What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Wednesday (and well into the night) sewer line repair. 6" terracotta completely plugged with grease, (3) toothbrushes, rags, panties, (2) balls, razor and lastly, another companies broken snake. Turns out their snake totally shredded the terracotta. Really nasty pipe full.

QUOTE]

I have been wondering about this for a while. Why do you go to the trouble to dissect the clogged pipe to determine its contents? Why not just toss it out? I would think that the customers would just be happy to have the sewer pipe working again. Then on the other side of the coin, what happens when the same type of items you just found in the pipe find their way into the new pipe and block it? Do you have to dig it up again to clear the blockage or can it just be pushed out to the main sewer pipe?

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
(Yesterday) the tractor made getting the evaporator going a bit easier. First and only boil of the year for me (got a lot of other stuff on my plate). Made a little over two gallons of syrup in an afternoon (better part of a day really). Took 75ish gallons of sap and about a quarter of a cord of pine. I used to think real maple syrup from the supermarket was expensive. Now I think it’s a bargain!

FFCC9E2F-5F68-4074-9886-01B3A4D27FB7.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
1) We didn't go out of our way to dissect the contents on the pipe. They just show up as we are removing pieces of pipe.
2) and this is a big one...so that we can show the landlord why he just spent $16K to get the tenant apartments flowing again. Maybe with a little guidance, the tenants will stop flushing grease, hair rollers and toothbrushes??? Then again, they are tenants who just don't give a hoot (I'd use another term here but this is a PG site). ;)

Reactions: 4 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Today's festivities with rented Orange mule.

House trap was sheared off and dropped due to insufficient backfill (no stone in sight)...shoddy construction but, plenty of "plunkies" were found around the outside of the pipe. I took some before pics showing how the front entrance had already dropped since it had been replaced in 2018. I like to CYA when possible. ;)

Start:

H4-HAR802-1.JPG

Dig: (hmmm, no real footing or even stone) . Lots of garbage fill was used.

H4-HAR802-2.JPG

H4-HAR802-3.JPG

Look at the red line visible on the brick. That left side had dropped. I actually could see that there was an issue from Google maps street view.

Orange Mule:

H4-HAR802-6.JPG

Pipey:
H4-HAR802-7.JPG
H4-HAR802-8.JPG

Put the wall back in for now since I needed something to backfill against. Lots of stone with weed barrier to keep the dirt out of it. Look at the kind neighbors pipes...looks like his trap has begun to sink as well. He was a very nice gentleman to allow us access using his sidewalk and taking down his stone wall so that we could repair his neighbors trap. Pretty rare these days. This kindness does shed a glimmer of hope that all is not lost here.

H4-HAR802-12.JPG

H4-HAR802-14.JPG

will return to restore the kind neighbors walkway and bed.

Reactions: 5 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Today's festivities with rented Orange mule.

House trap was sheared off and dropped due to insufficient backfill (no stone in sight)...shoddy construction but, plenty of "plunkies" were found around the outside of the pipe. I took some before pics showing how the front entrance had already dropped since it had been replaced in 2018. I like to CYA when possible. ;)

Start:

View attachment 99324

Dig: (hmmm, no real footing or even stone) . Lots of garbage fill was used.

View attachment 99325

View attachment 99326

Look at the red line visible on the brick. That left side had dropped. I actually could see that there was an issue from Google maps street view.

Orange Mule:

View attachment 99327

Pipey:
View attachment 99328 View attachment 99329

Put the wall back in for now since I needed something to backfill against. Lots of stone with weed barrier to keep the dirt out of it. Look at the kind neighbors pipes...looks like his trap has begun to sink as well. He was a very nice gentleman to allow us access using his sidewalk and taking down his stone wall so that we could repair his neighbors trap. Pretty rare these days. This kindness does shed a glimmer of hope that all is not lost here.

View attachment 99330

View attachment 99331

will return to restore the kind neighbors walkway and bed.
That front step footing (or lack thereof) must have slipped by the building inspector.
Pennsylvania with just a few inches of footing cover?
I don't think so!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
That front step footing (or lack thereof) must have slipped by the building inspector.
Pennsylvania with just a few inches of footing cover?
I don't think so!
Fried, totally agree with you. I really do wish that I had actually found a footing. One of the last pics shows how that landing is dumping water off of the corner. Unreal.

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Drilled some holes for corner posts today. I am breaking into the fence line for a double 16 foot gate, to allow access to a watering lane. This 1 pond will service 2 pastures. 1 brome pasture for early season & a native grass for later.
292E7D77-6F5B-4DC8-91BC-D789A0A387FB.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Drilled some holes for corner posts today. I am breaking into the fence line for a double 16 foot gate, to allow access to a watering lane. This 1 pond will service 2 pastures. 1 brome pasture for early season & a native grass for later.
View attachment 99334
Figured you'd use hedge since you have some.... and the price of steel post is scary. It'll be nice though.

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Figured you'd use hedge since you have some.... and the price of steel post is scary. It'll be nice though.
I’ve had the pipe for about 4 years. I ran into a good deal & bought plenty. Using the hedge did cross my mind. I am a little pressed for time & decided not to go “Old School” for this project.
I will plant some hedge in the bottom of the pond for the fish.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Fried, totally agree with you. I really do wish that I had actually found a footing. One of the last pics shows how that landing is dumping water off of the corner. Unreal.
I'll bet every one of those (condos?) has a whole host of other construction deficiencies.
Built with every cost cutting idea conceivable.
Builder is usually gone, by the time the first issues arrive.
You just FIXED one of those issues for $16K,...... very sad for the unsuspecting property owner.
Nice job you did BTW!

I was a Civil Engineering major, and my dad wanted me to be a building contractor.
I liked construction, but would not have survived, because I could never cut corners like that.
(My dad was a woodcarver -from Germany- who originally worked on the organ case in St. Patricks Cathedral, so precision was in his blood.)
Instead,........ I learned to fly airplanes on/off aircraft carriers.
Sloppy/shoddy work there, .......is deadly!
Precision is in my blood too!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Maybe I’m the April Fool, but took snowblower off. 😳

Driveway needs a little touch up, and and it’s not too wet to get it done.

1189E905-BB7C-4885-A121-51FFD92DE07D.jpeg

414290C3-E2F0-4C03-80D5-6262D7357DA0.jpeg

Last edited:

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Last 2 storms here in central NH have been slushfests…PAM in the chute didn’t work well…getting sick of winter here…😡

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Last 2 storms here in central NH have been slushfests…PAM in the chute didn’t work well…getting sick of winter here…😡
Yeah, hear you.

We got 12” of slush last year April 19. I can’t wait that long to change tractor over, sometimes I’ve mowed grass before May 1…

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Yeah, hear you.

We got 12” of slush last year April 19. I can’t wait that long to change tractor over, sometimes I’ve mowed grass before May 1…
Lol…it helps to whine about it on here…not much, but helps a bit. 😞

• Haha

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
What happened to "No mow May?" Mowing less creates habitat and can increase the abundance and diversity of wildlife including bees and other pollinators. One way to reduce mowing is by participating in No Mow April, No Mow May, or Low Mow Spring.

Lawns cover 40 million acres, or 2%, of land in the US, making them the single largest irrigated crop we grow. Lawns are mowed, raked, fertilized, weeded, chemically treated, and watered⁠—sucking up time, money, and other resources. Lawns provide little benefit to wildlife, and are often harmful. Grass-only lawns lack floral resources and nesting sites for bees and are often treated with pesticides that harm bees and other invertebrates.

When we think of habitat loss, we tend to imagine bulldozers and rutted dirt, but acres of manicured lawn are as much a loss of habitat as any development site.

Now I just got to convince everyone else about this as neighbors mow every 3 days. I am the every 10 days in the summer type. Of course the neighbors lawn is one acre and mine is a few more(5 acres that I mow).

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
@cthomas - I only mow what’s flat here, and there isn’t much of it. Snowblower in winter.

Shows the weather we’ve had lately; did oil change today with only 42 hours in 18 months. Had winters when I did 40 hours.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I average about 150 hours on the tractor in the winter blowing/plowing snow and 300ish in the summer mowing/grading/digging in the summer. I am so happy to have a cab.