What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I spent a few hours yesterday on the "struggle bus" with both tractors.

I used the MX with pallet forks to move the snow plow and blower to their summer storage location, and then used the M to move the rotary cutter and land plane (leveler) out of winter storage. I got the grapple on the M after moving more stuff around, and finally managed to get the wood out of the 16ft dump trailer so that a friend can use it. I had to break one of the grapple lines to relieve pressure and once again the grapple did a nice job of holding a wrench like a makeshift vice.

Last fall the friend borrowing the trailer built a neat log rack out of some decent lumber that he reclaimed from a deck on his house. His rack puts logs at about waist height to make them easier to cut up for firewood. I sort of arranged some H beam sections to do something similar and used the grapple to stack the wood on the hobbled together rack to get if off the ground and out of the way.

View attachment 102533

View attachment 102534

View attachment 102535
I have had to that a couple times, I now own spare fittings and hoses, I need to just try hook up a single fitting and hose now to see if it relieves the pressure.

If you have one male and one female connector on your implements, connect the two together when you park them and they won't lock up. ;)
Although that does help, but if I leave the implement out in the full sun, and the tractor is hot, connecting/dis the lines on the mx can be pita sometimes. Not a problem on the SVL75-2 whatsoever', I can leave the machine running with aux hydraulics off, it has pressure relief built in behind the fittings there at the manifold.

Reactions: 1 user

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I started probably 10 brush piles yesterday, I worked around those piles with MX. Today I was out grubbing trees out of the ground and the bottom fell out, 1.25in 30min. I lost quite a bit of soil off my back road again and I pretty sure I lost my grass seed off the 5 acres I planted a couple weeks ago. I continued working until the ground got too soft while pulling out some 8in to 9in Hackberry trees. The skidsteer was sinking in more than I liked plus thats just more dirt work to do later.

20230515_105143.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I have had to that a couple times, I now own spare fittings and hoses, I need to just try hook up a single fitting and hose now to see if it relieves the pressure.

Although that does help, but if I leave the implement out in the full sun, and the tractor is hot, connecting/dis the lines on the mx can be pita sometimes. Not a problem on the SVL75-2 whatsoever', I can leave the machine running with aux hydraulics off, it has pressure relief built in behind the fittings there at the manifold.
Are you leaving the grapple fully stroked in either direction? Connect the hoses together with it at mid-stroke. Works wonders for the 'stuck' poppet. When you uncouple the hoses, they'll bleed enough to let you connect them to the 3FV connections, assuming you 'bled' those, too. I shut off the tractor, then just turn the key back on without starting it, and bump both buttons a few times to neutralize any pressure in those hoses as well. So far, no issues connecting the grapple (after learning the techniques).

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Spread a load of mushroom compost in the garden with the loader.

20230517_135829.jpg

20230517_142253.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Are you leaving the grapple fully stroked in either direction? Connect the hoses together with it at mid-stroke. Works wonders for the 'stuck' poppet. When you uncouple the hoses, they'll bleed enough to let you connect them to the 3FV connections, assuming you 'bled' those, too. I shut off the tractor, then just turn the key back on without starting it, and bump both buttons a few times to neutralize any pressure in those hoses as well. So far, no issues connecting the grapple (after learning the techniques).
I have done all that, relaxed all postions etc... I think it's just a temperature issue here in South Texas.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Spread a load of mushroom compost in the garden with the loader.

View attachment 102731
View attachment 102732
What's the growing season like where you? I'm just wondering how long it will be before those little trees will be big trees. The season up here is very short so I look around at hundreds of small trees on my property that I know I'll never see grow to be big trees. :cautious:

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
What's the growing season like where you? I'm just wondering how long it will be before those little trees will be big trees. The season up here is very short so I look around at hundreds of small trees on my property that I know I'll never see grow to be big trees. :cautious:
I'm on the east coast of Canada. About 2 miles off the Gulf of St.Lawrence so our growing season is short. We've been getting below seasonal temps so far this month and can get frost into June so the garden probably won't go in until the second week of June.

The trees behind the garden were planted 5 years ago and were around 3-4' feet so they haven't took off. I think most of them are going to get pulled out amd something else planted in there place.

kcnsouthva

Equipment
L4060HST, FDR1672, GS1572, RCR1872
Aug 29, 2021
VA
I spent a few hours yesterday on the "struggle bus" with both tractors.

I used the MX with pallet forks to move the snow plow and blower to their summer storage location, and then used the M to move the rotary cutter and land plane (leveler) out of winter storage. I got the grapple on the M after moving more stuff around, and finally managed to get the wood out of the 16ft dump trailer so that a friend can use it. I had to break one of the grapple lines to relieve pressure and once again the grapple did a nice job of holding a wrench like a makeshift vice.

Last fall the friend borrowing the trailer built a neat log rack out of some decent lumber that he reclaimed from a deck on his house. His rack puts logs at about waist height to make them easier to cut up for firewood. I sort of arranged some H beam sections to do something similar and used the grapple to stack the wood on the hobbled together rack to get if off the ground and out of the way.

View attachment 102533

View attachment 102534

View attachment 102535
I too, have struggled with residual pressure on the grapple connections. I've found that a nut driver to fit over the spring loaded nipple in the connector, along with a tap from a ball peen hammer (though any hammer will do) releases way quicker and provides much less frustration than loosening and retightening the fittings. I've become proficient in holding the fitting and nut driver in my left and swinging the hammer with my right.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Plugged sewer line dig with Kubota's BIG BOY excavator. Note the number on it. Yes, that's 007 :cool:Actually, I'd have been better off with something a size or two smaller. 30" bucket was a tight fit.

Cut out a large chunk of patio to repair the one section and started digging up near the house and found a cesspool (or, perhaps a well pit). Stopped right there and will tackle that end with a pipe liner sleeve that we can push from the other end that we are opening and adding 2 routing wyes. Local municipality failed the lateral inspection for real estate sale. Roots were found in the line in 2 places.

after digging a few feet, I found this.

H4-NOE674-1.JPG

diggy from other end:

H4-NOE674-5.JPG

There's one problem. At 8.5' deep, roots entered the transition from cast iron to 6" terra cotta. :p

H4-NOE674-7.JPG

Pipey- two reversed wye's so that the liner/sleeve can be installed in the section I couldn't dig.

H4-NOE674-8.JPG

Rented mule next to my truck with nice 4x4 slab of concrete tucked in for the ride home.

H4-NOE674-11.JPG

Done (with the rented Orange mule anyway). The bucket was squealing (needed grease) and the leftmost tooth on the bucket was approx 3" longer than all the other teeth. :(

H4-NOE674-12.JPG

Next one on friday...this time with my own Orange.

Reactions: 8 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Plugged sewer line dig with Kubota's BIG BOY excavator. Note the number on it. Yes, that's 007 :cool:Actually, I'd have been better off with something a size or two smaller. 30" bucket was a tight fit.

Cut out a large chunk of patio to repair the one section and started digging up near the house and found a cesspool (or, perhaps a well pit). Stopped right there and will tackle that end with a pipe liner sleeve that we can push from the other end that we are opening and adding 2 routing wyes. Local municipality failed the lateral inspection for real estate sale. Roots were found in the line in 2 places.

View attachment 102775

diggy from other end:

View attachment 102776

There's one problem. At 8.5' deep, roots entered the transition from cast iron to 6" terra cotta. :p

View attachment 102777

Pipey- two reversed wye's so that the liner/sleeve can be installed in the section I couldn't dig.

View attachment 102778

Rented mule next to my truck with nice 4x4 slab of concrete tucked in for the ride home.

View attachment 102779

Done (with the rented Orange mule anyway). The bucket was squealing (needed grease) and the leftmost tooth on the bucket was approx 3" longer than all the other teeth. :(

View attachment 102780

Another tidy job. I think you would do well with your own youtube channel.

Reactions: 4 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
A couple years ago I turned the splitting beam around the other way on my 22 ton Huskey splitter so that the the work station was closer to the trailer making it an easy lob into the trailer. I welded on a couple more hinge ears and a set of lifting lugs.

21_5_7-X.jpg

There were a couple consequences. One was the tongue weight went from about 50 lbs to 90 lbs. I put on a trailer jack to help compensate for that. The other was that I can't use the vertical mode as you can see.

P1020262.JPG

I'm near the end of the blocked up pile of firewood and have some big pieces I want to quarter in the vertical mode. So I turned the beam back around. Took about 15 minutes. Disconnected the two hydraulic fittings on the valve and let the hoses hang. Pulled the hinge pin and lifted the beam.

P1020263.JPG

Turned the trailer frame around by hand.

P1020264.JPG

Lowered the beam, put the hinge pin in the other set of ears, and reconnected the hoses.

P1020267.JPG

Went down and quartered a couple big blocks with the help of my carry-all.

P1020269.JPG

P1020270.JPG

I have eight left like these two.

P1020273.JPG

gg

Reactions: 11 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

View attachment 102775

diggy from other end:

View attachment 102776

View attachment 102777

View attachment 102778

View attachment 102779

View attachment 102780

Who puts a (one) 3" longer tooth on an excavator bucket?
Only an equipment rental place!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I started probably 10 brush piles yesterday, I worked around those piles with MX. Today I was out grubbing trees out of the ground and the bottom fell out, 1.25in 30min. I lost quite a bit of soil off my back road again and I pretty sure I lost my grass seed off the 5 acres I planted a couple weeks ago. I continued working until the ground got too soft while pulling out some 8in to 9in Hackberry trees. The skidsteer was sinking in more than I liked plus thats just more dirt work to do later.

View attachment 102691

You've got that place looking good......! (y)

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
A couple years ago I turned the splitting beam around the other way on my 22 ton Huskey splitter so that the the work station was closer to the trailer making it an easy lob into the trailer. I welded on a couple more hinge ears and a set of lifting lugs.

View attachment 102792

There were a couple consequences. One was the tongue weight went from about 50 lbs to 90 lbs. I put on a trailer jack to help compensate for that. The other was that I can't use the vertical mode as you can see.

View attachment 102793

I'm near the end of the blocked up pile of firewood and have some big pieces I want to quarter in the vertical mode. So I turned the beam back around. Took about 15 minutes. Disconnected the two hydraulic fittings on the valve and let the hoses hang. Pulled the hinge pin and lifted the beam.

View attachment 102794

Turned the trailer frame around by hand.

View attachment 102795

Lowered the beam, put the hinge pin in the other set of ears, and reconnected the hoses.

View attachment 102796

Went down and quartered a couple big blocks with the help of my carry-all.

View attachment 102797

View attachment 102798

I have eight left like these two.

View attachment 102799

gg
Great setup you have there.

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
WoodMaxx WM-8H
I wanted a power feed , but I have no rear hydraulics. Not alot of hours on it. I've used it a dozen times. But works good. I'll get the blades sharpened this year.
This convinces me of something I've been wanting to do for a while ... I have a DR. Chipper with an 18HP engine. It's a towable model, but it would be super easy to unbolt the chipper itself from the trailer and mount it to a 3PT carryall so I can move it around with my tractor. I need to look at the Tractor Supply Carryalls, but there are several reviews with pictures showing them bent up. Options are limited in the Pacific Northwest. But man it would be so slick to tool around my property with the chipper on the back of my BX.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
The wife helped me plant the last 2 food plots today. Seemed like a waste to tear up perfectly good wheat, but we did.
IMG_8660.jpeg
IMG_8661.jpeg
IMG_8662.jpeg

My wife is a pretty good helper.

Reactions: 7 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
The wife helped me plant the last 2 food plots today. Seemed like a waste to tear up perfectly good wheat, but we did.
View attachment 102849 View attachment 102850 View attachment 102851

My wife is a pretty good helper.
Mighty good help there.

I know it seems a 'waste' to disc down a crop of wheat....but depending on what you planted it for, it is best to start a new crop IMO.

IF planted mainly for deer, they utilize wheat more before it matures, preferring the younger plant. But if planted also for Turkey, Quail...then yes, the food source and cover are temporarily lost.

In any case...the wildlife will enjoy the resource and benefit from your labor and expense. (y)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
TB, thought you said you were short of rain! Doesn't look like it in that picture.

I like it when the woman has to be color coordinated while plowing in the back 40! ;)
She must have know you'd be taking pictures.