What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Hate it when a bunch of snow falls on the stone driveway when it’s bare, with no base of hard-packed snow.

Put the BB on with a LONG top link and smooshed the snow and ice we’ve gotten down into the stone. Will make snow blowing easier....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbucket32

Equipment
B7500
Jul 6, 2019
Puslinch,Ontario Canada
2in of ice pellets yesterday morning...not snow blower friendly. So I got to spend some time practicing my FEL skills digging us and the neighbors out (I'm still new to tractors). Seat time is great!

After reading RCW's post, I should have taken the time to remove the blower and used the BB...would have had better results in the ice.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lunasdude

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, FEL, quick con pto, box bld, land plane, flail mower
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
Thanksgiving day, central New Mexico got hammered with a foot of snow.
I started off clearing a path for my Dad to come to our house for Diner.

Then,:D I noticed my one neighbor who works a lot could not get out of their driveway, so I plowed it, THEN:D, the other next door neighbour came out and said she has to work that night and would I mind....:D
So, I plowed her driveway and since I had done that I just went ahead and finished the dam road.:cool:

THEN:D, when I was pushing the snow across the end of the road a couple stopped in their truck and asked if I could help them pull their sons stuck car out across the hill.

I said I can try but it's a small tractor (BX 1880).:eek:
SO, I went over the hill and there was a small Mazda Miata stuck in a small ditch.

We put the tow shaft on the front bumper and put a tow rope on it, put the BX in 4wd, locked the diffs and slowly took out the slack on the rope.

Had the guy give a little gas, told him not to spin it if he could help it.

Run BX's rpms up to maximum put the bucket low and eased out very slowly looking for traction.

And I will be a sun of a baboon!
The little beast not only pulled the car out of the ditch to the top of the hill but didn't slip hardly at all.

The funny looks from the guys in the big 4wd as this little tractor that could, pulled a small car up a snowy, icy hill was all worth it!

Fun, times, fun times!:cool:

I am the tall guy with the orange hoodie! (of course)

Attachments

Last edited:

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL

Then,:D I noticed my one neighbor who works a lot could not get out of their driveway, so I plowed it, THEN:D, the other next door neighbour came out and said she has to work that night and would I mind....:D
So, I plowed her driveway and since I had done that I just went ahead and finished the dam road.:cool:

THEN:D, when I was pushing the snow across the end of the road a couple stopped in their truck and asked if I could help them pull their sons stuck car out across the hill.

SO, I went over the hill and there was a small Mazda Miata stuck in a small ditch.

We put the tow shaft on the front bumper and put a tow rope on it, put the BX in 4wd, locked the diffs and slowly took out the slack on the rope.

Run BX's rpms up to maximum put the bucket low and eased out very slowly looking for traction.

The little beast not only pulled the car out of the ditch to the top of the hill but didn't slip hardly at all.

The funny looks from the guys in the big 4wd as this little tractor that could, pulled a small car up a snowy, icy hill was all worth it!

You just gotta love a day like that! Playing in the snow and getting to help your neighbors. That is one of the best feelings! Well done.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You just gotta love a day like that! Playing in the snow and getting to help your neighbors. That is one of the best feelings! Well done.
Yea first few snows of the season are like that, the next 100 are more...

"I'm going to shove this snow blade up someone's backside if they ask me to move any more snow!"

:eek: :mad: :p :D

lunasdude

Equipment
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
Thanks!
Many MAN tears of pride were shed that day!:eek:
Made the Turkey that much more satisfying!:D

lunasdude

Equipment
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
Yea first few snows of the season are like that, the next 100 are more...

"I'm going to shove this snow blade up someone's backside if they ask me to move any more snow!"

:eek: :mad: :p :D
100!!! Noooooo...
Glad I live on a Desert Planet!:D
We only have to put up with snow once in a while, now sand, let me tell you sand gets in everything!:eek::D

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado

Nicely done. Except towing from the bumper... Eek. Lucky you didn’t pull that thing clean off! I always hand the strap to the vehicle owner, and tell them to attach it somewhere secure. I don’t want to be responsible (financially or emotionally) for tearing someone’s tiny little car apart. I usually won’t even stop in my truck to help someone unless tow hooks are visible on their vehicle (of course, I’ll stop if it’s an emergency or in a desolate area).

lunasdude

Equipment
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
Nicely done. Except towing from the bumper... Eek. Lucky you didn’t pull that thing clean off! I always hand the strap to the vehicle owner, and tell them to attach it somewhere secure. I don’t want to be responsible (financially or emotionally) for tearing someone’s tiny little car apart. I usually won’t even stop in my truck to help someone unless tow hooks are visible on their vehicle (of course, I’ll stop if it’s an emergency or in a desolate area).

Well, it was a tow bar thing that comes with and screws in to most new car bumpers as there all dam plastic and styrofoam now, so i was hoping that it would suffice.:confused:

The miata was lowered :rolleyes: to a few inches off the ground so there was no way for me to squeeze my fatt a@@ under anywhere on that car!:D

Did have one guy in a truck who stopped and said "let's tie the rope to the front wheel suspension!"
I said, if you do that I am out of here as you will rip the wheel off!:eek:
The kid says nah let's let the tractor try!:cool:

Also you may have been correct about ripping off a bumper if some giant 4wd bro truck with 9 million torques had tried!

But with 18hp and 33lb ft, I wasn't too worried, couple that with the fact we were using one of those flexible tow ropes and my Dad taught me how to tow (start out easy, go slowly etc) I was very careful.

I do agree if the car had been bigger or there was no hard point on the vehicle I would have said no as well.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Well, it was a tow bar thing that comes with and screws in to most new car bumpers as there all dam plastic and styrofoam now, so i was hoping that it would suffice.:confused:

The miata was lowered :rolleyes: to a few inches off the ground so there was no way for me to squeeze my fatt a@@ under anywhere on that car!:D

Did have one guy in a truck who stopped and said "let's tie the rope to the front wheel suspension!"

I said, if you do that I am out of here as you will rip the wheel off!:eek:

The kid says nah let's let the tractor try!:cool:

Also you may have been correct about ripping off a bumper if some giant 4wd bro truck with 9 million torques had tried!

But with 18hp and 33lb ft, I wasn't too worried, couple that with the fact we were using one of those flexible tow ropes and my Dad taught me how to tow (start out easy, go slowly etc) I was very careful.

I do agree if the car had been bigger or there was no hard point on the vehicle I would have said no as well.

Sounds like you did it right! Those screw on tow hooks actually go through the bumper and into the frame, so all good there. Common on “track” cars. But should be found on every car. Sounds like you earned some good karma!

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Made tractor payment to Kubota , tractor wasn't started between payments :rolleyes:

Backhoe come up @ thanksgiving dinner my cousin got her going again... my wife is still saying she needs one on her tractor .... not needed I have hand dug all the projects I see would have used on.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Made tractor payment to Kubota , tractor wasn't started between payments :rolleyes:

Backhoe come up @ thanksgiving dinner my cousin got her going again... my wife is still saying she needs one on her tractor .... not needed I have hand dug all the projects I see would have used on.
I bet your back pains disagree with you...lol. EVERYBODY needs a backhoe. Make the wife happy, go gett`r a backhoe.

Happy wife, happy life:D

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Thought about mowing but somewhere between 6" & 8" of snow all over made me decide otherwise. Ended up bringing some firewood into the garage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Used my BX to set my generator on to the workbench.
It's a generator I got for free almost two years ago in February, that was submerged in a flood at an RV park. The owner said I could have it since his insurance had paid him for a new one. Water got into the engine and later froze breaking the block in two places. I replaced the block, rings, carb, gaskets and battery charger to get it back in running condition. It has started and run great ever since, until a few weeks ago the starter failed. I figured water had gotten into the starter, so I got one off Amazon for $35. Rather than lay on the floor and take the engine shroud and air cleaner assembly off, I used the BX to lift it onto the bench.
All fixed now, spins it over like a top and starts right up.

UPDATE: I think I know why the starter wasn't working. Look at the pictures.

Attachments

Last edited: