What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Yu

Yup, precisely what I meant. Down here we tend to have water with high mineral content that reacts very poorly with most pool chemicals. Some places have‘dream water’ that requires very little treatment, others, not so much.

Bottom line, it cost a lotta moolah to treat the water. If you’re treating it for drinking water, I simply can’t see the logic of saving the water in the pool when the gardenis parched. Most of the treatment chemicals are done, it has been out in the open, and would likely take just as much treatment again for use as pool water. So why not use it to irrigate and use the treated water to refill the pool?
Yeah, I get what you are saying now.
We are fortunate enough to be 62 miles from a major river with a well drilled 200' below sea level. The water is very good (but hard) out of the ground. Old rock, but it's on a fault line. Didn't take much to turn our tap into nearly pure H2O.
@trial and error - our well is 9gpm. It far exceeds what we would get out of the hose bib. Far beyond that is the pressure washer. That puts out 1.9gpm on the highest setting. It uses less water than the sprinkler or shower. What would be bad is filling a pool with a standard well pump. That is a crap ton of cycles. A couple neighbors have pools they fill from the house. The one family that Jason the variable speed pump is the one that Jason not replaced their pump 😄

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
We are fortunate enough to be 62 miles from a major river with a well drilled 200' below sea level. The water is very good (but hard) out of the ground. Old rock, but it's on a fault line. Didn't take much to turn our tap into nearly pure H2O.
@trial and error - our well is 9gpm. It far exceeds what we would get out of the hose bib. Far beyond that is the pressure washer. That puts out 1.9gpm on the highest setting. It uses less water than the sprinkler or shower. What would be bad is filling a pool with a standard well pump. That is a crap ton of cycles. A couple neighbors have pools they fill from the house. The one family that Jason the variable speed pump is the one that Jason not replaced their pump 😄
It's not the gpm of the pressure washer it's the suction they create, which can wreak having on softner and filter beds, it's also not the cycles of the well when filling a pool, although that isnt great. Properly installed softners use a meter that is made to countdown from x to 0. Filling a pool with several thousand gallons of water by mid-day will.leave the house with hard water for the remainder of the day until the system can regen that night. Same rule applies for filters for sulfer etc they are ussually set on a calender clock but if you use all those gallons that are designed to be spread over several days you will have issues until those filters regen. Doing this repeatedly will lead to premature failure of your media. We are getting off topic but it is important to understand the why of the things I said
Also a 3/4" hose can produce 10-12gpm which is far more then most residential filters and softners are made to maintain

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
It's not the gpm of the pressure washer it's the suction they create, which can wreak having on softner and filter beds, it's also not the cycles of the well when filling a pool, although that isnt great. Properly installed softners use a meter that is made to countdown from x to 0. Filling a pool with several thousand gallons of water by mid-day will.leave the house with hard water for the remainder of the day until the system can regen that night. Same rule applies for filters for sulfer etc they are ussually set on a calender clock but if you use all those gallons that are designed to be spread over several days you will have issues until those filters regen. Doing this repeatedly will lead to premature failure of your media. We are getting off topic but it is important to understand the why of the things I said
Also a 3/4" hose can produce 10-12gpm which is far more then most residential filters and softners are made to maintain
Sort of..
Pressure washers don't create a suction on the inlet end as long as the output does not exceed the input. A pressure washer that puts out 2 gpm will not generate a negative pressure on a system that provides more than 2 gpm. As long as the well pump can exceed the output of the machine, there is no negative pressure.
Most modern softening systems regen based on gallons used + time, with a buffer. In my case, it is 2100 gallons, but it will soften 3000. So it goes into regen at 2am the day after it has passes 2100 gallons. However, it is still capable of softeninh another 900. Regen takes about an hour, during which time the system is bypassed leaving filtered water (not softened) to flow. It only cares about gallons. After a 60 minute regen, it puts out softened water. It doesn't take the rest of the day.
Further, a 3/4" hose might be capable of carrying 10gpm, bit it will only carry the flow that the well pump is putting out. That is typically less than 5 gpm due to pipe size and pressure. And the length of the line.
I'm not saying it's a good idea to dump 10000 gallons though your softener. Just that if my well will put out 15 gpm and has a 12 gpm pump (checked the specs since my prior post) it doesn't mean my hose will do that and I won't overload it.
Truth be told, when filling the RV, I get about 3.5 gpm at the end of a 3/4" hose (50') at 50 psi.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Well that spiraled out of hand quickly(I’d expect no less from this bunch).

We are on well water, that isn’t filtered. Straight out the ground and into the house. I did pour a gallon of bleach down it and recirculate it for a bit to wash down the pipe after it was done. It’s 400’ deep and fracked. Best tasting water I’ve had, even if it comes from a $15k hole.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

We are on well water, that isn’t filtered. Straight out the ground and into the house. I did pour a gallon of bleach down it and recirculate it for a bit to wash down the pipe after it was done. It’s 400’ deep and fracked. Best tasting water I’ve had, even if it comes from a $15k hole.
Sorry about that Matt - I just gave a little suggestion and it took on a life of its own…. :oops:

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia

Don't expect too much and you won't get let down 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I love living in the country. 4th weekend and neighbors helping neighbors burn storm damage trees.
IMG_1823.jpeg
70987129538__9C1D7057-0435-4D3D-8EF3-4DEA93E7BAC3.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Back to our normally scheduled program…

The neighbor buddy (a millwright) and I fixed on the brush hog today, a Land Pride RCR 1860. It had a handful of cracked welds after 15 years and about 450 hours and who knows how many “too” close contacts backing up along side a tree. I did the prep, he did the welding. I’ve attached a photo, but not really needing all the forum welding experts to tell me how we screwed it up.

Oh, and I’m a renegade, I fill my 6600 gallon redneck pool every spring with the 160 ft deep well that only has a sediment filter on it. The good thing about pumps? They sell them every day. The last one wimped out after 35 years. This one might outlast me, or not (‘cause pools).

IMG_1158.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I want to know who the genius that came up with the idea of bottling water in plastic containers and selling it to the public at an exaggerated and staggering dollar amount per 16 ounces bottle.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
I know. I suggested that to the wife and she went almost ballistic. I’ll have to sneak it in next time we fill it.
A half cup of Hydrogen Peroxide will take care of any problems and will not hurt wildlife if they come to drink the water at night.
I use it in the old bathtubs I use to water the deer. It kills the algae and doesn't harm the gold fish I keep in there.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, Mutti

Kubota Mutti.JPG

Reactions: 5 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Finally got to the place up north and hilled potatos…today was first pass with second set of discs…I tried several different orientations but it’s not quite where I want it…he rain convinced me that I should get out of the dirt and that I was done for the day. I did not bring a tape with me me, but you can use the can as a guage (I did not forget fluids😉). It’s about a foot high plus or minus an inch or so. The pins I ordered so I can use the bedder with QH20 worked 👍(cat 1 to 2 with a shoulder so works on the cat one bedder).

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Bypassing the system pressure switch would mean only ONE cycle to fill a pool, no matter how large the pool.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
A half cup of Hydrogen Peroxide will take care of any problems and will not hurt wildlife if they come to drink the water at night.
I use it in the old bathtubs I use to water the deer. It kills the algae and doesn't harm the gold fish I keep in there.
Today, in Central Alabama, according to the very conservative Weather Channel, 98F, feels like 112F. Hey, you Texicans can have your weather back. When the temperature matches the RH (relative humidity), that's brewing some serious ugly weather. I'm seeing clouds outside now, so it might be a good time to find s a small rock to crawl under.