3 years I've had the tractor (didnt know there was a zerk in there accessible through a cutout in the casing) and I've had no excess noise
Oof! I hate to see good old iron broke in half. Somethin tells me you shoulda got a book on that thing a long time ago. Wish I had some advice/experience to advise, but generally speaking, a seal is probably one of the most important parts of mechanical things that require grease.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Got the darn BH92 cover back on. I imagine this cover is installed to tension the bolts so there’s no rattle or loosening bolts but wow, it was tough for me to reinstall. Oversized the bottom holes a tad to help. My simple projects to major deals never ceases to amaze me.

IMG_2023-7-1-183952.jpeg

IMG_0330.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

trial and error

Equipment
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Oof! I hate to see good old iron broke in half. Somethin tells me you shoulda got a book on that thing a long time ago. Wish I had some advice/experience to advise, but generally speaking, a seal is probably one of the most important parts of mechanical things that require grease.
It's not "split in half" in the sense that it broke, it was intentionally taken apart, for clutch replacement.hope that clears it up. But yes the grease seal is something I wish I knew about beforehand. I did download the wsm at kbooks but printing it has been a challenge.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Today, in Central Alabama, according to the very conservative Weather Channel, 98F, feels like 112F. Hey, you Texicans can have your weather back. When the temperature matches the RH (relative humidity), that's brewing some serious ugly weather. I'm seeing clouds outside now, so it might be a good time to find s a small rock to crawl under.
Meh 112*

Tell Greta that Death Valley needs to take its heat back.

10 days ago it was a feels like temperature of 127*! We had many days /weeks above 120* heat index.
Screenshot_20230701_181138_Messages.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Until the well said "ENOUGH!" and the pump informed the owner that it doesn't do air as well as it does water.

I'm probably one of the few people in this forum that has been at the bottom of a dug well that was just large enough to have holes cut in the opposite sides for a ladder to climb out in limestone rock. It's an interesting emotion to have a 1 inch stream of water coming into the same hole you're standing in, knowing "if that sump pump stops, I'm treading water until someone lowers a rope."

I've seen a lotta things, and I've done a lotta things for an expat country boy turned engineer. There's a lotta reasons I left the farm, most of which are the same reasons I wish I'd bought my folks' property when my mother died. There's also a lot of things I'd rather let someone else do on that farm. Farm life ain't easy, and I laud every farmer that does it because they want to.
For those folks deeply into well scenarios with pump systems, there is a product on the market called a "pump saver", that will automatically shut a pump down if it should run dry.

Reactions: 1 user

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
old paint
I have been in the bottom of several hand dug wells. No ladder just climb down the rock walls.
I did one that the over flow drain clogged up with silt. I was standing in 2' of water using an army shovel filling a bucket that was pulled up and emptied. When I got the drain open I just had to stir the silt up in the well bottom and out it went. We had a 2" pump from the fire department running until that drain was opened. That was about 35 years ago. Now I am stiff getting out of the car after driving an hour.
Too many years milking cows.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Went "Beast Mode" with the min this afternoon and decided to pluck a tree that toppled over on my road to the range. This maple blew over (completely) last year but was still going strong since the bottom half of the root ball was still sucking swamp water.

Beast Mode 3.JPG

Beast Mode 2.JPG

Stump busting (hornets weren't thrilled, but Karma's a bitch...you'll see).

Beast Mode 4.JPG

Beast Mode 5.JPG

Ok...this here is the idiot that didn't put the front blade down when he attempted to toss the root ball over the side of the tracks. Machine tipped hard and fast and operator smashed his noggin on the front glass. Turns out safety glasses are a bit sharp. Whodaththunk? Luckily this goof had the front glass down or he would've ended up outside of the mini. Maybe next time he should wear the seatbelt?

Beast Mode Idiot.JPG

I'm getting a bit of a headache as I post this.
;)

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
That was your Grandmother, right?

I smiled when you first posted that picture years ago and still do….:)
Yes Sir. You have a good memory. This was taken a couple of months before her 100th birthday. She passed about a year later. I really miss her. I've never known anyone like her.

Reactions: 2 users

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
About 1:00PM the power went out, just as I had started sweeping as my daughter and family are arriving from Florida this evening. Waited about an hour, the neighbor behind me called and said the utility company's help line said it would be at least 4:30PM until power would be restored. Drat!
Went down to the shop, hooked the BX up to the genset, pulled it up to the house and was just plugging it in to the house when the lady that lives to the south walked up with a couple of dozen eggs for me from her flock. She said the power had just came back on. :confused::confused:
Unplug the cord, drive back to the shop, back it in, drop the genset, close up the shop and walk back to the house.
At least the genset got a few minutes of idle time.
IMG_20230701_140104165 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20230701_140408602_HDR (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Bypassing the system pressure switch would mean only ONE cycle to fill a pool, no matter how large the pool.
Except that the output of the pump is more than that of a hose. Pressure would have to go somewhere. Pipe fitting, washing machine hose....T&P valve on the water heater if you're lucky.

trial and error

Equipment
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Except that the output of the pump is more than that of a hose. Pressure would have to go somewhere. Pipe fitting, washing machine hose....T&P valve on the water heater if you're lucky.
Yes bypassing a pressure switch wothout watching it closely is a terrible idea

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Started on the septic drain field vent tubes. As one was leaning and I thought it was broke(Maybe the mower has hit it a couple times) but it had just come out of the junction box. Dug it up and reinstalled that vent in the junction box. Next one was broke so dug it up and reinstalled a new one.
20230630_131112[1].jpg
20230630_155833[1].jpg

Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Quite simple to provide outlet capacity for whatever the pump capacity might be.
I can keep my 10GPM pump running continually, by just using two hoses.

K7G

Equipment
L2501HST, LA526 w/ L2248, BB1260, RCR1860, EA Disc Harrow
May 29, 2023
Aladamnbama
Today, in Central Alabama, according to the very conservative Weather Channel, 98F, feels like 112F. Hey, you Texicans can have your weather back. When the temperature matches the RH (relative humidity), that's brewing some serious ugly weather. I'm seeing clouds outside now, so it might be a good time to find s a small rock to crawl under.
I‘m in east Aladamnbama just north of Lee County. I’ve probably been outside, every morning until noon almost every day except Sundays and yesterday for the last two weeks.

After 27 years in AZ, the heat and humidity here is tough but I do ok. A friend that lives near Moundville reported almost 4” of rain this afternoon in a short period.

Having so much rain the week the tractor was deliver softened up the ground which made digging easier. I added “dentures” to the loader this morning and luckily, didn’t beat the loader up during the first few weeks of ownership. In that time, I improved the drainage here with shallow ditches, added one drain pipe, lots of gravel & a little rip rap.

The new teeth really helped scoop up mulch from when we had pines harvested last year. All of the tops and limbs were mulched down into several piles, one of which is three feet high.

I moved several scoops of mulch up to each side of the driveway near our county road to firm up those sides where the driveway comes down to the house.

The forecast shows a chance of rain nine out of the next ten days. Hopefully, Monday, I can spread hay to help hold the dirt in place above the ditches. A neighbor dropped off a big roll several weeks ago and it’s come in handy. It sure does aggravate my sinuses in the process of spreading it though. Lol.

The new dentures.

IMG_6393.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
At least the genset got a few minutes of idle time. View attachment 106345
I like the little trailer that your generator lives on. Did you make that? I probably had tunnel vision when I made a steel cart for my Kubota generator. In hindsight a little trailer like yours might have been better. I think I see an upgrade in its future. :unsure: