What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
If you have one male and one female connector on your implements, connect the two together when you park them and they won't lock up. ;)
Well that didn't work. I parked my grapple, then connected the hoses together, when I went to disconnect them they wouldn't budge so once again it was necessary to loosen and bleed off the pressure. I didn't record the temperature difference between connection and disconnection but I am sure it wasn't great.

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Well that didn't work. I parked my grapple, then connected the hoses together, when I went to disconnect them they wouldn't budge so once again it was necessary to loosen and bleed off the pressure. I didn't record the temperature difference between connection and disconnection but I am sure it wasn't great.
The biggest thing I did differently to help myself with this issue was to stop dropping(disconnecting) my grapple in the direct sunlight. When I disconnect now, it goes under the shade tree or into the barn out of the direct sun. I haven't had an issue since.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Got the last of my snow removed, from where it drifts in (20' deep) on my access road to my lower 30 acres, and the road to IT stays unplowed all winter. 82 degrees, moving snow! Plus, moved my 1000 watt solar array back down the hill to the springs location, where it will pump water until late fall, then back uphill and plugged back into my grid tied main solar array.

Attachments

Reactions: 5 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Doing some ditching. Waited 4 years for dept of highways to do it but to say they are useless would be a bit of a understatement.

20230522_105434.jpg

20230522_125602.jpg

20230522_125554.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Picked up a little 4x6 trailer for the LX3310. Primary use will be to haul a tote of water around the property for shrubs, trees and gardening.

20230522_134432.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Soon after I bought my BX about 4 years ago, the ignition switch started acting up and wouldn't send power to the started solenoid. I bought a replacement off Amazon, and it worked fine until last year when the key could be removed in the run position. I didn't think too much about it, but last Monday when I finished mowing the yard, the key and fob were gone, fortunately I have a couple of extra keys, so I stuck a spare in and shut it off. This time I bought a replacement from Messick's, my local shop was out of stock, and I replaced it on Thursday. They are really proud of those things, $89.12 proud. At least now the key can't be removed in the run position. I'll probably find the missing key, unless it got picked up by the mower and destroyed, although I never heard a noise if it did. I think I'll make a lanyard and put the key on it, then loop it over the throttle lever so it can't get away.
My first car was like that. I could start it with a screwdriver, pocket knife, random key, whatever was handy at the moment. It was protected from theft by being a dilapidated POS. Doubt that applies to your tractor so getting a key switch was probably a good move.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Soon after I bought my BX about 4 years ago, the ignition switch started acting up and wouldn't send power to the started solenoid. I bought a replacement off Amazon, and it worked fine until last year when the key could be removed in the run position. I didn't think too much about it, but last Monday when I finished mowing the yard, the key and fob were gone, fortunately I have a couple of extra keys, so I stuck a spare in and shut it off. This time I bought a replacement from Messick's, my local shop was out of stock, and I replaced it on Thursday. They are really proud of those things, $89.12 proud. At least now the key can't be removed in the run position. I'll probably find the missing key, unless it got picked up by the mower and destroyed, although I never heard a noise if it did. I think I'll make a lanyard and put the key on it, then loop it over the throttle lever so it can't get away.
My BX22 had the same problem and the dealer sent me a new switch under warranty. Never got around to replacing it, just tied the key to the steering column. Never lost the key, and the new switch is still somewhere in the garage. Your Amazon replacement probably came out of the same factory that makes the OEM switch, only the packaging was changed. Not enough demand for a manufacturer to tool up to make switches to sell cheaper than Kubota.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Use a short extension hose to connect them together. Splice in a small ball valve in a T fitting. Open the valve, disconnect the extension hose. Close the valve and put it in a box.
That will equalize the pressure.

D.B. Cooper

Equipment
L4060 HST - LE ROPS, LA805, BH92, HR2572, PFLE45, 72” Peruzzo Flail Mower
May 13, 2021
California
Some mowing with the Perruzo on Saturday. Birthday party Piñata holder on Sunday.
A32BCDF1-69DF-4F85-ACF8-C15D31AD251A.jpeg
542ADB03-4725-4051-ACF2-A403FECC9350.jpeg
3CAD87CD-61BD-4305-98A8-694C91AD98ED.jpeg

Reactions: 12 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Didn't do diddly on the tractor today. But, I started my day with hauling Rocky Racoon to the local WMA and releasing him. He's been raiding our hummingbird feeders and knocking flower pots off the rail of the deck. Mind you the deck rail is a 2x6, so this must be one VERY clumsy racoon. So, I set a trap a few days ago, baited with nothing more fancy than a jelly sandwich made with a bread heel. Got up this morning, went out on the deck with my coffee to sit with the missus, and she informed me I had a drive to take, that Rocky was awaiting relocation. So, Rocky now has a new zipcode, and hopefully our hummingbirds will get the food intended for them.

After that, I pulled out "The Beast", which is what I call my 24" Swisher rough cut mower, and cut part of the unfinished area of our lot, roughly 1/3 of the property. Not so bad as I've been doing this for nearly 18 years on this part of the lot and have filled in most of the stump holes and removed most of the rocks. The back third, however, is still quite rough, only recently cleared of underbrush, brambles, and TONS of poison ivy. "The Beast" weighs in at 400 pounds, and throws me around like a ragdoll back there. It does a great job, but I really need to trade up for a flail mower to handle the unfinished part of our yard with something a little more comfortable to work with. The Swisher is a younger man's mower.
Sounds a lot like my 12HP Gravely walk behind (500 lb.?) with 30" deck.
It has a 9 lb brush blade,...... this 82 year old does not use it anymore.
Wanted to sell it, but son said....please don't do it!

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
fun weekend.. went to till a garden, got one pass done. front tire went flat.. no big deal air it up.. side wall was leaking. next day got a tube and fixed it then had to wait 2 days to finish tilling because of the rain. its all done now though!

• Wow

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Indirectly tractor related since I bought the trailer to haul the bigger tractor and some implements, but last night I applied a coat of wood preserver to the deck of the new PJ. I don't know if the wood was treated but it didn't look like it. I think I used the same stuff on the MidSota trailer a couple of years ago. I ended up using the entire gallon but it's a lot cheaper than all of the fancy deck type coatings. I don't need pretty, I just need durable.

pj_tilt_1.jpg

pj_tilt_2.jpg

pj_tilt_3.jpg

wood_preserver.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Use a short extension hose to connect them together. Splice in a small ball valve in a T fitting. Open the valve, disconnect the extension hose. Close the valve and put it in a box.
That will equalize the pressure.
My sage brush ripper/grapple does the same, about every 4 th time. Just did it today and the light went on for a solution! I took a 3/8" long carriage bolt I had handy, and carefully poked it into the male end, at about 15-20 pounds pressure, if that, (easy, point being) it burped and a tea spoon or less of hyd fluid came out. Then they snapped together with no drama, made my day!

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Indirectly tractor related since I bought the trailer to haul the bigger tractor and some implements, but last night I applied a coat of wood preserver to the deck of the new PJ. I don't know if the wood was treated but it didn't look like it. I think I used the same stuff on the MidSota trailer a couple of years ago. I ended up using the entire gallon but it's a lot cheaper than all of the fancy deck type coatings. I don't need pretty, I just need durable.

View attachment 103229

View attachment 103230

View attachment 103231

View attachment 103232
Looks pretty good to me.

Walker111

Equipment
G5200
Sep 7, 2018
Fburg VA
Hit 1000 hours with o
IMG_0560.jpeg

I’ve had lots of people tell me to get a zero turn but I love cutting grass with this machine.

IMG_0561.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users