What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Did a little brush clearing before I switch to summer/mowing mode.

Supposed to be mix rain/ snow tomorrow...[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
I've had a L245DT in the shop for about a month getting it into shape for use by it's owner on a tree farm.
It was in pretty rough shape when we got it.
The usual's....rebuild a front knuckle, replace the radiator, weld up the left rear axle outer plate (for some reason it's always been the left), new hoses, filters fluids, adjustments, add oil and water temp gauges, convert from down spout to upright exhaust, rewire it, new custom lights, adjust the valves.....new front tires.....you know.....the usual's.

Well.....the compression release cable had long ago quit having the ability to move within it's sleeve, and was non-functional.
Never use it, don't need it, remove it, and leave the knob in the dash for aesthetics.

Try and start the tractor:
Lots of smoke....almost starting, but just not enough "kick" in the compression.
Go through everything AGAIN.....a week's worth of going through again's....ugh....

This morning....I say's to myself: "Self....there's smoke, so there's fuel. The smoke is kinda grey....triple check again the glow plugs. There good.
Fuel synchronization (pull fuel lines......it's good....)"

Well....hey.....wait a minute.....what's this little lever doing all the way down on the front of the valve cover......

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGHHHHHHH...........................

Yup............compression release this whole week has been my nemesis!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I've had a L245DT in the shop for about a month getting it into shape for use by it's owner on a tree farm.
It was in pretty rough shape when we got it.
The usual's....rebuild a front knuckle, replace the radiator, weld up the left rear axle outer plate (for some reason it's always been the left), new hoses, filters fluids, adjustments, add oil and water temp gauges, convert from down spout to upright exhaust, rewire it, new custom lights, adjust the valves.....new front tires.....you know.....the usual's.

Well.....the compression release cable had long ago quit having the ability to move within it's sleeve, and was non-functional.
Never use it, don't need it, remove it, and leave the knob in the dash for aesthetics.

Try and start the tractor:
Lots of smoke....almost starting, but just not enough "kick" in the compression.
Go through everything AGAIN.....a week's worth of going through again's....ugh....

This morning....I say's to myself: "Self....there's smoke, so there's fuel. The smoke is kinda grey....triple check again the glow plugs. There good.
Fuel synchronization (pull fuel lines......it's good....)"

Well....hey.....wait a minute.....what's this little lever doing all the way down on the front of the valve cover......

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGHHHHHHH...........................

Yup............compression release this whole week has been my nemesis!!!
Sometimes a horseshoe it a spot that's real uncomfortable ain't so bad. ;)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
And I ended the day with the summer conversion, and mowed the lawn....[emoji3]

Serviced the mower deck and changed the gear box oil prior to putting it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Welded a 2 inch receiver into the bucket so I could retrieve my trailer that has been languishing in a muddy spot off my tractor trail. I could reach it with the bucket with the tractor mostly on the dryish trail.

Attachments

highonrunning90

Oct 27, 2018
Eastern Maine, USA
2 hrs of tractor chores.

Moved about 8 yards of compost onto the garden. Also spread and raked in our homemade chicken manure.

Called on our neighbor to rototill the garden bed.

Finished the day off with moving the old well cap cover to the burn pile. Should be nice and dry and light up like a Christmas tree. [emoji2957]

Tomorrow I'll hook up the Woodmaxx 8M for some over due chipping.

Hit 79hrs on the B. Love it so far.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Switched from my winter Toothless Piranha to my Piranha Tooth Bar

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I am glad to hear that you got bugs in the seat hoist worked out.

Could you share some pictures of both the hoist and your hand control. There was a guy needing help with the hand control. I might need to do the hoist.
The clutch control rod is only connected by a heim joint at the clutch pedal. I did this as this is the side I get on from and its well out of the way and I can easily reach down and grab the ball end and depress the clutch. The hydrostatic lever is somewhat convoluted to give me full travel in forward and reverse. I may redesign after this season is over. The post for the trolley and the trolley are off the shelf parts sold by https://www.ultimationinc.com/replacement-parts/buy-unibilt/10-enclosed-track/
The seat and arms are quick detachable from the trolley. I did that so if one of children or friends are operating the tractor its not in the way.

I am happy to provide more build details via PM , or email if you get to that point.

Attachments

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Scraped the shoulders of the road along here to keep the gravel where it should be. The rain has been washing it around on the curves as they are banked.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Replaced my old cruddy Hydraulic boots with new silicone ones

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
To keep them CLEAN while the implement is mounted, plug the units into EACH OTHER, keeping the colors together, of course. (I.E., plug the male blue into the female blue, etc etc.)

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I beefed up my grill.

I picked up my new grapple. I wanted the EA but they are running 4-5 weeks on theirs. My dealer had one LP unit available and hooked me up.

grill.jpg grapple.jpg

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Just replaced the front axle pivot pin and bushings on my B7200. Front bushing I removed with a home made tool similar to a slide hammer. Installed the new bushings using a threaded 5/8" shaft and impact wrench. Also installed extra shim to eliminate any slop forward and back. After over 2000 hours and tons of loader work it had lots of slop and leaked oil a bit. Did this with the axle supported on axle stands and then separated the frame using an overhead chain fall. Thought I would have more issues but job went very well.

PitViper

Equipment
B1750HSD, TG1860, 5’ box, 6’ grader, 6’ rake, pond scoop, PHD, boom pole, winch
Apr 28, 2020
Decatur TN
Did a little box blade work this morning. Tomorrow s going to be big day though. Fixing the driveway and cutting in new ditches.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Worked out at the farm. Tore down the old hog house, did some root/stump removal, and then leveled the ground.

Attachments