What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
My NRCS rep did visit my farm for a final inspection of my work. I passed. He did note that I was getting some root sprout Locust trees (which I knew & plan to address). Said he had a mix he would send my way that would kill anything except Cedars. The rep has been a pleasure to work with. His expertise has helped me. I did struggle with time lines (read - deadlines) that were imposed. But he worked with me & the project is complete. We both signed the papers & now I just wait for the 💰.
How to Master Cedar

I'm glad you got a good rep. Mine is lazy and full of 'I can't' excuses, until I talk with her boss, the regional representative, then stuff happens.

Yes that regrowth is a PITA, especially for me, the invasive South Texas brush is relentless and it never ends.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
My 8N is 72 years old, and has sat for 9 years now.
Will be up for sale this weekend (July 4th).
I have owned it for 50 years, but it is time for it to go.
Has Sherman transmission, so hopefully will bring a good price.
Dad brought the 8N I have home in 1976. It’s the first thing with 4 wheels I ever drove, 47 years ago. Hope you get good price on yours. What I’ve seen is $1500 to $3000. The $3000 ones are the $1500 units that someone has spent a few thousand on to restore.

Reactions: 1 user

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
My 8N is a 1950 so 73 too and it hs the sherman over/under/direct. But I use it a lot still especially when the backhoe is on the L2501. I have welded up a 3pt to ssqa so I can use my LP forks on it so much handier to move a pallet as I can see it there vs front of loader. It is usually parked after the l and I just start and use for somethings and don't have to wait for it warm up like the diesel. It is also my snow plowing tractor with a power angle plow for the front. My son and I built a roller recently and the 8N was there to move it around using the drawbar. So I plan on keeping the N for sure. I figure I will give out before it does.

Bill

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
As usual we got a bunch of fir blow downs over the winter. They're spread around not concentrated. I've started to pull out any that I can make a stud log out of - 12' -6" long minimum and 6" diameter minimum. I went for these two the other day with the M5640 and winch.

BlowDwns.jpg

I stuck the camera up on the ROPS - so there is a little vibration. The video ends prematurely when the camera battery dies while pulling that lower tree off of it's stump. I found it pretty interesting what the winch cable did during that pull - something I've never seen before.

gg

Reactions: 3 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
My 8N is a 1950 so 73 too and it hs the sherman over/under/direct. But I use it a lot still especially when the backhoe is on the L2501. I have welded up a 3pt to ssqa so I can use my LP forks on it so much handier to move a pallet as I can see it there vs front of loader. It is usually parked after the l and I just start and use for somethings and don't have to wait for it warm up like the diesel. It is also my snow plowing tractor with a power angle plow for the front. My son and I built a roller recently and the 8N was there to move it around using the drawbar. So I plan on keeping the N for sure. I figure I will give out before it does.

Bill
With me being 82, and my 8N being 72 (rebuilt engine), I am virtually certain that, "I will give out before it does".

I simply don't need or use my Ford 8N, since I also have my beloved restored 32HP Ford 1920 FEL, (power steering is a wonderful thing ), and a Kubota L48 TLB.

After 50 years of my ownership it will be kinda sad to see it go,.......but it is time.
The cash will go toward grandson college expenses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I finished up cutting my friend's field this morning. The weather was nice even though the grass was still very wet and thick in places. I'm amazed by how fast it was this year using the M6060 and the RCR1884 in combination for the first time. The M6060 is a very comfortable and capable tractor and it makes this sort of work very enjoyable.

The big problem when it's wet is that the wheels flatten the grass and it doesn't stand back up again so I'll have to run around the field in a few weeks when I'm back home to take care of the stuff that escaped this first cutting.

View attachment 105799

View attachment 105800

View attachment 105802

View attachment 105803

View attachment 105804

View attachment 105805

View attachment 105806
Did you notice a difference with the front weights? Been thinking of adding some to mine for when I have the loader off.

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
How to Master Cedar

I'm glad you got a good rep. Mine is lazy and full of 'I can't' excuses, until I talk with her boss, the regional representative, then stuff happens.

Yes that regrowth is a PITA, especially for me, the invasive South Texas brush is relentless and it never ends.
Thank you for the resource. I have some prickly pear that I will work on too. You can’t have to many weapons when you’re trying to kill stuff (not trying to offend the kind hearted).
My NRCS rep is the supervisor (lots of experience). It is nice to ask questions & get answers as well as helpful suggestions.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Working on my Rc crawler course and keep getting hit with pop up thunderstorms thankful for a cab right about now lol
IMG_3529.jpeg
IMG_3532.jpeg
IMG_3531.jpeg
IMG_3536.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Are your tires filled?
No, I have the backhoe on all summer and Kubota doesn't recommend filling tires with the BH (maybe backend becomes a little overweight) so I only use the 3PH in the spring and fall, oh and winter. I have the R-4's and so far they wear extremely well and don't rut up yards too bad.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
With me being 82, and my 8N being 72 (rebuilt engine), I am virtually certain that, "I will give out before it does".

I simply don't need or use my Ford 8N, since I also have my beloved restored 32HP Ford 1920 FEL, (power steering is a wonderful thing ), and a Kubota L48 TLB.

After 50 years of my ownership it will be kinda sad to see it go,.......but it is time.
The cash will go toward grandson college expenses.
I have had my 8N for about 25 years. I like the size and that is why I bought the L2501. Mine is 73 and I will be 70 in about a week and a half so the 8n is my elder and I have to respect it for all it has been thru.

Bill

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Mowed grass again. Our weather has been terrible but the grass keeps growing. Noticed the FDR2584 wasn't leaving a uniform cut so I pulled the blades to sharpen. I had ordered new blades a month ago but so far only one showed up.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Did you notice a difference with the front weights? Been thinking of adding some to mine for when I have the loader off.
It's definitely a much better view out front mowing with the loader off, and the tractor and mower didn't feel bouncy at all. I would say that the balance and ride with loader and no front weights is comparable to front weights and no loader. The main reason for my removing the loader is to reduce stress along with wear and tear on various components while running up and down the field. I also hoped that I would be able to fit the tractor and mower entirely on the trailer but the tongue weight is excessive with the tractor all the way forward.

I'm over in England visiting my brother, and front PTO and 3-points are common on tractors over here. The Del Morino flail that I have is set up to be run on the back or the front of a tractor with input/output gearbox shafts. It sure would be awesome to have a mower of some sort out front.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The farm here has an LX-401 set up with front weights and an hydraulic offset flail that they've been using to cut the embankments around the lanes.

lx-401.jpg

lane.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
It's definitely a much better view out front mowing with the loader off, and the tractor and mower didn't feel bouncy at all. I would say that the balance and ride with loader and no front weights is comparable to front weights and no loader. The main reason for my removing the loader is to reduce stress along with wear and tear on various components while running up and down the field. I also hoped that I would be able to fit the tractor and mower entirely on the trailer but the tongue weight is excessive with the tractor all the way forward.

I'm over in England visiting my brother, and front PTO and 3-points are common on tractors over here. The Del Morino flail that I have is set up to be run on the back or the front of a tractor with input/output gearbox shafts. It sure would be awesome to have a mower of some sort out front.
There is a farmer a few miles from me, he has 2 big tractors( probably 100hp+) with front mowers. During the dry months, like now, I have seen the tractors in action mowing and pulling a rake behind in the hay fields.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Nice, but color ones are better :LOL:

View attachment 106130
I bought four of your stickers but would prefer it if the adhesive was on the image side so that I could stick it on the inside of the glass of both cabs. Perhaps a bit of research would reveal an appropriate clear adhesive that I could use.

Reactions: 2 users