What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Had to move a 1000# ballast to get my truck in the garage to avoid the storm that caused this.

Wow, that is a lot of damage, hope no one was injured. You hate to see property damage, but such can be fixed. People are a lot harder to repair.

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
Had a portable sawmill come in. Loaded the logs onto it and then hauled the milled wood into the back yard to sticker and stack. Just a little BX2200 with forks and quick attach from mytractortools.com. I am really impressed with what the BX can do.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I haven't had any reports of any major problems....yet! We only had marble size hail at the house for a few minutes.

I wanted to show this picture, but my computer skills didn't allow that. So I am putting a link to FB so you can see it (at least some can). This is the power plant just outside LaCygne, Ks. It's about 3 miles from the Mo. line. One of the most amazing storm pictures I've ever seen. On the FB picture you can move your mouse and see the entire view.

This is outside the town where the roof is off the building in the second picture.

Here's the LaCygne Generating Station. The just did a retro on it a couple of years ago. Removed the two tall stacks are replaced with shorter one. Coal fired. https://www.tic-inc.com/markets/pow...ne-generating-station-environmental-retrofit/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2550798275182075&set=a.1430741967187717&type=3&theater

papajoe

Equipment
L3901DT Shuttle (2017), B6100E (1978), B6100E (1979), B6100HST-E (1985), RTV500
Dec 26, 2017
Oak Grove, La.
I've been busy the last 2 days. Yesterday I planted another acre of sweet corn. I already had the ground broke, but had to hip it up, apply fertilizer by plowing it into top of row, then re-hip, then harrow, then roll, then finally plant. I tied tomatoes this morning, then re-leveled 3/4 acre with a box blade then got it disked. Tomorrow I will row it up and plant watermelons and cantaloupes. I also cultivated 3/4 acre of older corn and got my okra ground almost ready to plant. Whew, I need a raise!

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I did most of my 200hr service at the 50 hour point yesterday.

All my service windows are one ahead. I always start with the Ford racing break-in method before the first hour.

About 6-1/2 gallons of fluids in all. I was surprised how metallic the hst oil was. The front axle oil also had a bunch of fines in it.

Took about 1.5 hours soup to nuts and nothing leaking this morning :). I am glad it is done.

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
I've been busy the last 2 days. Yesterday I planted another acre of sweet corn. I already had the ground broke, but had to hip it up, apply fertilizer by plowing it into top of row, then re-hip, then harrow, then roll, then finally plant. I tied tomatoes this morning, then re-leveled 3/4 acre with a box blade then got it disked. Tomorrow I will row it up and plant watermelons and cantaloupes. I also cultivated 3/4 acre of older corn and got my okra ground almost ready to plant. Whew, I need a raise!
You have my complete admiration and respect.

You Farmers are one HARD WORKING bunch !

papajoe

Equipment
L3901DT Shuttle (2017), B6100E (1978), B6100E (1979), B6100HST-E (1985), RTV500
Dec 26, 2017
Oak Grove, La.
I'm just a "hobby farmer." Have always raised a big garden. Now I raise about 4 acres of produce. In 2015 I had an accident that broke my back. Retired from my job (of 37 years) on my doctor's advice. I work harder now than I have in years. (I was a construction superintendent.) It's good work, and it's what I want to do, and I get to stay at home every night. Life's good.

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
papajoe,

I have a small working farm next to me, and the owner is always already in his field working when I leave for work at 7AM, and STILL working for a couple of hours after I get home.

I think it must be a labor of love.

Stay Safe !

3bfarm

Equipment
rtv 900
Oct 19, 2019
kansas
I probably shouldn't tell on myself but it's good for a laugh for everybody but me. I was discing today and 1 field is across the creek from the other 2 and I knew the crossing had washed out last year. We had a lot of high water last year and it was worse than usual. The bad part was it dropped off a lot more on 1 side than the other and I couldn't get down the bank for fear of turning over so I cut the bank some so I could miss the big drop. Well being in a hurry I should have done more but I eased down into the creek. I wanted to use the bucket to stabilize the tractor but it couldn't touch so I rolled it down to make contact. As I went forward the bucket started digging into the gravel so I tried to pick it up but it was going to lift the rear tire. I tried to back up but only slipped making it worse. I was able to roll back and go down with the bucket and eased on down into the bottom. They say there is no fool like an old fool.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Moved stuff around for my wife

Painted the tips of my forks so I can see them

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We trimmed trees to make it easier for mowing. Mowed around the house, barns, and around the edge of the fields at the house.

I also used my subsoiler for the first time. I was surprised how well the tractor pulled it.

Attachments

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Busy day bought a 3 point carry all from Tractor Supply.

Moved 10 yards of sand into grand kids sand box.

Moved 20 yards top soil into garden area.

Moving the dirt really loved having the tiller on back for ballast. :D

BobHufford

Equipment
2013 Kubota L3200DT
Mar 6, 2020
Cabool, MO, USA
Moved a few "sticks" out of the driveway. Started cleaning up after an EF2 tornado knocked down 70 50-year-old pines and a big walnut tree in the yard. 100+ more trees up in the woods (over the loop road) to deal with. No damage to us, the dogs, house, garage or barn thank God. This little tractor (new-to-me 2013 L3200) was not phased a bit dragging/pushing logs and was super nimble getting in and around tight places. Love it...

Attachments

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Thursday night I plowed the garden then this morning got 3 plus inches of snow. Poor mans fertilizer.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Occasionally when I am mowing, the deck gets a vibration that comes and goes. I figured it was a couple of the blades a little out of balance and when they got in phase, the vibrations were more noticeable.
There is a really nice balancer on Amazon that holds the blades on with ceramic magnets, real deluxe fixture with a $150 price tage.
So after a little thought, I designed a hub on Tinkercad that uses a couple of 608 R2 ball bearings and printed it out on one of my 3D printers. I made a stub with 3D printed threads and a 3D printed wing nut to hold the blade on the jig.
The bearings have no seals and roll very freely.
I used a 5/16" X 3" bolt with the head machined down so it's only 1/16" high and a couple of pieces of steel tube, one 20mm long to separate the bearings and another 25mm long to move it away from the 1" square tube I used for a support that I clamp in a vise.
I pulled one of the blades off and it was pretty close to balanced, only had to take a little off one blade. The other two blades were pretty close too, but now they are all nearly perfectly balanced.
It rotates so freely that even a couple of paper clips stuck on with a little scotch tape makes that blade stop at the bottom.
I figure that with the steel tubing, plastic filament, bearings, bolt, washers and nuts, I have at most $5.00 in it.

If anyone would want the stl file for it, PM me.

Attachments