What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Pretty much the same here as DustyRusty's place. We got about 3" of icy mix. Had to clear it from the driveway before it freezes tonight or I'd be stuck here until April.
The blower was awesome on the top 2-1/2"
snowblowing_FD.20220225_114529880_1.jpg

I had to use the bucket with the toothbar to scrape down to the frozen gravel as it was surprising solid :(

The toothbar is wicked!

Reactions: 1 user

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Well, I decided to mow the weeds today. As usual I have to remove the FEL and after disconnecting the bucket and third function hydraulic connections, I realized that I forgot relieve the hydraulic pressure in the lines! So, at that point I decided just go ahead and mow and reconnecting the lines would be tomorrow's problem.
When I finished mowing, I decided to try reconnecting the lines. And miracles do happen! The third function connected much easier than usual since it always is a pain in the a_ _ and the FEL was a little harder than usual but after relieving the pressure, it went together real easy the second time. 😱

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Well, what did I do with or to? Hmm
Had it delivered.

Homecoming.jpg

Reactions: 16 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
For what it’s worth, I have to get into the road to do the driveway apron. I also do the shoulder in front of the mailboxes across the road for our house and the neighbors directly across from us. About 30 yards over there.

Being seen is a good thing. I usually wear a safety yellow jacket and hat, but improved lighting on the machine helps.

I replaced all tractor bulbs with LED with good lumens, and also use my removable LED “antennae-like” work lights up high on the ROPS.

My garage is very well lit, but you hopefully can see the lights are bright. I don’t have the headlights on, but they’re LED as well.

39473FD4-5152-4184-9AF7-E1724257B8DD.jpeg

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Where'd you find the LED bulbs? Got the same (looks like) HF QH. I've put silver tape over those pins that secure the bigger pins holding it onto the lower lift arms. Had some brush pull one of the small pins out, and the bigger pin almost came all the way out before I started taping them. Looks like you bent the original top link and had to replace it like I did on the JD 2025R.

Removed the bush hog and put the chipper back on. Supposed to be dry here next 7 days. Should be able to finally get down the hill a bit and do some chipping.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Wow, I cleared the drive with the new tractor and it is so much nicer than the B2410. Better visibility, smoother motions, and the auto throttle is the boss! Need to fine tune the bucket level, but aside from that, nice. I can finally put the bucket flat and still steer.

Have a whole list of things to do now that I have pallet forks too, just need a couple more pallets and a steel rack to get started.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I installed the light switches, but don't have the brackets yet for the lights, on back order. I think I can use the brackets that come with the lights for the rear lights, then just a matter of matching the harness plugs.

Found out the mirrors ordered were just the mirrors, no brackets. Dealer is looking into seeing if there is a whole kit, if not they will order up the parts.

Now to find a radio and harness for it. Played with the tractor a bit after work and put about an hour on it. I switched out the bucket to the forks and got a few pallets picked up and moved to the barn, but my doors are frozen in 3" of ice from the rain the other day, the entire front pad by the barn is solid ice, so have to park the tractor outside for now.

Going to look into those LED for the headlights and work lights myself, but already have a couple sets of LE worklights on the way for the cab. Going to light up the fields for UFO's when done.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Where'd you find the LED bulbs?
Ralph - -the Worklights were Tractor Supply, after Christmas sale several years ago. I had some 6" brackets on hand I adapted. I have to take them off in the summer. The ROPS is too short on a BX2360 for me to hang them below the ROPS...I'd hit my melon on them. Tree limbs would tear them off mowing.

The tractor bulbs were all on-line (Amazon?).

It's been a few years, but I think the headlamps and marker/hazard bulbs were just common automotive bulbs. I think my BX headlamps were 886. Will vary by model.

If you look up the replacement bulb part # for your tractor, often the description will give you an idea what auto bulb # crosses to your machine.

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Well plowed 6 inches last night, then plowed another 6 this am. Then cleaned calf barn, bedded both beef and calf barn, moved some snow piles out from behind shop, got 3 neighbors driveways plowed out for them, plowed road to sugarwood again, washed water tubs and put back and filled. Fixed rear seal on right side. Topped off with fluid, filled full of diesel and plugged it in for the night Got a buddy coming tomarrow we are all tapped in sugar bush but gonna add a couple hundred tommarow b4 my 10yr old nefew comes for a couple days. Been busy day. Got another busy 1 tomorrow. Hopefully can make some syrup end of the week.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I installed the light switches, but don't have the brackets yet for the lights, on back order. I think I can use the brackets that come with the lights for the rear lights, then just a matter of matching the harness plugs.

Found out the mirrors ordered were just the mirrors, no brackets. Dealer is looking into seeing if there is a whole kit, if not they will order up the parts.

Now to find a radio and harness for it. Played with the tractor a bit after work and put about an hour on it. I switched out the bucket to the forks and got a few pallets picked up and moved to the barn, but my doors are frozen in 3" of ice from the rain the other day, the entire front pad by the barn is solid ice, so have to park the tractor outside for now.

Going to look into those LED for the headlights and work lights myself, but already have a couple sets of LE worklights on the way for the cab. Going to light up the fields for UFO's when done.
Got my kit yesterday. Installed today. This had everything in it.
20220225_193308.jpg

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Thanks, I forwarded this off to the dealer. Looks like it if for an MX, but was able to track it down and the parts list looks the same between both models.
The difference is the holder for the mirrors are welded on our cabs. Looks like MX bolts on. The round housing. I have 2 in the box. When I bought my tractor off the lot I said I never thought of Mirrors as a deluxe thing. The sales guy told me after looking in his book would be 140.00 per side. I said you'll throw that in right ?
So Friday he called and said they came in. I drove 40 miles each way to realize I had 2 kits. So I took 1 back Saturday after installing the other. This is my first Kubota and my dealer sells a lot of stuff to businesses. I was attempting to be honest, but he was frustrated by the situation.
I should have shipped the extra kit to you.
Frustrates me I should have been his easiest buyer. I paid cash for this but that made no difference to him.
I'm going to find another dealer to work with. I want remotes for the front and rear. He asked me WHY ? when I asked for a quote.
I'm glad that helped you though. Wasn't bad to install. I put everything together on my work bench first. Tension roll pins were the most difficult part, and those are easy with vise grips to start and a good vise.

Sorry about the rant.........I'm done now with putting the Deluxe stuff back on. Well except the 12v cigarette lighter port id never use. Look on Amazon for Kubota Tractor stereos. They have a lot to choose from.

Norman

Equipment
LX2610HSD;LA535;LP 60" grapple; WC68 chipper; GB60 SW cutter
Sep 30, 2021
Georgia, USA
Spent an few hours bucking and stacking logs. I’m finally able to cleanup tornado damage now that I have the loader and grapple. FYI…Going to be giving away lots of good hard woods if anyone lives near Newnan GA.
F134C7DC-9EAE-4105-AE7B-7E2EF5425868.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 47704

Spent an few hours bucking and stacking logs. I’m finally able to cleanup tornado damage now that I have the loader and grapple. FYI…Going to be giving away lots of good hard woods if anyone lives near Newnan GA.
View attachment 75790

Looks like you got some saw logs there.

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
View attachment 75790
Tornado damage was one of the main reasons I pulled the trigger on getting my LX2610 and Virnig grapple now instead of waiting. My ‘52 8n was a workhorse but there were simply some tasks it wasn’t capable of.

Anyway…….I have about 100 downed trees to clean up. Unfortunately all but a handful are pine so I don’t even get firewood out of the deal. 😡

Reactions: 1 users

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Thanks, I forwarded this off to the dealer. Looks like it if for an MX, but was able to track it down and the parts list looks the same between both models.
Here is installed Mirror, 2nd pic is the bolt on type for the MX in that kit. If you looked up separate parts the cost is way more expensive piecing to get for the same parts. I just put these in my drawer of stuff I may need someday. I also attached pdf of instructions. Image 5 is our cab.
The bearing on the bottom is a very tight fit. I tapped in partway then put the stem in and tapped as a unit till the roll pin sat in a notch. Tightened the rest down from the top to 25 ft pounds. Mirrors nice and tight and pop when folded to the next groove.
We had those sweet Ice storms last few nights. Have front leds still wiring for the Kubota plug.
20220227_095748.jpg

20220227_095738.jpg
20220227_095729.jpg

Attachments

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Tornado damage was one of the main reasons I pulled the trigger on getting my LX2610 and Virnig grapple now instead of waiting. My ‘52 8n was a workhorse but there were simply some tasks it wasn’t capable of.

Anyway…….I have about 100 downed trees to clean up. Unfortunately all but a handful are pine so I don’t even get firewood out of the deal. 😡

my old way of bucking logs to cut and split. 2nd pic is most recent after wind storm and cutting up. Most are Locust and we have 2 fireplaces so just a lot of cutting and splitting.
DSC_1447.JPG
20220223_173836.jpg

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Here is installed Mirror, 2nd pic is the bolt on type for the MX in that kit. If you looked up separate parts the cost is way more expensive piecing to get for the same parts. I just put these in my drawer of stuff I may need someday. I also attached pdf of instructions. Image 5 is our cab.
The bearing on the bottom is a very tight fit. I tapped in partway then put the stem in and tapped as a unit till the roll pin sat in a notch. Tightened the rest down from the top to 25 ft pounds. Mirrors nice and tight and pop when folded to the next groove.
We had those sweet Ice storms last few nights. Have front leds still wiring for the Kubota plug.
View attachment 75811
View attachment 75802 View attachment 75804

Good info. I will find out on Monday how long it will take for them to get the kit. So that top number is the Kit number and includes 2 mirrors and brackets? When I look it up I find TC860-97310 and TC860-97320 So I wonder if the TC860-97301 is for both mirrors.